PDA

View Full Version : Finebaum say UAB

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
played well last weekend, so it will be interesting to see if they can keep it close with Mississippi State for a few quarters. He didn't act like we had any chance of losing, but said it may be an interesting game for a half. We need to come out and stomp ass, because their aren't many big SEC games this week, so people will be watching.

Smitty
09-01-2014, 05:50 PM
I expect a beatdown similar to this past Saturday. Going into the LSU game up 147-0 or so on the year would be awesome. Just curbstomp everyone in our path.

Treemydawg
09-01-2014, 05:53 PM
It doesn't matter. (1-b) team deserves snaps for getting their ass kicked in practice and will come in on the third drive and stall all momentum that we have at the time.

UMCDawg16
09-01-2014, 05:54 PM
It doesn't matter. (1-b) team deserves snaps for getting their ass kicked in practice and will come in on the third drive and stall all momentum that we have at the time.

I think you may (are) on the wrong board, buddy.

DudyDawg
09-01-2014, 05:56 PM
We had some great momentum after not scoring from the four. And were you at practice? How do you know they "got their ass kicked"

TheRef
09-01-2014, 05:57 PM

You're toeing that line, Tree.

http://media.tumblr.com/9b199331f6c752da5dc7b579fb957ca1/tumblr_inline_mktnog0Isd1ruxlyh.gif

pdawg10msu
09-01-2014, 05:58 PM
You're ruining this board for everyone. You either a troll or an a**hole. Probably just both.

Treemydawg
09-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Don't think I'm on the wrong board, just pissed about stupid coaching decisions. I will take the rest of the week to cool off and see what Saturday holds for us.

msstate7
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
I expect a beatdown similar to this past Saturday. Going into the LSU game up 147-0 or so on the year would be awesome. Just curbstomp everyone in our path.

While I'd love this, I think we need a close game or one close enough to play starters 4 quarters.

Coach34
Whether you agree with it or not- it wasn't "stupid". Mullen rewarded his team.

TaleofTwoDogs
Don't think I'm on the wrong board, just pissed about stupid coaching decisions. I will take the rest of the week to cool off and see what Saturday holds for us.

Hell, I thought your original post was funny. Sure a lot of tight asses on the board today.

defiantdog
09-01-2014, 06:20 PM
We'll probably see the same scheme from last week. Now our defense will have their first test (somewhat) at a run happy team. Should be a big game for the defensive front. Preston may get another player of the week nod.

hailmari
09-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Anybody know if UAB's run game is anything similar to the types Auburn or Arkansas run? I'm aware the talent level is no comparison, but ya know...practice game.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2014, 06:30 PM
You're toeing that line, Tree.

http://media.tumblr.com/9b199331f6c752da5dc7b579fb957ca1/tumblr_inline_mktnog0Isd1ruxlyh.gif

That IP address looks familiar... He is being watched.

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 06:31 PM

You're right. That could have come back to haunt us.********

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 06:35 PM
played well last weekend, so it will be interesting to see if they can keep it close with Mississippi State for a few quarters. He didn't act like we had any chance of losing, but said it may be an interesting game for a half. We need to come out and stomp ass, because their aren't many big SEC games this week, so people will be watching.

I think UAB is trying to follow South Alabama's model. Their coach, Bill Clark, was a high school guy that won a couple of state titles over there before joining the college ranks and had some success at Jacksonville State. Similar resume to Joey Jones- who most college football "experts" think will take South Alabama to a bowl game if they don't win the Sun Belt.

Not a bad idea on their part if you ask me. Alabama keeps trying to recruit national- which should leave them some pretty good players in Birmingham.

Treemydawg
09-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Watch all you want scooba.

defiantdog
09-01-2014, 06:42 PM
That IP address looks familiar... He is being watched.

Can't you run a search on all members and / or posts that have used the IP address under the moderation tools (moderatorCP)?

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Anybody know if UAB's run game is anything similar to the types Auburn or Arkansas run? I'm aware the talent level is no comparison, but ya know...practice game.

I'm going off of a highlight video here, so bear with me. Their run game looks more like ours. So, I would say Auburn. I don't know if they do HUNH. They're definitely some sort of spread option.

One thing to remember about UAB last week- Troy was sort of a rivalry game for them. Their coach made that game a priority and they were out for blood. It seems like he is following the Dan Mullen model of in state domination- minus Alabama and Auburn of course. I think he's going after Troy and South Alabama and trying to get the players that they have been getting.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if they are better than USM.

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 08:35 PM
South Alabama will be our stiffest non-conf test. If you guys are looking at them to be another southern miss type game you are gonna be disappointed.

dawgs
09-01-2014, 10:20 PM
While I'd love this, I think we need a close game or one close enough to play starters 4 quarters.

We DO NOT need a close game against uab or south Alabama. If we have a close game against those teams, we aren't as good as we hope we are. If we wanted a tough non-conference game, we should have scheduled one.

msstate7
09-01-2014, 10:36 PM
We DO NOT need a close game against uab or south Alabama. If we have a close game against those teams, we aren't as good as we hope we are. If we wanted a tough non-conference game, we should have scheduled one.

I guess you're right, but I'd hate for our starters to be playing 60 mins for the first time in tiger stadium. Maybe we should keep our foot on the gas these next 2 games regardless of score

dawgs
09-01-2014, 10:48 PM
I guess you're right, but I'd hate for our starters to be playing 60 mins for the first time in tiger stadium. Maybe we should keep our foot on the gas these next 2 games regardless of score

Meh, I understand what you're saying but there's plenty of teams that blowout all but 1-2 teams and rarely play their starters all 4 quarters that have won and played for titles.