PDA

View Full Version : Interesting SEC Power Rankings

ShotgunDawg
09-01-2014, 10:48 AM
http://247sports.com/Article/SEC-Football-Power-Rankings-Week-1-30772588

JC Shurburtt of 247 is on the Bulldog bandwagon this year, and I find it very interesting because, while all the other most of media says we don't have enough talent, MR recruiting guru himself says we do.

Does Barrett Sallee trust 247's rankings more than JC?

gtowndawg
09-01-2014, 10:54 AM
http://247sports.com/Article/SEC-Football-Power-Rankings-Week-1-30772588

JC Shurburtt of 247 is on the Bulldog bandwagon this year, and I find it very interesting because, while all the other most of media says we don't have enough talent, MR recruiting guru himself says we do.

Does Barrett Sallee trust 247's rankings more than JC?

Somebody will win the west this year with 2 losses. I think that's inevitable. Just too good.

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Somebody will win the west this year with 2 losses. I think that's inevitable. Just too good.

I agree. It's all going to come down to who those losses are against. If we win the west we'll have to win 2/4 against LSU, bama, auburn, and A&M. Those four will beat each other up and we have to hope we beat whichever team emerges from that group to have the tie breaker.

ShotgunDawg
09-01-2014, 11:23 AM
This is fun and the way it should be. More parity in the conference equals more fun and more drama for everyone.

SDDawg
09-01-2014, 12:16 PM
The only challenge I see is the impact to the playoff. I'm worried that top heavy leagues like the Pac-12 and B1G win out here because they don't have to compete as hard. Their 9 game conference schedule aside, there are some real cupcakes that are playing. Outside of Vandy this year, I'm not sure our league has any in either division. Still, looking forward to a very competitive SEC West schedule.

Pollodawg
09-01-2014, 12:27 PM
This is fun and the way it should be. More parity in the conference equals more fun and more drama for everyone.

This. All day. That was always one of the biggest knocks I heard against College Football from people who would rather watch the pros. According to them, and they were right a lot, you knew who was going to win before the game was even played. Your Bama and LSUs were flat out better than everyone else, and it wasn't even close. It aint like that this go around. And it makes for way more exciting football.