PDA

View Full Version : SEC Network alternate channel...

Dawg61
09-02-2014, 08:59 AM
does anyone know what channel number (HD too) the SEC Alternate channel is for Comcast? There's 3 SEC games schedule to play on this channel this Saturday. This is going to be a potential big issue if this 2nd SEC channel isn't being offered right now.

chef dixon
09-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Its listing the alternate channel numbers on the bottom ticker for DISH, U-verse, and direcTV, but of course comcast hasn't seemed to join the party. What a complete joke of a company.

Dawg61
09-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Its listing the alternate channel numbers on the bottom ticker for DISH, U-verse, and direcTV, but of course comcast hasn't seemed to join the party. What a complete joke of a company.

Seriously for being such a giant Comcast can be the biggest fu@ktards sometimes

Jack Lambert
09-03-2014, 03:35 PM
ONe is in the 400's but no higher then 420 and one is in the 1700's and no higher then 1710. Not sure of the third but I would bet it is in the 300's.

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Don't sing the praises of DTV yet. I'm not sure they have it all figured out.

chef dixon
09-03-2014, 03:40 PM
708 and 709 are listed as SEC network alternate on comcast actually. If you fast forward to saturday it says 708 is playing football games. It better be some damn high definition, and I know for a fact that shit did not exist this past Saturday.

Dawg61
09-03-2014, 03:44 PM
708 and 709 are listed as SEC network alternate on comcast actually. If you fast forward to saturday it says 708 is playing football games. It better be some damn high definition, and I know for a fact that shit did not exist this past Saturday.

Those are not HD channels and if they are not listed on the guide my remote will skip right past them. DoucheCast is going to try and go this season without an HD alternate channel I can already tell. I bought the MLB package from them this year and every game/channel was/is in standard definition which looks worse than normal on an HD TV. Cheap fu@ks

dawgindothan
09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I have Comcast. I get 2 SEC Network channels in HD and 1 in SD. Last Sat after our game started and they switched back to show the end of the Ark-AU game, all 3 channels were showing their game. Unbelievable. What's the point of having multiple channels if they're all going to show the same shit? Not sure if it was a SEC Network issue or a Comcast issue.

Percho
09-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Presently in Memphis Southaven Xfinity shows 866 and alternates 867 and 868

yjnkdawg
09-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Don't sing the praises of DTV yet. I'm not sure they have it all figured out.

Me either, starkvegasdawg. From the limited information I have been able to receive, it appears that it will be Friday or maybe just before game time, before some providers will make the alternate channels available. Just doing a google search, (alternate sec network channels) there seems to be a lot of people upset with Directv and Comcast.

nsvltndog
09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Can't be as bad as we have it on Verizon FIOS in Virginia as they only offer SEC Network in SD unless you live in TX or FL. I'm thinking I may have to put one of those big ass pre-cable TV antennas on the roof to get the alternate channel if they even offer it. I'm amazed that a fiber to the home service can be this terrible towards SEC Network when we get the Longhorn Network in HD. I'm pretty sure Big 10 Network is in HD too, but I've never actually clicked on a channel to verify.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Seriously for being such a giant Comcast can be the biggest fu@ktards sometimes

Call them. Tell them to tell you where the **** the alternate channels are, and that if you don't get $20 per month taken off your bill, you're switching to UVerse or DirecTV. Boom! You get the channels AND your boy just saved you $240 a year.

Dawg61
09-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Call them. Tell them to tell you where the **** the alternate channels are, and that if you don't get $20 per month taken off your bill, you're switching to UVerse or DirecTV. Boom! You get the channels AND your boy just saved you $240 a year.

Ha talking to Comcast on the phone is like talking to a banana for two hours. Might have to suck it up and call them though.

Martianlander
09-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Comcast in Tupelo list them in the 760's. Believe it was 767 and 768. Looked for it on the guide last night. Both channels only have the team logos, so as someone else said, they must only be actually on when they have a game to show.

Correction 746 and 747-just looked at home.

Dawg61
09-06-2014, 02:08 AM
TV Guide finally lists SECN2 for Comcast, it's 1739 in HD