PDA

View Full Version : Freeze made a fool of himself in his presser...

CadaverDawg
09-02-2014, 07:01 PM
He started off saying, "glad to be 1-0, and to have beaten the team with the highest winning percentage of any program in the country over the last ____ years". Typical Hugh, manipulating stats. Boise sucks this year, and Chris Petersen is gone. So making that comment is about like photoshopping trophies into a picture or claiming you coached NFL players you didn't coach....oh wait....

And then he says, "as for Bo....maybe I'm not as hard on him as I used to be, but....hahaha...That first half, well....hahaha.....maybe I need to be harder on him". Seriously, Hugh? How many times are you going to call Wallace out? What a douche of a head coach. Never takes responsibility and is constantly bashing his players. He's a dick, plain and simple.

Bully Dee Williams
09-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah, he looked like a doofus. I love Chiz on SEC Now commenting on Bo's inability to read defenses. If Bo is still that ignorant about reading coverage against Boise's slower and undersized DBs, the SEC is going to light him up with the speed and ability to run complex defenses.

Also, can someone other than us point out that OM got 90% of the yards and points off of about 5 plays. Can't live and die off big plays alone in this conference.

Dawgcentral
09-02-2014, 07:13 PM
I still think Freeze is best described as " Ten Pounds of bullshit stuffed into a five pound sack". Not sure why so many can't see through it.

I'd call him a used car salesman, but I actually like, and have more respect for some used car salesmen that I've known. Maybe a better comparison would be one that lines him up next to some campaign workers who are in it for a position in an administration after continued failure in the private sector.

Coach34
09-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Boise lost 3 of 4 starters on their DL- and still held Ole Missus to 71 yards rushing...they also lost 3 of 5 offensive linemen- and still got 400

Schultzy
09-02-2014, 07:24 PM
It comes across like he was trying to convince the sheep that it was a great accomplishment to win that game. Sounds closer to desperate than confidence to me.

I still think they are an average team.

Pollodawg
09-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Instead of laughing, I would be way more concerned about the fact that my three year starter QB still looks awful out there.

TrapGame
09-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Freeze better get used to being uncomfortable in his press conferences this year. It's just gonna get worse from here.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I find myself doing a lot of this when listening to the Rev. speak about his team....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc317ybUMw1qlmu8mo1_500.gif

MarketingBully01
09-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Boise lost 3 of 4 starters on their DL- and still held Ole Missus to 71 yards rushing...they also lost 3 of 5 offensive linemen- and still got 400

And this was with one of the worst QBs I have seen in the past five years (Boise's QB). That guy was just plain bad. If Boise had just an average QB, they would have beaten Ole Miss.

chef dixon
09-02-2014, 07:36 PM
What's concerning if I'm Freeze is not necessarily Bo Wallace, but the fact that there is even more uncertainty deeper in the depth chart at QB. All things I have read or heard from Rebel sources have indicated to me that no one is really excited about Kincade/Buchanan/Doss stepping in anytime soon.

They can have a pretty good season with Bo, although he will do plenty of stupid things, but they are in danger of wasting all the momentum generated the last couple of years by not taking care of the most important position. I think it comes down to Freeze's ability to develop that position considering Bo hasn't really improved and the other QB's were rated as solid prospects.

SDDawg
09-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Buckyfreezus is going to suffer this year. He will reap what he has sowed, a bitter and miserable fan base that got by on red meat (recruiting = big wins) for the last few years is going to turn when the portions are small (2015 class) and the meat is rotting (5 - 7 wins is their likely outcome). Got my popcorn ready!

IMissJack
09-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I fully realize that OM could beat us in Oxford this year, however while we are playing what if, what if they do say win 6 or 7 and we beat them badly...how hot would the coaching seat be for Hugh?

SDDawg
09-02-2014, 08:33 PM
I fully realize that OM could beat us in Oxford this year, however while we are playing what if, what if they do say win 6 or 7 and we beat them badly...how hot would the coaching seat be for Hugh?

I'll bite. :)

The answer is WHITE HOT. If he doesn't win more than 7 games, he'll be looked at as a huge failure. Colossal. This is their year, it only gets worse from here on offense for a couple of years and these highly touted defenders will be gone in another 16 months. Sure, they could pick up a "pay to play" QB on a transfer but that's no guarantee for next season. I think Hugh will be fired if he does not win more than 6 games this year, 7 is on the bubble, he's safe at 8. I think the best outcome for us is he wins 7 and gets to stick around for a couple of years as they slide back into the 4 - 5 win range. 8 out of 9 Egg Bowls sounds pretty good to me.

FlabLoser
09-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I'll bite. :)

The answer is WHITE HOT. If he doesn't win more than 7 games, he'll be looked at as a huge failure. Colossal.

You misspelled 9.

This is the most talented Ole Miss team in my lifetime. Stars everywhere. They are jacked. Bo is a more complete QB than Dak, who gets talked bout for the Heisman. They have the best DL in the nation. And numerous NFL draft picks. Just imagine how high they'll be ranked after they beat a team better than Boise.

They will compete for the west. Ought to win 10. If they win 9 or less, its miserable failure.

JDog13
09-02-2014, 08:40 PM
I know he thanked sb nation for their class when they shot down the bird finger pic. Why didn't they shoot down the bcs trophy pics or the coaches twitter avi's?

TrapGame
09-02-2014, 08:41 PM

Surface of the sun. Jim Cantori would be in oxford talking about the unnatural heat wave in November.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I know he thanked sb nation for their class when they shot down the bird finger pic.

Did he really, lol?

Harrydawg
09-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Hugh is really becoming the mirror image of his people.......self righteous, prick.

Perfect match, next few years will be fun to watch as it continues to fall apart.

Todd4State
09-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Yeah, well we just beat a team that has more C-USA Championships than any other team in their league history. And no I didn't make that up.

Todd4State
09-02-2014, 09:09 PM

I think he has at least three years because they think they are going to have a good class in 2016. And yes, that's ridiculous. But it's pretty much what they did in 2011 by keeping Nutt AND Tyrone Nix.

Reason2succeed
09-02-2014, 09:09 PM
And this was with one of the worst QBs I have seen in the past five years (Boise's QB). That guy was just plain bad. If Boise had just an average QB, they would have beaten Ole Miss.

ULaLa and Terrence Broadway are gonna do them in. Hudspeth may not win but he will at least do enough to turn the fan base against Bucky.

Todd4State
09-02-2014, 09:11 PM
What's concerning if I'm Freeze is not necessarily Bo Wallace, but the fact that there is even more uncertainty deeper in the depth chart at QB. All things I have read or heard from Rebel sources have indicated to me that no one is really excited about Kincade/Buchanan/Doss stepping in anytime soon.

They can have a pretty good season with Bo, although he will do plenty of stupid things, but they are in danger of wasting all the momentum generated the last couple of years by not taking care of the most important position. I think it comes down to Freeze's ability to develop that position considering Bo hasn't really improved and the other QB's were rated as solid prospects.

Honestly- I wouldn't be surprised if Buchanan is the best of the three. I still think that they are going to go the free agent route for a QB and if they don't, I bet they'll give Liggins or Alford a shot before Buchanan.

Todd4State
09-02-2014, 09:13 PM
ULaLa and Terrence Broadway are gonna do them in. Hudspeth may not win but he will at least do enough to turn the fan base against Bucky.

Nah. Freeze will talk about how many Sun Belt Championships ULL has won and then throw Bo under the bus.

Bully Dee Williams
09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
IF they beat Vandy, Freeze's is going to get up and say, "feels good to be at 2-0 after a tough win against a conference foe that's been to 3 straight bowl games." Knowing that this Vandy team is NOT James Franklin's Vandy team.

At least after this week the bears can claim they are tied for first place in the SEC west.

IMissJack
09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
I look for them to destroy Vandy (they looked terrible), and then all will be right for them, on the surface.

SDDawg
09-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Can you think of a coach that was fired the day after National Signing Day? That could be Hugh in February 2016...

Mjoelner34
09-02-2014, 09:51 PM
I'd call him a used car salesman, but I actually like, and have more respect for some used car salesmen that I've known. Maybe a better comparison would be one that lines him up next to some campaign workers who are in it for a position in an administration after continued failure in the private sector.

Actually, gold-toothed Bible salesman fits him pretty well.

Dawgfan77
09-03-2014, 05:50 AM
I look for them to destroy Vandy (they looked terrible), and then all will be right for them, on the surface.

I'm not saying vandy will win but they did have 7, seven turn overs. That's unheard of. They only gave up about 380 yds to temple. I expect OM to come in over confidant and vandy to play a lot better. This has 24-17 feel to it

Dawgface
09-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Hugh is really becoming the mirror image of his people.......self righteous, prick.

Perfect match, next few years will be fun to watch as it continues to fall apart.

This sums Freeze up perfectly.

Johnson85
09-03-2014, 09:09 AM
He started off saying, "glad to be 1-0, and to have beaten the team with the highest winning percentage of any program in the country over the last ____ years". Typical Hugh, manipulating stats. Boise sucks this year, and Chris Petersen is gone. So making that comment is about like photoshopping trophies into a picture or claiming you coached NFL players you didn't coach....oh wait....

And then he says, "as for Bo....maybe I'm not as hard on him as I used to be, but....hahaha...That first half, well....hahaha.....maybe I need to be harder on him". Seriously, Hugh? How many times are you going to call Wallace out? What a douche of a head coach. Never takes responsibility and is constantly bashing his players. He's a dick, plain and simple.

I don't know if I've ever seen a coach that dislikes his QB as much as Freeze dislikes Wallace. Spurrier is the only coach I can think of that comes close. I can at least understand Spurrier though, as he was moving from a guy who won a heisman without high end talent to guys with high end talent that couldn't perform to the same level. But something about Wallace clearly just gets under Freeze's skin. He can't wait to criticize him publicly. I know it's probably frustating as 17 coaching Wallace and he kind of gets on my nerves just by the way he looks and the way he whines, but you'd think if Freeze hated Walalce that much he could have found a replacement for him by now.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I don't know if I've ever seen a coach that dislikes his QB as much as Freeze dislikes Wallace. Spurrier is the only coach I can think of that comes close. I can at least understand Spurrier though, as he was moving from a guy who won a heisman without high end talent to guys with high end talent that couldn't perform to the same level. But something about Wallace clearly just gets under Freeze's skin. He can't wait to criticize him publicly. I know it's probably frustating as 17 coaching Wallace and he kind of gets on my nerves just by the way he looks and the way he whines, but you'd think if Freeze hated Walalce that much he could have found a replacement for him by now.

It probably doesn't help that Mullen has a QB that falls more into that Tebow mold. Good, Christian, down to Earth guy that has overcome adversity and has that IT factor....versus a cocky, douchebag, with bad character and a foul mouth (per the Haiti video). Freeze tries to act like a disciple, yet his QB discredits all of it. And Freeze has No better option, so he's forced to play Wallace and everything he stands for. It is quite comical if you really look at the irony.

RougeDawg
09-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I find myself doing a lot of this when listening to the Rev. speak about his team....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc317ybUMw1qlmu8mo1_500.gif

This shit is hilarious....

To Bucky's defense, he can't help that he makes a fool of himself just by the showing his face daily. When he opens his mouth visually and verbally it leaves no doubt how goofy the man is.

BulldogBear
09-03-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm gonna go with him being there next year barring a collapse to 4-8 and probably still then. Remember he can still do the thing where you execute...er, fire... all the assistants and blame it on them. That buys another year in most cases.

Now as far his seat. I think it's hot as hellfire if one of two things occurs:

1) lose to us in Oxford. Records won't matter

2) beat us but end up in a lesser bowl and with lesser record

It will also be warm and toast if they don't win 9 just from sheer entitled douchebaggery. This is supposed to be their year.

ETA: My opinions about Bearshark nation are based on a simple line of reasoning. I know and interact with a ton of them and a huge (I mean colossal) part of their feelings of "self-worth" as a fanbase consciousness is the inate belief that they are superior to MSU in all aspects of life and it's "just because they are." They. Are. Ole. Miss.
----being perceived as second to us in anything rocks their world in a way you and I cannot understand.

messageboardsuperhero
09-03-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm gonna go with him being there next year barring a collapse to 4-8 and probably still then. Remember he can still do the thing where you execute...er, fire... all the assistants and blame it on them. That buys another year in most cases.

Now as far his seat. I think it's hot as hellfire if one of two things occurs:

1) lose to us in Oxford. Records won't matter

2) beat us but end up in a lesser bowl and with lesser record

It will also be warm and toast if they don't win 9 just from sheer entitled douchebaggery. This is supposed to be their year.

ETA: My opinions about Bearshark nation are based on a simple line of reasoning. I know and interact with a ton of them and a huge (I mean colossal) part of their feelings of "self-worth" as a fanbase consciousness is the inate belief that they are superior to MSU in all aspects of life and it's "just because they are." They. Are. Ole. Miss.
----being perceived as second to us in anything rocks their world in a way you and I cannot understand.

Living in Oxford, I can vouch for this.

Now, they'd never admit it (and will probably publicly make fun of what you said in bold)- but deep down it is true. The mere thought of someone perceiving (key word is "perceiving") MSU as being superior to UM in ANYTHING from academics, to athletics, to tiddlywinks is devastating and appalling to most UM people- especially to the older ones who are still alive and remember their glory years.

ScoobaDawg
09-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Bucky is a jackass and deserves all hate thrown his way for being a douche.

But do remember how STUPID Bo Dirt is... He was with Freeze at Ark St and left to Scooba because of Freeze being a jackass. Then he gives him another chance????

RougeDawg
09-03-2014, 12:17 PM
IF they beat Vandy, Freeze's is going to get up and say, "feels good to be at 2-0 after a tough win against a conference foe that's been to 3 straight bowl games." Knowing that this Vandy team is NOT James Franklin's Vandy team.

At least after this week the bears can claim they are tied for first place in the SEC west.

Who's to say that Vandy won't beat them this Saturday. Vandy has more talent than Boise and always plays OM tough. If they can limit the turnovers, they should have enough talent to keep them in the game. I would expect Vandy to put up 100+ yards rushing against that defense.Vandy is larger on both sides of the line than boise, and has some grown ass men at LB compared to Boise. At this point I would not completely write off the Dores this weekend, after watching OM struggle with a putrid Boise squad.

SDDawg
09-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Who's to say that Vandy won't beat them this Saturday. Vandy has more talent than Boise and always plays OM tough. If they can limit the turnovers, they should have enough talent to keep them in the game. I would expect Vandy to put up 100+ yards rushing against that defense.Vandy is larger on both sides of the line than boise, and has some grown ass men at LB compared to Boise. At this point I would not completely write off the Dores this weekend, after watching OM struggle with a putrid Boise squad.

Ole Miss can't be beaten. Five star recruits in all phases of the game, a Heisman candidate quarterback leading the charge, and the top defenders in the league. Couple that with a highly successful coach and innovative system and they just CANNOT BE BEATEN!!!!!! (did I do that right?!)

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Bucky is a jackass and deserves all hate thrown his way for being a douche.

But do remember how STUPID Bo Dirt is... He was with Freeze at Ark St and left to Scooba because of Freeze being a jackass. Then he gives him another chance????

Indeed. Bo Dirt would rather play for a guy he hates just to be an SEC starting QB than go to a slightly lesser situation and start for a coach he'd actually like. Or be a backup SEC QB, for that matter. He's a little limited physically, but he'd be an awesome QB2 in this league.

SDDawg
09-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Indeed. Bo Dirt would rather play for a guy he hates just to be an SEC starting QB than go to a slightly lesser situation and start for a coach he'd actually like. Or be a backup SEC QB, for that matter. He's a little limited physically, but he'd be an awesome QB2 in this league.

Bo Dirt gonna Bo Dirt. Throw in some frat fights and thrown beer cans/bottles and you pretty much captured the whole story.