PDA

View Full Version : Louisville

msstate7
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
I gotta feeling petrino is gonna win big there. I'm so glad he left the sec. As much as I can't stand petrino as a person, I respect his coaching ability just as much

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 09:05 PM
agree completely .. one of the top 5 coaches in the country.

engie
09-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Their ceiling has already been reached by Strong. Let's not forget they won the Sugar 2 years ago. Not going to get 2 into the New Year's 6 all that often in the ACC...

Not impressive at all tonight -- especially when they've been running their mouth about how overrated the SEC is. UK is mopping the floor with them in recruiting too(not that Petrino needs elite classes to win big, but I view it alot like MSU and OM in that they rarely both have enough talent to be successful at a really high level)... The will be good in the ACC for sure -- but I don't view them as a threat in the same way as Clemson and FSU. Maybe similar to UNC/Va Tech(right now)...

FlabLoser
09-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Not real good this season. But Petrina will get them going eventually. Not saying they'll win a natty, but they'll be good.

Goat Holder
09-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Their ceiling has already been reached by Strong. Let's not forget they won the Sugar 2 years ago. Not going to get 2 into the New Year's 6 all that often in the ACC...

Inaccurate. BP is a notch above Strong. He had them 1 game away from the ship game in 2006. Will he do it in the ACC? Likely no, but Strong wouldn't have gone 11-2 in the ACC either. More like 8-4 at best. BP will get them around 10 wins, similar to Arkansas.

engie
09-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Inaccurate. BP is a notch above Strong. He had them 1 game away from the ship game in 2006. Will he do it in the ACC? Likely no, but Strong wouldn't have gone 11-2 in the ACC either. More like 8-4 at best. BP will get them around 10 wins, similar to Arkansas.

Uhhh -- Strong won the Sugar Bowl and followed it with 12-1. You are telling me Petrino is going to do and be better than that? That's not possible without making the playoffs, which you followed the very next sentence saying was unlikely.

You talked out of both sides of your mouth in about 5 sentences -- which, I guess, is just a typical goat post.

Martianlander
09-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Petrino won't be there very long. Interesting interview with the AD about how Petrino had reformed. He'll bail out at the first opportunity, but maybe Louisville is getting what they want in the meantime.

Goat Holder
09-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Uhhh -- Strong won the Sugar Bowl and followed it with 12-1. You are telling me Petrino is going to do and be better than that? That's not possible without making the playoffs, which you followed the very next sentence saying was unlikely.

You talked out of both sides of your mouth in about 5 sentences -- which, I guess, is just a typical goat post.

UL's sked was among the easiest in the country the past few years. Now they are in a Power 5 conference.

Come on, engine. Get it together.

NCDawg
09-02-2014, 11:21 AM
If the Arkansas coach keeps losing, Petrino may retrace his steps and end up back at Arkansas again.

msstate7
09-02-2014, 11:23 AM
If the Arkansas coach keeps losing, Petrino may retrace his steps and end up back at Arkansas again.

Not sure id do that if I was him. Louisville is in the acc so if they're undefeated, they'll get in the playoff. Gotta be an easier path there

Pollodawg
09-02-2014, 11:54 AM

Petrino left Louisville. He was canned at Arkansas. Big difference there.

Goat Holder
09-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Petrino won't be there very long. Interesting interview with the AD about how Petrino had reformed. He'll bail out at the first opportunity, but maybe Louisville is getting what they want in the meantime.

I think Florida should hire him after this year. Can't think of a more perfect fit. He'd dominate down there.

msstate7
09-02-2014, 01:02 PM
I think Florida should hire him after this year. Can't think of a more perfect fit. He'd dominate down there.

I think Florida bounces back this season, but if not, I agree. Florida's name recruits which is important bc petrino doesn't. He'd instantly make Florida the heavyweight in the east IMO