PDA

View Full Version : Something i would like to mention..

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Dan, at halftime, was in a Great mood.... After watching film, a few players seem to be in really good moods which lets us realize Dan must have still been in good mood... Besides winning, here is why I think that is...

1) Our Defense looked outstanding while playing literally dozens of players
2) Our Defense looked outstanding while doing very little blitzing. We blitzed a few times but it was very simple stuff, nothing like we will see come SEC play. Geoff has said before that we have dozens of blitz packages we run.. We might have shown maybe 3 this week.
3)Our offense had 550 yards of Offense.. Dak threw for a lot of yards with 4 TD's and only 1 INT and we rushed the ball well all while playing tons of people not to mention we obviously told Dak to not run unless he absolutely HAD to and we never opened up the playbook. I mean really guys we blew them out and ran the zone read plays about 1/4 of what we will when we need to. If Dak had been "UNLEASHED" there is no telling what would have happened.

LiterallyPolice
09-01-2014, 04:08 PM
I noticed Dan's good mood as well. It was good to see that. I honestly think it's a combination of him a) actually getting more comfortable/confident as a head coach and b) he probably wants to be appear more likable than he has in the past. (I've always liked dan... I just don't think interviews were his strong point at times).

Being a head coach is many things, and let's not forget that Dan has had to learn on the job with no prior experience. I think he's doing a damn fine job, personally.

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2014, 04:14 PM
I noticed Dan's good mood as well. It was good to see that. I honestly think it's a combination of him a) actually getting more comfortable/confident as a head coach and b) he probably wants to be appear more likable than he has in the past. (I've always liked dan... I just don't think interviews were his strong point at times).

Being a head coach is many things, and let's not forget that Dan has had to learn on the job with no prior experience. I think he's doing a damn fine job, personally.

The shitter's full statement went a long way in that.