PDA

View Full Version : Myself & Christian Byrd of Rebel Sports Radio

BeastMan
09-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Did an an SEC Q&A. I asked him 10 questions and he asked me 10 questions. There's some good stuff in there. You'll love one of his answers SEC Q & A with Cristian Byrd of Rebel Sports Radio http://3rdand57.com/10-questions-with-christian-byrd/

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Good article.

I still think Ole Miss fans are a little optimistic about their defense, but I kinda of understand it because it is an athletic defense and I think there has been realization that they have to believe their defense is elite in order to have hope that they can compete this season. However, they only had 2 and outs against Boise and gave up 400 yards. I think they have an athletic, "playmaking" defense, that is over aggressive at times & has some holes. All they want to talk about is how "hard hitting" their defense is, and, while that may be true, that doesn't mean your defense is effective or fundamentally and schematically sound. While it think it's a good defense, it is not elite, and their offense will, at the very least, have to find a way to score in the 20s in big SEC games to have a chance to win.

That being said, Vandy is awful and they should role this weekend.

FlabLoser
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Good post, Beast.

Fans too put too much into week 1. What they put into week 1 is exceed only by what they put into preseason polls.

Week 2 is a much better tell. Well, depending on who the opponent is. Lot of schools will be playing Southwestern Southern State.

BeastMan
09-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks gents. Surprised no one has noticed what Christian said about MSU's front 7...