PDA

View Full Version : LSU game

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Guys, how big would a win at Death Valley be for our program (assuming we enter that game undefeated)?

I think it is a real possibility. What would it do to our program on a local and national level?

codeDawg
09-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Guys, how big would a win at Death Valley be for our program (assuming we enter that game undefeated)?

I think it is a real possibility. What would it do to our program on a local and national level?

LSU is who I thought they were. They are not a good team. They won this weekend because they threw the game plan out the window and just started dominating athletically. They can do that against Wisconsin, but I don't think they can do that to us again this year.

Reason2succeed
09-01-2014, 10:43 AM
1) Mullen would finally have his big win in the West which would shut up the bear trolls.***I kid. Nothing can shut up a bear troll.
2) We would be solidly in the SEC West race for once. Recruits would take notice.
3) We would be ranked at least top 15. Our fans will be in a frenzy.
4) Mullen to Florida talks would resume.
5) LSU is having a down year would start.

We wouldn't get to grovel in the jubilation long because we will be looking at aTm and Aub coming in. We have to win 2 of the 3 before getting really excite.

MarketingBully01
09-01-2014, 10:50 AM
LSU is who I thought they were. They are not a good team. They won this weekend because they threw the game plan out the window and just started dominating athletically. They can do that against Wisconsin, but I don't think they can do that to us again this year.

It also helps when 40% of Wisconsin's DL goes out injured in the second half and were replaced by freshmen out of necessity. LSU couldn't run for shit before Wiscy lost two of their DL. And our DL is deeper and better then Wiscy's. LSU's DL is also their weakness. I think if we RTGDFB like Coach likes we will be fine against LSU. Throw in some passes every now and then to keep their defense honest and I think we can score a lot on their defense.

thf24
09-01-2014, 10:56 AM
1) Mullen would finally have his big win in the West which would shut up the bear trolls.***I kid. Nothing can shut up a bear troll.

Nothing would please me more for the following scenario to play out:

1. We beat LSU.
2. Bears scoff and say we only beat them because they're "down."
3. LSU demolishes the Bears' weak ass o-line and runs all over their undersized D through raw talent for a blowout win.

Rebs' heads would be exploding right and left. They'd have to choose between admitting that we were good enough to beat a depleted but still talented LSU, or that LSU is still down and they're worse. Nightmare scenario for them.

SDDawg
09-01-2014, 11:04 AM
TD Moton might recommit. **

Seriously though, it would be huge. I almost don't even want to think about it because thf24's scenarios is the one I want (and almost expect) to see.

hailmari
09-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Short term effects: Hangovers. Really bad hangovers for State fans the next day. #TurnDownForWhat

Apoplectic
09-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Just bought two chair backs on stub hub thinking shirley this is the year.

Reason2succeed
09-01-2014, 01:29 PM
It also helps when 40% of Wisconsin's DL goes out injured in the second half and were replaced by freshmen out of necessity. LSU couldn't run for shit before Wiscy lost two of their DL. And our DL is deeper and better then Wiscy's. LSU's DL is also their weakness. I think if we RTGDFB like Coach likes we will be fine against LSU. Throw in some passes every now and then to keep their defense honest and I think we can score a lot on their defense.

Also the stud RB from Wisconsin that created the 17pt lead went AWOL in the second half. I think his name is Melvin Gordon III. He basically rode the pine and watched the lead evaporate. Wisconsin coaches aren't saying why.

Bully Dee Williams
09-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Just think about this, the Wisconsin QB was like 8/21 for about 50 yards and 2 ints. Couple that with injuries and LSU should have cake walked. Lets just hope we can get them before they find their legs.

Vandelay Industries
09-01-2014, 01:36 PM

Come on now, LSU is a good team who will be in the running for the West. The key to the game will be shutting down their running game, Wisky shut them down for 3 qtrs and you saw what happened

LC Dawg
09-01-2014, 01:45 PM
If we beat LSU the A&M game will be the biggest game at Scott Field in a long time.

Bullmutt
09-01-2014, 03:32 PM
I don't think the LSU game could have been placed at a better point of our schedule this year; three good warm-up games to get things in sync on both sides of the ball and early enough in the year so that their freshmen may still not be up to speed when we get them. If we go down there and take it from them, our team confidence should be through-the-roof, and then we have an extra week to heal and prepare for A&M. The table would be set for a good run through the middle of our season.

I prefer not to dwell on the darker implications of an LSU loss, based on our last few seasons.

aerodawg
09-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Also the stud RB from Wisconsin that created the 17pt lead went AWOL in the second half. I think his name is Melvin Gordon III. He basically rode the pine and watched the lead evaporate. Wisconsin coaches aren't saying why.

Yeah I saw some strange quotes from the Wisconsin coach and that RB. Basically the coach said there was a reason they didn't play him much the second half but didn't give the reason, and the RB said he was completely healthy and ready to go. The coach must of found out that he 17ed his daughter or something at halftime, otherwise I don't see any reason at all for that change. Kind of reminds me of the 2011 game at Auburn where we marched down the field with our running game the first half and basically abandoned it in the third quarter only to catch back up toward the end of the 4th with it and lose on a goal line stand.

Covercorner2
09-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Gordon had a hip. They were protecting his future...

Jack Lambert
09-01-2014, 07:40 PM

We coundn't beat them when they really sucked and we were really good. Until we get the monkey off our backs with LSU I don't know if we can beat them.

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 07:44 PM
If we are fortunate enough to beat LSU, we would have a bye week before A&M.

codeDawg
09-01-2014, 07:47 PM
We coundn't beat them when they really sucked and we were really good. Until we get the monkey off our backs with LSU I don't know if we can beat them.

I'm not sure those two things have intersected until this year.

jimbo352
09-01-2014, 08:00 PM

It's exactly the kind of win our program needs to take the next step...

Going in to the season, I thought Auburn and A&M would be more winnable than LSU in Death Valley... Now I think LSU is our best shot at a big win. If we can win one of A&M and Auburn, we will be in fantastic shape. Then all we have to do is beat at least one of OM/Bama for a 10-2 year... We beat both, and we're going to Atlanta...

IMO, the only games we have to worry about are A&M, Auburn, Bama, LSU, and OM... 2 of those games are at home, and Bama/OM/LSU didn't look very impressive in their openers... I really, really like the way everything is lining up...
If our OL can keep progressing over the next 3 weeks, we'll be ready to compete for the West...