PDA

View Full Version : No Bears

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Anyone noticed that no bears have been chimming in on EVERY thread on 6pack or trolling here since Thursday?

They won.
We won.
Theyre ranked 15th.

You'd think they'd be out in full force. Especially on the threads talking about how shitty they look.

Methinks they saw our game and saw their game an NO unbiased individual could say the teams were on par. Week 1, MSU was clearly a superior team. They know it and we know it. Things are fluid throughout the season and can change quickly.

You will see things like check the polls. Bo threw for more yards than Dak even though Dak played one half and Bo played the entire game with his first string.

I was shocked at how bad Ole Miss looked. They looked like they had never practiced all fall. Their safeties looked good hitting people but that is about it.

70 yards on that awful boise dl that returned nobody and was underweight?

I wish the bears played someone worth a shit the first 2 weeks. They would get destroyed. Their fans know they looked awful and their OL is sun belt esque.

Coach34
09-03-2014, 08:15 AM
**** that

This is the best Ole Missus team of my lifetime. John Vaught himself would be jealous of this crew

thf24
09-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Agreed. I actually have the good fortune of interacting mostly with Bear fans rooted in the real world on a daily basis (if one believes such a thing exists), and although they're not saying so, you can tell they know their team has some gaping problems.

Coach34
09-03-2014, 08:22 AM
In all honesty- I think a lot of them are in wait and see mode-
hopeful that OL is gonna get better and that DL does better against the run. They damn sure don't want me to be right about them.

And make no mistake- they are fully aware of how good we are on D.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-03-2014, 08:26 AM
When an ole miss staff writer says we have the best front 7 in the country...well, that means he probably just lost his job.

DragonDawgZ
09-03-2014, 08:26 AM
I did see on CFB now on the U, that two of the analysts said OM was the one team that even though they won, they are not sold on. Was surprised to see both pick them, but I dont think anyone can disagree. From the few OM fans I've talked to since that game, their confidence in this season went to shit after watching that debacle.

UMCDawg16
09-03-2014, 08:35 AM
**** that

This is the best Ole Missus team of my lifetime. John Vaught himself would be jealous of this crew

I'm with you, if OM doesn't win 10 games with all that talent, Freeze may as well hang it up. Best OM team in years. First round picks everywhere, there are no excuses this year.

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2014, 08:38 AM
When a Mountain West team has the game 7-6 in the 4th quarter then that is definite cause for alarm. The only reason they scored those 28 points in the 4th was that BSU just wore down. But what I have not seen discussed is the fact that is took a SEC team over 50 minutes to wear them down. Talent level aside, size is size and I would think USM was bigger than BSU and we had them worn down much earlier using our backups. Of course, like the announcer said - it isn't fair that we have a 3rd string DT that is over 300 pounds and has that much agility and strength. That is going to be our main advantage this season against teams. If we can just keep is close into the 4th quarter then that constant pounding we are going to be dishing out is going to cause fatigue in the other team. Eventually, DB's are going to be tired of hitting Bear, RoJo, and Fred. LB's are going to be tired of having to quare up JROB, Shump, and Dak. Once they get tired they'll try an Ole` tackle and we'll take it to the house. Then our defense will take over and just shut the other team down.

Coach34
09-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Ole Missus is neither big- nor physical. Their OL being fat doesn't mean "big and physical". I don't look for them to wear down many teams outside of Presbyterian

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Ole Missus is neither big- nor physical. Their OL being fat doesn't mean "big and physical". I don't look for them to wear down many teams outside of Presbyterian

If there is one team it will be them. They only have 4 players on their entire roster 300lbs or above. And three of them are a dead even 300. They have one DE that is 208 pounds. That's right, 208 lbs. Most of their d linemen were in the 230-250 range. Just the kind of team to make them feel good about themselves again.

FlabLoser
09-03-2014, 08:54 AM
The bears in my neighborhood predicting 10 wins have downgraded to 7 wins.

TrapGame
09-03-2014, 09:02 AM
After ULL becomes Boise State part II the bears will find it hard to point to many positives. And after losing three in a row to Bama, A&M and TN (yes, Butch beats that ass!) the bear nation will be in meltdown! Looking at 4-3 going into LSU and very well coming out 4-4 will cause the wheels to get awful wobbly on Rev. Freeze's snake oil wagon.

Offshore Dawg
09-03-2014, 09:02 AM
The bears in my neighborhood predicting 10 wins have downgraded to 7 wins.

I really hate to use smart and bears in the same sentence. However they have to have some still in reality.

Coach34
09-03-2014, 09:07 AM
I fear for their souls vs Bammer. That OL is gonna get crushed

Offshore Dawg
09-03-2014, 09:10 AM
I enjoy the fact that this is a bear free zone

chainedup_Dawg
09-03-2014, 09:21 AM
After ULL becomes Boise State part II the bears will find it hard to point to many positives. And after losing three in a row to Bama, A&M and TN (yes, Butch beats that ass!) the bear nation will be in meltdown! Looking at 4-3 going into LSU and very well coming out 4-4 will cause the wheels to get awful wobbly on Rev. Freeze's snake oil wagon.

I am right there with you. Every time I looked at their schedule, that TN game jumped out at me. And none of their faithful are even thinking about losing that game...well, that was until Thursday.

RougeDawg
09-03-2014, 09:23 AM
When a Mountain West team has the game 7-6 in the 4th quarter then that is definite cause for alarm. The only reason they scored those 28 points in the 4th was that BSU just wore down. But what I have not seen discussed is the fact that is took a SEC team over 50 minutes to wear them down. Talent level aside, size is size and I would think USM was bigger than BSU and we had them worn down much earlier using our backups. Of course, like the announcer said - it isn't fair that we have a 3rd string DT that is over 300 pounds and has that much agility and strength. That is going to be our main advantage this season against teams. If we can just keep is close into the 4th quarter then that constant pounding we are going to be dishing out is going to cause fatigue in the other team. Eventually, DB's are going to be tired of hitting Bear, RoJo, and Fred. LB's are going to be tired of having to quare up JROB, Shump, and Dak. Once they get tired they'll try an Ole` tackle and we'll take it to the house. Then our defense will take over and just shut the other team down.

And let's not forget that Boise should have had a lead at that point in the 4th. Boise ran 6 plays inside the bear 5 yard line and only came away with 3 points. They could have easily has 9, 13, or 17 points at that point in the 4th, all of which would have been a lead. At 17-7, I'm sure OM and BroLocks have a different mindset most likely resulting in his 4th or 5th gift of the evening. Point being, they had been outplayed to that point and were damn lucky to have a 1 pt lead.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Boise State followed the right defensive gameplan until the 4th quarter. Keep Ole Miss from hitting a home run, and you will have a chance at beating them regardless of your team's talent level. Keep everything in front of you. How many times have you ever seen OM drive the length of the field and punch it in from the 5 or 10 yard line? Now, how many times have you seen them stall inside the opponents 30? A bunch. Don't give up the big play, and use that compact field to your advantage if they do make it inside your 30. They don't play well without space, because they can't run the ball.

fishwater99
09-03-2014, 10:13 AM
T Logan Russell and Chip Matthews sure are talking the Bears up on facebook...

EAVdog
09-03-2014, 10:34 AM
They live for the Offseason, period. Come crootin' season it'll be covered up as usual.

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2014, 10:51 AM
You must have missed the BearShark that tried to start a racial topic on the board last night. Please tell me one of you mods banned dogschomp.

Coach34
09-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Dog chomp also wrote a long post talking about how Ole Missus really looked good Thursday night also. He say it was "objective"

defiantdog
09-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Having depth is more important than having stars.