PDA

View Full Version : Question for those at the game...

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 02:23 PM
I was unable to attend, but what was the new twist to the Pregame intro that we were hearing about last week? New music? New cheer? How was the coordination of the music? Did they kill the atmosphere after building everything up, or did it finally crescendo perfectly into the players running out of the tunnel? After they ran out, did they play good music to keep everyone pumped, or did they kill it with a commercial or "ring responsibly" ad?

Just curious as to whether we improved over last season. Did they keep the SNL skit?

TheRef
09-01-2014, 02:25 PM
They did SNL about third quarter. Good buildup to entrance. Live camera outside locker room. Kept momentum going until kickoff. I stayed hyped up.

DudyDawg
09-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I liked it all other than we ran out first. I like it better for the visitor to run out, boo, then the home team run out and keep cheering till kick off. Only thing I really noticed, so I guess that's a good sign of how the video/music went.

ShotgunDawg
09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
The changeup was Pyrotechnics. There were about 4-6 fire torches that the team ran out between. I thought it looked pretty good. Honestly though, it was too loud to hear the music. You could vaguely hear the beats but not the music. I thought the run out was well done.

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
As I said in Armchair QB, you couldn't hear the entrance music where I was sitting because of the crowd noise. There was a live cam outside the locker room that they spliced in with the entrance hype vid. The timing was pretty good in terms of building to the crescendo of our entrance, but it could still be improved a little. Overall, it was a dramatic improvement, I thought.

Joe Schmedlap
09-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Unrelated to the introduction, but I liked the enthusiasm shown all night by the presumed redshirts on the State sideline. They were fired up!

shoeless joe
09-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Only thing that killed atmosphere was when everything stopped so we could do the "maroon white" cheer. Timing still seemed to be a little off to me, but better than previous years. I think the crowd being pumped and loud kinda his that a bit. I do expect that to get better as the yr goes along.

godlluB
09-01-2014, 03:26 PM
I'll concur with most of what others said. The intro stuff was better, but still wasn't all it could be. It is true that you couldn't hear a lot of the intro music, but then accordions aren't usually very loud. **

I liked the fire boxes. The best part for me was at the end of the intro video. The video moves seamlessly from standard intro stuff to a live feed of the team walking out of the locker room. As the players got to the end of that inflatable tunnel thing, the first player (Jay Hughes, maybe?) looked up at the North endzone and his eyes got really big and he mouthed something to a player beside him. It was obvious that he was blown away by how cool everything looked. It was a great moment.

Beaver
09-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Everything was great until right before kickoff they played a commercial. Many of yall may have forgotten or not noticed because of all the adrenaline running through your veins...but in the upper-deck (where it's quieter and you can hear jumbotron much easier) the commercial really dampened the mood.

Beaver
09-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Only thing that killed atmosphere was when everything stopped so we could do the "maroon white" cheer. Timing still seemed to be a little off to me, but better than previous years. I think the crowd being pumped and loud kinda his that a bit. I do expect that to get better as the yr goes along.

I'm just glad this wasn't lead by the cheerleader on the field. Also, in the past they wait for the M&W cheer to dissipate and then everybody does the awkward ringing of your cowbell to signify the end of the cheer, and then they show the SNL bit. This year, they didn't let the cheer go too long, and they didn't let the crowd awkwardly fade before showing the next video -- which was a hype video--not the SNL bit. So there was improvement in that area.

Smitty
09-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Everything was great until right before kickoff they played a commercial. Many of yall may have forgotten or not noticed because of all the adrenaline running through your veins...but in the upper-deck (where it's quieter and you can hear jumbotron much easier) the commercial really dampened the mood.

+1 that was right as the teams were taking the field. Just like come on Scott...Really?

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I'll concur with most of what others said. The intro stuff was better, but still wasn't all it could be. It is true that you couldn't hear a lot of the intro music, but then accordions aren't usually very loud. **

I liked the fire boxes. The best part for me was at the end of the intro video. The video moves seamlessly from standard intro stuff to a live feed of the team walking out of the locker room. As the players got to the end of that inflatable tunnel thing, the first player (Jay Hughes, maybe?) looked up at the North endzone and his eyes got really big and he mouthed something to a player beside him. It was obvious that he was blown away by how cool everything looked. It was a great moment.

yea that was my favorite moment... That was Turtle holmes. with the wide eyes and dropped jaw.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 03:43 PM

That's awesome. Wish I could see video of it.

IMissJack
09-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I thought the "I Found My Place" video was great, first rate.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 03:48 PM
I thought the "I Found My Place" video was great, first rate.

What's that?

TheRef
09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
What's that?

The University commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugsvHXVDqg

godlluB
09-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks for posting that, Ref. IMO, that is the best piece of video ever put out by MSU. It hits me right in the feels.

Mjoelner34
09-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Only thing that killed atmosphere was when everything stopped so we could do the "maroon white" cheer.

^^^THIS^^^ The way the maroon/white cheer is done sounds so forced that it's embarrassing. I think its the use of the PA announcer or mic man to get it started that makes it that way. If they really insist on doing it, the cheerleaders or Bully should just hold up a colored card to one side, I think enough people would see it to get it started without having a booming voice from the speakers holding your hand. At least that was the only bad thing about the pre-game. Thank God the deadtime is gone between the band finishing and the team coming out.

Goat Holder
09-01-2014, 04:42 PM

^^^ THIS

The commercial was right before the M/W cheer. Very poor. Everything else was awesome. Live cam of the team really added to it.

Hypnodawg
09-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I was impressed with almost everything. The only thing that needs immediate attention is the volume of the vocals. I was sitting 40 yard line, visitors side and could barely make out what people were saying the songs/videos.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Unrelated to the introduction, but I liked the enthusiasm shown all night by the presumed redshirts on the State sideline. They were fired up!

That was the most fired up Student section I have seen in a while. I hope they keep it up. They gave USM hell when ever they were at that end exspecially during pre game warm ups. I feel sorry for Auburn when they come to town.,

DudyDawg
09-02-2014, 08:22 AM

Yeah, that's the redshirts and injuries. They call themselves the Juice Boys if you want something to refer to them as

Hypnodawg
09-02-2014, 08:24 AM
Yeah, that's the redshirts and injuries. They call themselves the Juice Boys if you want something to refer to them as

My boys were getting fired up watching the Juice Boys. Energy is contagious.

DudyDawg
09-02-2014, 08:29 AM
My boys were getting fired up watching the Juice Boys. Energy is contagious.

I was too. Loved seeing them dance and throw towels around.

the peeper
09-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Same here, sit on 41/42yd line upper east side and we can't understand what's being said and if you try to read lips and listen that's no good because it looks like there's about a 1-2 second delay between their lips moving and voice coming over pa system.