PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Jones back to WR...

engie
09-02-2014, 10:36 PM
off of his 1 game suspension. Was long expected to be one of OM's starting corners with the highest upside sans Tee(and maybe the fr Webster). Had great games against LSU and aTm last year. Interesting.

Personally, I wanted us to take him as a WR when he was practically begging for one in 2013. The story was that his 40 time did him in in Mullen's eyes. Be interesting to see with him going forward if this is a matter of unrest or him being exposed -- because they are now ridiculously razor thin at corner...

SDDawg
09-02-2014, 10:46 PM
they are now ridiculously razor thin at corner...

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Cheering-In-Django-Unchained-Gif.gif

Bully Dee Williams
09-02-2014, 10:56 PM
I remember Jones getting owned a few times by Bear during the 4th quarter of the Egg Bowl last year.

This seems like something you sort out way before the season.

messageboardsuperhero
09-02-2014, 11:04 PM
I find this very funny, considering before the season there were several UM fans legitimately trying to tell me Jones was better than any corner on our roster.

To me, this must mean they're pretty high on that freshman from out of state.

engie
09-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Webster is already #2 on the other side. This doesn't effect him unless he's jumping Hilton or Golson. May get him in on every nickel situation...

The 4th guy, Cliff Coleman, is a DRASTIC leap behind the top 3 in talent level...

thf24
09-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Pretty bizarre, but then again that seems to be the standard for news coming out of Oxford these days. To me this reeks of typical OM window dressing, but I can't even begin to speculate on the reason behind it.

SDDawg
09-02-2014, 11:31 PM
I vote for moving Mathers to the OL, at least he's in shape. ****

SheltonChoked
09-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Sounds like 5 verticals is the only pattern for the first quarter of the Egg Bowl.

msstate7
09-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Sounds like 5 verticals is the only pattern for the first quarter of the Egg Bowl.

You actually think they'll be able to block us that long?

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2014, 06:35 AM

Some good old backyard football. You spend 5 minutes diagramming the perfect play with a stick in the ground but as soon as the play starts everybody goes deep.

SheltonChoked
09-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Whoosh.

AlSwearengen
09-03-2014, 07:24 AM
sounds like another possible malcontent that didn't want to play corner.

thf24
09-03-2014, 07:43 AM
sounds like another possible malcontent that didn't want to play corner.

If so, it doesn't bode well for them on several fronts that a guy who wasn't even very highly recruited has enough goods on them to demand and receive a position change.

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2014, 07:47 AM
I think some of bears are starting to come out of hibernation on this staff:

"Will Coach Hugh Freeze and this staff make their damn minds up??! I understand a guy here and there but they've switched more guys around than any staff I can remember. We're gonna try this 5 star defensive end at TE cause we are thin and the light hasn't come on yet. Oh wait, nevermind, that's stupid as ****. Let's put him back at DE where he naturally belongs."

He just admitted that although they get highly ranked classes they are not recruiting very well. They are looking at stars instead of needs and the intangibles that make a kid a good D1 player like work ethic and self drive. If this season goes like I think it is going to go for them, then the city of Oxford will need to be placed on suicide watch.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-03-2014, 07:47 AM
I find this very funny, considering before the season there were several UM fans legitimately trying to tell me Jones was better than any corner on our roster.

I believe a certain nurse said he was nfl material along with first rounders robert, tunsil, connor and a fresh from meridian who had never played college football (CJ Hampton). Hell, maybe nurse said jones was a first rounder too. Cant remember.

It is odd to be moving someone the second week of the season. Something is going on there.

Coach34
09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Victory Murse to the rescue!!!!!!

Bubb Rubb
09-03-2014, 08:32 AM
It is odd to me how often you see position changes up on the plantation. You don't see that out of other programs (not this often, anyway). It reeks of "throwing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks."

maroonmania
09-03-2014, 09:17 AM

Not surprising, per Freeze Liggins is an NFL quality OL but apparently he isn't needed on their OL.

mic
09-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Like I said before the year started and Even before Tee went down they not only have
Depth issues at OL but CB and WR.. And after watching the game against Boise depth issues at LB as well.. They run a 4/2/5 only play 2 LB And yes I know mr overrated was suspended and Bryant got ejected. But when a walk on true Frosh is playing half the game you have depth issues..

Bully Dee Williams
09-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Guys, obviously Jones is moving back to WR because Kailo is tearing it up in practice at CB.*****

mic
09-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Guys, obviously Jones is moving back to WR because Kailo is tearing it up in practice at CB.*****

+1

PMDawg
09-03-2014, 11:34 AM

Then just imagine how good of a WR he will be!!!!!********