PDA

View Full Version : Andre Ware on Finebaum talking up the Dawgs...

IMissJack
09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Said he was very impressed with the "TEAM" focus at MSU. Said that even though LSU is at BR, LSU will get all they can handle from MSU. Finebaum also said he was impressed with what he saw.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Said he was very impressed with the "TEAM" focus at MSU. Said that even though LSU is at BR, LSU will get all they can handle from MSU. Finebaum also said he was impressed with what he saw.

Saw that. Ware said that most programs in the country have at least a few guys that are more worried about themselves than the team, but MSU does not have that. He said "quite the opposite, actually". He said MSU seems to be all together and pulling in the same direction, and nobody is worried about their own playing time but rather how they can help the team.

THAT is MSU.

Covercorner2
09-01-2014, 05:10 PM
The SECNetwork is announcing weekly individual awards at 6 CT. I look for Preston Smith to be SEC DL of the week....

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 05:12 PM
The SECNetwork is announcing weekly individual awards at 6 CT. I look for Preston Smith to be SEC DL of the week....

Don't be shocked if Lil Knem gets it instead. I'm only halfway kidding

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2014, 05:42 PM

That's why I'm not worried about red shirting most of an incoming class not hurting recruiting. It's a sign of a successful program when you don't have to play them. The recruits know this up front.

Jack Lambert
09-01-2014, 07:35 PM
That's why I'm not worried about red shirting most of an incoming class not hurting recruiting. It's a sign of a successful program when you don't have to play them. The recruits know this up front.

I agree with you for two reasons.

1. Builds the program debth.
2. I heard JWS say that it is a big gamble playing a true Freshman. If he falls on his face he can be broken for good.

However if they are good enough and might go pro after three put their butts on the field.

Pollodawg
09-01-2014, 08:10 PM

Well, that's a first.

archdog
09-01-2014, 09:18 PM
I agree with you for two reasons.

1. Builds the program debth.
2. I heard JWS say that it is a big gamble playing a true Freshman. If he falls on his face he can be broken for good.

However if they are good enough and might go pro after three put their butts on the field.

Case in point, everyone is really hard on Morrow. I know he redshirted, but his early drop and holding penalty has taken him a while to get past I see Morrows potential if he would just go out there and ball. I was glad to see him get some targets Sat. We need every skill position firing on all cylinders.

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Case in point, everyone is really hard on Morrow. I know he redshirted, but his early drop and holding penalty has taken him a while to get past I see Morrows potential if he would just go out there and ball. I was glad to see him get some targets Sat. We need every skill position firing on all cylinders.

MSU fans seem to have really LONG memories.

engie
09-01-2014, 09:42 PM
I view redshirting this whole class pretty good -- because it's going to allow us to play 5 or 6 trFR next year to go along with that redshirted class and essentially balance us out across all 5 classes pretty decently. As is, we've had 2 big ones followed by two small ones in general terms...

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2014, 10:19 PM

Uh, if you think people give Morrow hell because of one drop and one penalty, you might need to stop watching. Morrow's issues are MUCH deeper than two plays. It can be summed up as the classic coaching cliche "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."

Schultzy
09-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I think the interaction between high school seniors and college players in recruiting has helped them understand the physical differences between themselves and developed upperclassmen.

Weight training puts a big difference in a third year guy versus a true freshman. They know it's hard to compete for playing time as a true freshman anymore. I think most of them know they're gonna redshirt now.

Pollodawg
09-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Uh, if you think people give Morrow hell because of one drop and one penalty, you might need to stop watching. Morrow's issues are MUCH deeper than two plays. It can be summed up as the classic coaching cliche "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."
This. He isn't nearly as physical as someone his size should be. He and Bear are night and day.

Dawg61
09-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Morrow had 2 catches for 50 yards. He made an impact. Some of y'all need to get off his nuts a little. 2c

justwin
09-02-2014, 12:24 AM
I like Ware. He made several good observations and evaluations of Dak in Saturday's broadcast ~ all constructive but necessary in Dak's development if we're going to beat LSU.

I do hope that he's a candidate to replace Booger & Spears as a talking head on SEC Network. I'd like to hear Tebow, Ware, and maybe McElroy do a Saturday show recap on just highlights like what Tom Jackson and Berman do on Sunday evenings for the NFL on espn.

justwin
09-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Very true. Certain guys need alot of big play opportunities early to really maximize their ceiling so they can "ball" with confidence. Otherwise, they can fall into a lull like Morrow has. Morrow should've gotten several jump balls thrown to him his first several games for chances to score to get some tds under his belt. Kind of like Quay getting a bunch of reps in year 1 vs nonconf teams like we never gave him. Every year certain teams know how to acclimate freshman...I guarantee that LSU will keep giving Fournette carries despite a poor initial showing b/c to the potential ROI. Morrow's problem is confidence & no better way to build a young guy's confidence than having him score some tds. Dude looks the part....

MabenMaroon
09-02-2014, 03:30 AM
Morrow had 2 catches for 50 yards. He made an impact. Some of y'all need to get off his nuts a little. 2c

This +1

Johnson85
09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Morrow's problem is confidence & no better way to build a young guy's confidence than having him score some tds. Dude looks the part....

Morrow's problem is unrealistic expectations. He came in as a player that needed to be developed and he's been developing. Maybe he hasn't maximized his physical talents, but he's gotten better each year. And he hasn't quit and run to a smaller school where playing time would be easy to come by. The only reason people are down on Morrow is that they expected a 4* talent to be able to contribute early. But the way I see it, Morrow is now a redshirt junior and is good enough to get starting reps for most, if not all, MSU teams I have cheered for until the last two years, and not even standout as a huge weak link.

It looks like Wilson, and both Fred's might keep him from ever getting starter reps, but I hope he gets some targets and TD's before he leaves.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Morrow's problem is that he was the one light of hope when we a an otherwise very limited receiving core. My guess is that, if Morrow came to MSU right now with the receivers we currently have, he wouldn't have had to expectations put on him and we would thus like him much more.

blacklistedbully
09-02-2014, 10:51 AM
I like Ware. He made several good observations and evaluations of Dak in Saturday's broadcast ~ all constructive but necessary in Dak's development if we're going to beat LSU.

I do hope that he's a candidate to replace Booger & Spears as a talking head on SEC Network. I'd like to hear Tebow, Ware, and maybe McElroy do a Saturday show recap on just highlights like what Tom Jackson and Berman do on Sunday evenings for the NFL on espn.

Yeah, but Ware referred to us as, "Ole Miss" once during the telecast. That's a cardinal sin.

West Houston Dog
09-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Living here in Houston, got to follow him back in his playing days. Heck of a qb. I ran into him once in Galveston the year he won the Heisman ..went up and talked to him for a minute or two and he was a heck of a nice guy. Glad he has been successful in broadcasting....