PDA

View Full Version : C-L gonna C-L

Bully Dee Williams
09-01-2014, 12:46 PM
The chick that covers recruiting for the C-L just posted an article on the reaction of the recruits to game day at State this weekend. She basically posted comments from 3 players: Peters, Patterson, and Spivey. All 3 had great things to say about the game day experience. However, with Peters she mainly brought up how he is only 75% committed to MSU. She also brought up how State is planning on moving him to LB and how he doesn't want to play LB.

I have little hope of signing Patterson, but his big thing was it is between Auburn and OM with us gaining ground.

Just wish for once when they do an article about us that they wouldn't bring up OM in every other sentence and that they would spend more time highlighting the good things that stood out to people. I guarantee we won't come up in positive light when they spotlight OMs on campus visit.

That's my rant for the day. I have no idea why I read things from CL. Stupid misleading links that show up in my twitter timeline.

Political Hack
09-01-2014, 12:57 PM
they can spin whatever they want... we win in November.

GreenheadDawg
09-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Did you expect anything else from the CL? Anytime they talk about any of our recruits they always bring up the idea of them flipping or that they are "keeping their options open" and not 100% committed

Bully Dee Williams
09-01-2014, 01:07 PM
they can spin whatever they want... we win in November.

Yup! That's all that matters.

1bigdawg
09-01-2014, 01:07 PM
What is this thing you call "C-L?"**

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2014, 01:20 PM
What is this thing you call "C-L?"

Chronic Liars.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2014, 01:25 PM
What is this thing you call "C-L?"

if you arent kidding, the clarion ledger.

Reason2succeed
09-01-2014, 01:41 PM
You can't complain about the recruit's direct quote. Sure the CL decided to print something that did not show State in a positive light but look at it on the bright side: Peters was honest and our coaches will hear what he said and can address it. We have a great class and once OM crashes and burns and we beat Auburn and LSU it will be totally solid.

AROB44
09-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Please tell me why people keep reading that trash? I just don't understand it.

Bully Dee Williams
09-01-2014, 01:52 PM
The article headline is something like "recruits react to MSU game day" not "recruits react to rumors about potential college position or percantage of commitment." Those quotes were 70% of the article. I'm not mad about the quote. I'm mad that it is the main focus of an article that should be about our recruits discussing game day in a stadium that is celebrating a $75 million+ renovations. Plus, where are the reacts from kids that do nothing but cheerlead for MSU like Dear and Farrod Green? That's what I'm pissed at the CL about.

Reason2succeed
09-01-2014, 01:55 PM
The article headline is something like "recruits react to MSU game day" not "recruits react to rumors about potential college position or percantage of commitment." Those quotes were 70% of the article. I'm not mad about the quote. I'm mad that it is the main focus of an article that should be about our recruits discussing game day in a stadium that is celebrating a $75 million+ renovations. Plus, where are the reacts from kids that do nothing but cheerlead for MSU like Dear and Farrod Green? That's what I'm pissed at the CL about.

I agree. They took a piece that should have been sunshine and rained on it. Yeah, they would never do that to the Bears. The good news is that they can pump all the sunshine they want on OM but when they start losing there will be nothing they can do.

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Don't understand why people keep reading the Rebel Liar. It's their stated purpose to be a pro-TSUN paper. I haven't read it in years and have no interest in reading it.

Bully Dee Williams
09-01-2014, 02:30 PM
I will add this little tidbit. A very reputable, well known and unbiased person (has no connection to MSU at all) that knows a lot of people in high school and college football just DMd me on twitter in response to some tweets I made about the article. He basically said, "ask her why she doesn't talk about OM commits and how committed they are. Cronin is a big OM homer." Just saying we aren't paranoid, CL is legit biased.

1bigdawg
09-01-2014, 03:20 PM
if you arent kidding, the clarion ledger.

I added the sarcasterics that should have been there.

I have a friend that subscribes. He barbecues a lot and uses it to start his charcoal. Says it's worth it.