PDA

View Full Version : Beating Ole Miss

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 03:39 PM
After watching Ole Miss the last year or two, there's a few things I've noticed.

1) Make them drive for scores.

If you can avoid the home run ball and keep everything in front of you, you can stop the OM offense. The reason they suck in the redzone, is because when they don't have space, they don't have success. Keep them in front of you and don't give up scores of 20+ yards, and they will have trouble scoring.

2) They are over-aggressive on D

Their Defense tries to anticipate everything, so use it against them. Use screens and draws to slow down their d line....and use pump fakes and double moves to beat their DB's. Boise played right into their hands by throwing passes into the flats. They are slow developing, and easy to react to. Prewitt and Conner are great against the run and short pass, so make them cover one on one. That's where I feel like C34's DeRunnya comment makes a ton of sense. Matchup Prewitt or Conner one on one with DeRunnya, that will put one of their weak CB's covering Ross, and a LB covering Lewis. That puts us in the advantage with every matchup.

Just a few things I've noticed. #1 is the biggest thing though.

Goat Holder
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
After watching Ole Miss the last year or two, there's a few things I've noticed.

1) Make them drive for scores.

If you can avoid the home run ball and keep everything in front of you, you can stop the OM offense. The reason they suck in the redzone, is because when they don't have space, they don't have success. Keep them in front of you and don't give up scores of 20+ yards, and they will have trouble scoring.

This is a characteristic of many hurry-up spread-it-out teams. Ole Miss' issues are magnified because they can't run the ball.