PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV and SECN+

TXDawg
09-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Just got off the phone with DirecTV and they are confirmed that SEC Network's Alternate Channel will be 611-1. However, they are claiming that the alternate channel will not appear on the guide unless there is a scheduled game being broadcast on it. SO...we have to wait until Saturday afternoon to determine if they got this fixed or not.

Living in Houston, I can guarantee you that TAMU fans will be pissed if they miss their game Saturday. It's about to get real if they don't figure this out soon.

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2014, 11:11 AM
I know it did not exist Saturday and I was not a pleasant person to be around according to my wife.

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2014, 11:16 AM
And for those of us who DVR, we need it on the schedule BEFORE the game is scheduled. This has the makings of a serious cluster.

Dawg496
09-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Dish Network has about 4 alternates for SECN according to the guide.

RougeDawg
09-03-2014, 11:25 AM
And for those of us who DVR, we need it on the schedule BEFORE the game is scheduled. This has the makings of a serious cluster.

^^^This^^^. I set my DVR before I left town and got screwed.

TXDawg
09-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Dish Network has about 4 alternates for SECN according to the guide.

Are they showing up now?

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2014, 11:36 AM
All we have to have happen is for what unfolded Saturday happen to Alabama when they are on the SECN. The next day you will be DTV add about 15 alternate channels and the CEO of DTV to show up in Tuscaloosa in a hounds tooth hat to apologize personally on campus and then stop at every trailer park on his way back home to apologize there too.

Brahmabull
09-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Anybody know about Comcrap? I never found the alternative channel Saturday.

Dawg496
09-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Are they showing up now?

They've been showing up since Day 1. My parents had no problems watching the entire game on Saturday.

TXDawg
09-03-2014, 11:52 AM
They've been showing up since Day 1. My parents had no problems watching the entire game on Saturday.

This is what DirecTV does with other alternate channels too (they have four Big10 alternates showing right now). Not sure why they're taking this approach with SECN. Something sounds fishy to me.

yjnkdawg
09-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Just got off the phone with DirecTV and they are confirmed that SEC Network's Alternate Channel will be 611-1. However, they are claiming that the alternate channel will not appear on the guide unless there is a scheduled game being broadcast on it. SO...we have to wait until Saturday afternoon to determine if they got this fixed or not.

Living in Houston, I can guarantee you that TAMU fans will be pissed if they miss their game Saturday. It's about to get real if they don't figure this out soon.

It could get interesting if either Alabama, Florida or LSU are on the alternate channel this weekend too, and Directv has still not got their crap together.

yjnkdawg
09-03-2014, 12:04 PM
I know it did not exist Saturday and I was not a pleasant person to be around according to my wife.

I talked with two different people at Directv on Saturday night and they didn't have a clue about the 611-1 channel.

Dawg496
09-03-2014, 12:07 PM
I don't see why anyone chooses to do business with DTV. It's an inferior product, terrible customer service (only about to get worse if they are purchased by AT&T), and the price is way too high.

We have the America's Top 120+, Multi Sport Package, a Hopper with 2 Joeys all for about $50/month with Dish. Every year they throw in the Multi Sport Package for free and I've only had to pay for it for one month out of 3 years because I forgot to call them right as the promotion expired. I don't see why you'd pay $100 a month for much less on DTV. But to each his own I suppose. Customer service has also been terrific with Dish.

yjnkdawg
09-03-2014, 12:14 PM

This is strange, because the information I had was that ESPN did not broadcast the MSU/USM game on any alternate channels, including Dish Network, because ESPN had told providers there was not a need for alternate channels until this weekend. This came off the Directv Technical Forum.

AgDawg
09-03-2014, 12:16 PM
The DirecTV tech support told me on Saturday the reason you can't access the channels is because they are blacked out for your zip code and the network has tell them which ones to blackout. The tech guy could see them on his side. I still didn't understand why I was blacked out up here in Iowa.

Homedawg
09-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Who are they with? I was at a place that had dish and 596 and 597 , the alternate channels, didn't have anything on them.

yjnkdawg
09-03-2014, 12:33 PM
The DirecTV tech support told me on Saturday the reason you can't access the channels is because they are blacked out for your zip code and the network has tell them which ones to blackout. The tech guy could see them on his side. I still didn't understand why I was blacked out up here in Iowa.

I don't understand that either on the blackout. I thought the purpose of the alternate channel(s) was to be able to see all SEC Network games' broadcasts. I had talked with a rep in programming with Directv the other night and she said she did not see the 611-1 on her screen either. When he said he could see them, that really sounds weird, because it is only supposed to be the 611-1 per my understanding.

TXDawg
09-03-2014, 01:23 PM

When I talked to DTV Cust Svc and Tech Svc Saturday night, neither of them could see it on their guide and none of them seemed to know it even existed.

Today, they say that it'll show up at game time on Saturday.

Not sure what to believe anymore, but they better get this (and WatchESPN) figured out quick.

TimberBeast
09-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Anybody know about Comcrap? I never found the alternative channel Saturday.

I'm in Meridian and they definitely didn't have any alternate channels showing on Saturday. Last night I noticed there were 2 or 3 of them showing though, hopefully they will always show on the guide.

Dawg496
09-03-2014, 02:16 PM
This is strange, because the information I had was that ESPN did not broadcast the MSU/USM game on any alternate channels, including Dish Network, because ESPN had told providers there was not a need for alternate channels until this weekend. This came off the Directv Technical Forum.

We've had the alternates since Day 1 for sure.

Who are they with? I was at a place that had dish and 596 and 597 , the alternate channels, didn't have anything on them.

They're with Dish. They have the hopper though, so the channel was 404.