PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about our Offensive Line...

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 10:00 AM
As was my concern prior to the first game, I was very underwhelmed by our OL play against USM. I know we put up good offensive numbers, so please don't try justifying it with stats against a bad team. I'm talking about blown assignments, and guys like Clausell, Day, and Beckwith (3 Seniors) getting beaten on multiple occasions by an "average" group of D Linemen for USM.

I contribute some of our rushing woes to Dak not keeping the ball at all on the zone read, thus allowing USM to key in on RB's. And even then, Robinson had a big game, just not between the tackles.
And also, I thought not having Shumpert hurt us between the tackles, especially on the goal line stand.

But as a guy that does not understand OL schemes nearly as much as other positions on the field....should we be concerned about our OL? What can be done to sure up our mistakes from game 1? Will we see less Beckwith and more Clayborn?

One of you coaches or former Offensive Linemen tell me it was first game mistakes and nothing more. By the way, I thought Malone played a pretty good game after re watching the game and focusing on OL play. Day and Beckwith not so much. Senior had a few screw ups, but played well overall. And another thing...USM had a lot of returning DL, including Nunes-Roches who missed last year with injury, so I think many are discrediting their DL a little too much. Their DL is far superior to their OL.

Reason2succeed
09-01-2014, 10:08 AM
I had heard that USM's DL was the best part of their team. However, we need to get the OL fixed because if they are showing ANY weakness LSU and the rest of the SEC will see it and try to exploit it. The good news is that we have time. The bad news is that time can only fix so much.

missouridawg
09-01-2014, 10:11 AM
I had heard that USM's DL was the best part of their team. However, we need to get the OL fixed because if they are showing ANY weakness LSU and the rest of the SEC will see it and try to exploit it. The good news is that we have time. The bad news is that time can only fix so much.

A guy we passed on because of size was in our backfield all night... Dylan Bradley.

Saltydog
09-01-2014, 10:11 AM
that stood out to me was when USM stuffed us 4 times within the 4 yard line. Yeah, we telegraphed our plays but even then we got NO push up front. That's concerning. I was worried about our OL prior to the season. After watching one game, I'm worried a little more.

Dawgfan77
09-01-2014, 10:15 AM
I am no expert but a lot of your concerns were blown assignments. Could be loss of focus and underestimating the opponent. Also could have been the OL has not gelled. Either way things Are not a good as they appear and not as bad as the appear. I like Beckwith but he needs to be a swing guy We must sign a interior JUCO and a JUCO tackle this year

Coach34
09-01-2014, 10:21 AM
In the running game- you have to take what teams give you. USM played their front 4 to take away the inside run- and this made it easier for us to run outside. We really only ran the zone read once- and Dakota took it right up the gut for 7 yards. When you dont run the play that is the basis of your offense- you will tend to see it struggle.

Another thing people lose sight of is that our offense ran 78 offensive plays. 78. That is 78 chances to win or lose a battle. Our OL is not going to win all 78 snaps.

Griffin blocks the Mike like he is supposed to and we score on that 2nd series- alot of people's concerns are alot smaller

thf24
09-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm not worried about Clausell or Day. Clausell manhandled this year's #1 overall draft pick last year, so I think it's easy to chalk his struggles up to a bad game or first game jitters. Day has always been solid against much stronger competition, so I think it's safe to say he just had a bad game too. As far as Beckwith, I think Mullen will reward him for sticking around and being a senior with a lot of playing time early on, but we'll see mostly Clayborn at LG once we get into the meat of our schedule. If that's not the plan, it needs to be. Malone and Senior did fine. It was missed assignments that caused problems on the goal line stand, not lack of "push." As has been discussed ad nauseam, our blocking scheme doesn't need push as long as assignments are being met, but that shouldn't alleviate all concerns since it was seniors missing those assignments.

I'm not going to panic yet, but we aren't without issues that need fixing and some guys who need to do a better job of getting their heads in the game from here out.

engie
09-01-2014, 10:25 AM
that stood out to me was when USM stuffed us 4 times within the 4 yard line. Yeah, we telegraphed our plays but even then we got NO push up front. That's concerning. I was worried about our OL prior to the season. After watching one game, I'm worried a little more.

We don't try to "get push" up front -- It's a zone scheme. We open holes side to side -- not straight ahead. This has been spelled out in great detail a few times on here. The goal line stand was on FB/TEs/H-Backs period. Here's one example of someone else that agrees.
Matt Wyatt @MaroonWyatt ? 1h
Tape: after P.Smith’s INT, the goal line breakdown wasn’t on O-Line at all. Was on TE & FB. O-Line did their job.

The OL play has got to be better -- that much we all agree upon. But I'm really not sure what everyone was expecting us to look like in a week 1 game that Dak was obviously never going to get turned loose to run in against what is the strength of what I think was an improved USM team. Our OL is never going to "look good" when Dak is not playing a dual threat role.

Coach34
09-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I just like the fact that we rushed for 201 yards and people feel like we could do better. Hell, that was almost a whole game of total offense for Crooms

Coach34
09-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Matt Wyatt @MaroonWyatt ? 1h
Tape: after P.Smith’s INT, the goal line breakdown wasn’t on O-Line at all. Was on TE & FB. O-Line did their job..

glad to see Matt agree...it was pretty easy to see if you rewound and looked for it

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm not worried about Clausell or Day. Clausell manhandled this year's #1 overall draft pick last year, so I think it's easy to chalk his struggles up to a bad game or first game jitters. Day has always been solid against much stronger competition, so I think it's safe to say he just had a bad game too. As far as Beckwith, I think Mullen will reward him for sticking around and being a senior with a lot of playing time early on, but we'll see mostly Clayborn at LG once we get into the meat of our schedule. If that's not the plan, it needs to be. Malone and Senior did fine. It was missed assignments that caused problems on the goal line stand, not lack of "push." As has been discussed ad nauseam, our blocking scheme doesn't need push as long as assignments are being met, but that shouldn't alleviate all concerns since it was seniors missing those assignments.

I'm not going to panic yet, but we aren't without issues that need fixing and some guys who need to do a better job of getting their heads in the game from here out.

Nice breakdown.

I've always felt like it's more important to have guys that know the blocking schemes, than it is to have the biggest/best OL out there. I've seen small teams run the ball on big defenses when their OL blocks the way the play is designed to be blocked. That is what has me concerned after Saturday. Going into the season, I was concerned about overall talent and depth....but after Saturday, I started worrying about the assignments.

I think we will learn a lot about our OL next Saturday, bc I would think Hev and company make it a point to see improvement over this past weekend. I'd love to be greedy and see us run for about 300 next weekend. Ha

The good news is, we are now having to dissect parts of our team to find improvements that are needed to become a Championship team. That is huge, bc in years past we had obvious issues that could keep us from being a bowl team. It is fun watching this program snowball into a contender.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I just like the fact that we rushed for 201 yards and people feel like we could do better. Hell, that was almost a whole game of total offense for Crooms

This we can all agree on. It's a new day for MSU. We now search for ways to push us to Championships instead of bowl games. I love it.

Bully13
09-01-2014, 10:39 AM
well we do know that our OL got it's ass chewed out after that 4 and out inside the 5. what I'm wondering is whether or not it was other things other than us just not being tough and strong enough up front. if it's "other things" those are fixable, if it's the latter, that ain't gonna get fixed anytime soon.

gtowndawg
09-01-2014, 10:43 AM

//short memory....all the greats have it.

Percho
09-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Nice breakdown.

I've always felt like it's more important to have guys that know the blocking schemes, than it is to have the biggest/best OL out there. I've seen small teams run the ball on big defenses when their OL blocks the way the play is designed to be blocked. That is what has me concerned after Saturday. Going into the season, I was concerned about overall talent and depth....but after Saturday, I started worrying about the assignments.

I think we will learn a lot about our OL next Saturday, bc I would think Hev and company make it a point to see improvement over this past weekend. I'd love to be greedy and see us run for about 300 next weekend. Ha

The good news is, we are now having to dissect parts of our team to find improvements that are needed to become a Championship team. That is huge, bc in years past we had obvious issues that could keep us from being a bowl team. It is fun watching this program snowball into a contender.

Air Force in the old days? LB

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Air Force in the old days? LB

Yep, great example

FlabLoser
09-01-2014, 11:39 AM
When Dak got stuffed at the 1 our TE didn't block anybody. Left the outside defender free & clear. Dak avoided him, but in doing so strung the play out and pursuit got him.

NCDawg
09-01-2014, 11:50 AM
A guy we passed on because of size was in our backfield all night... Dylan Bradley.

I noted that , too. That guy can play. Amazing we couldn't see the potential in him.

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 12:51 PM
In the running game- you have to take what teams give you. USM played their front 4 to take away the inside run- and this made it easier for us to run outside. We really only ran the zone read once- and Dakota took it right up the gut for 7 yards. When you dont run the play that is the basis of your offense- you will tend to see it struggle.

Another thing people lose sight of is that our offense ran 78 offensive plays. 78. That is 78 chances to win or lose a battle. Our OL is not going to win all 78 snaps.

Griffin blocks the Mike like he is supposed to and we score on that 2nd series- alot of people's concerns are alot smaller

I forget who you were arguing with about this in the other thread but they were right. Beckwith was supposed to block down across the play. He would have blown him all the way to the sideline. Watch the play in slowmo, there is no way that beckwith was supposed to go that deep into the second level on the goal line just to block a backside lb. Secondly Griffin would have had no chance to blow a LB out of the hole strait on. The best bet would be to block across the play. My guess is either Day missed the call or Beckwith missed the assignment. Mullen even said in his press conference that Hevesy said the guard blocked the wrong person.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 12:57 PM
I forget who you were arguing with about this in the other thread but they were right. Beckwith was supposed to block down across the play. He would have blown him all the way to the sideline. Watch the play in slowmo, there is no way that beckwith was supposed to go that deep into the second level on the goal line just to block a backside lb. Secondly Griffin would have had no chance to blow a LB out of the hole strait on. The best bet would be to block across the play. My guess is either Day missed the call or Beckwith missed the assignment. Mullen even said in his press conference that Hevesy said the guard blocked the wrong person.

Can't be true...our OL is perfect and makes no mistakes, because they are our best ever.*

Coach is on a "Defend the OL at all costs" kick these days, so I pretty much skip over his analysis of any negative comments about the OL. He's got a different person or group to defend at all costs every season...this year it's the OL because he called them our best ever under Dan.

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Can't be true...our OL is perfect and makes no mistakes, because they are our best ever.*

Coach is on a "Defend the OL at all costs" kick these days, so I pretty much skip over his analysis of any negative comments about the OL. He's got a different person or group to defend at all costs every season...this year it's the OL because he called them our best ever under Dan.

+1

Coach34
09-01-2014, 01:28 PM

ok- I've been as nice as I can be- but I wish you guys would stop being dumb mf'ers about all this. the Mike was lined head up the Center behind the NG. That means he was to the LEFT of Beckwith. The play was run to the LEFT. There is no way in hell Beckwith could have blocked the Mike. You are football ignorant if you think so.

The second part of your paragraph was extremely ignorant. You said " Secondly Griffin would have had no chance to blow a LB out of the hole strait on"

That is what the FB's job is to do out of the I-formation- blow LB'ers the f*ck up. That is his sole responsibility on the lead play. To blow a LB'er up. Think about it logically- Day blocks Nose, Malone blocks DT...who is left for the FB to block??????? The mf'ing MIKE

Coach34
09-01-2014, 01:31 PM

Coach is on a "Defend the OL at all costs" kick these days

Per Matt Wyatt-

"Matt Wyatt @MaroonWyatt ? 1h
Tape: after P.Smith’s INT, the goal line breakdown wasn’t on O-Line at all. Was on TE & FB. O-Line did their job."

So the former college QB says the exact same thing I did. So who is correct??? The former college QB and the former HS HC and OC- or some random on a message board calling himself "preacher"?????

Holy shit where is the tylenol

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Per Matt Wyatt-

Tape: after P.Smith’s INT, the goal line breakdown wasn’t on O-Line at all. Was on TE & FB. O-Line did their job."

So the former college QB says the exact same thing I did. So who is correct??? The former college QB and the former HS HC and OC- or some random on a message board calling himself "preacher"?????

Who is correct... The former QB who never played under Hevesy, or is Hevesy right. He said, according to Mullen, that the guard missed a block. It wasn't Malone. it had to be Beckwith.

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 01:37 PM
ok- I've been as nice as I can be- but I wish you guys would stop being dumb mf'ers about all this. the Mike was lined head up the Center behind the NG. That means he was to the LEFT of Beckwith. The play was run to the LEFT. There is no way in hell Beckwith could have blocked the Mike. You are football ignorant if you think so.

The second part of your paragraph was extremely ignorant. You said " Secondly Griffin would have had no chance to blow a LB out of the hole strait on"

That is what the FB's job is to do out of the I-formation- blow LB'ers the f*ck up. That is his sole responsibility on the lead play. To blow a LB'er up. Think about it logically- Day blocks Nose, Malone blocks DT...who is left for the FB to block??????? The mf'ing MIKE

This is not HS Coach. In HS you typically never block across the play, but in college, the it happens all the time. You catch a guy stunting one way and you blow him out that way all the way across the play. So you are telling me that in college you NEVER block back across the play? That is just dumb. Watch the game and see how often it happens.

Coach34
09-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Who is correct... The former QB who never played under Hevesy, or is Hevesy right. He said, according to Mullen, that the guard missed a block. It wasn't Malone. it had to be Beckwith.

No- it had to be Malone then- he was playside. The BACKSIDE OG cant be responsible for blocking someone PLAYSIDE. Instead of blocking out, I guess he is saying Malone should have blocked down and let Clausell handle the DT.

And when did he say this? Just after the game or after he had watched film? Big difference

Coach34
09-01-2014, 01:42 PM
This is not HS Coach. In HS you typically never block across the play, but in college, the it happens all the time. You catch a guy stunting one way and you blow him out that way all the way across the play. So you are telling me that in college you NEVER block back across the play? That is just dumb. Watch the game and see how often it happens.

wow....ok

If I'm a defensive coach on ANY level, and a backside player blocks my playside defender- then he is the worst player on the field and I'm going to find me another player to put in for him

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Per Matt Wyatt-

Haha, mission accomplished. I believe I just baited Coach like he always baits everyone else.

http://www.corynikkel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Stirring-a-pot.jpg

http://onwardstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/conan-bowing.gif

Coach34
09-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Let's see who the FB is blocking in these plays:

http://espn.go.com/media/ncf/2002/1024/photo/bd_2.gif

http://strongfootballcoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/weakside-iso-versus-4-3-over-cover-4.png

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/mays/Power44Iso.gif

http://www.nflhspd.com/uploaded_files/tinymce/images/article-14-11-15.jpg

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Haha, mission accomplished. I believe I just baited Coach like he always baits everyone else.

http://www.corynikkel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Stirring-a-pot.jpg

http://onwardstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/conan-bowing.gif

http://media2.mic.com/d2fb1ae4432d7f1c5697e6e2cab424cf.gif

Bothrops
09-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I'd have USM's d-line over Vandy's, any day. But I have concerns. I've watched games from a couple of other west teams, and they are plum scary in their speed and execution.

Pollodawg
09-01-2014, 02:20 PM
"I just got proved wrong, so I'll pretend I am trolling....."**

Coach34
09-01-2014, 02:24 PM
I can see where people are getting confused now- "blocking down"

Blocking down is a PLAYSIDE term. They were talking about Malone. You can't "block down" from the backside or you would be pushing defenders toward the play.

They are saying Malone should have blocked down on the Mike and let Clausell have the DT by himself. This would explain Griff looking outside where he did instead of inside for the Mike- who was filling the hole. But as a veteran player, Griff should have recognized Malone blocking out and turned up inside to the bubble and hammered the Mike. As I mentioned in the Sunday Morning QB, that comes as a result of getting enough reps. And we obviously havent

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 03:07 PM
About the running game- we're going to have Shumpert back. That's going to make a big difference for us next week and of course adding the option back in for SEC play will also help out immensely. The play that Coach is talking about- if Shumpert is in there he probably blows up the Mike and we aren't even having this discussion which kind of reminds me of Lee Harvey Oswald shooting Kennedy a little bit.

Coach34
09-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Well, something even the most pedestrian person can figure out-

Griff blocked nothing but air- didn't touch a damn soul. We know for damn sure that wasn't what he was supposed to do on that play.

Pollodawg
09-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Well, something even the most pedestrian person can figure out-

Griff blocked nothing but air- didn't touch a damn soul. We know for damn sure that wasn't what he was supposed to do on that play.

Unless it's the Billy Bob "where I run down the field and look lost" play.

PMDawg
09-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Nice breakdown.

I agree, but it is weird that the guys who struggled were the older guys. That makes me think that the reason is the new tempo. If they ate just getting used to the new tempo, then maybe after 3 tune up games, they will be good to go.

Bubb Rubb
09-01-2014, 03:52 PM

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. No excuses, we have to score there running four plays from the four. Playcalling was suspect there too, but an SEC team has to win that battle regardless. The bigger concern for me is how much pressure they got on Dak all night. Go back and look at his last TD to Bear...our right tackle got absolutely whipped and Dak took a shot as he threw the ball. That shit won't fly against an SEC opponent.

You can dismiss it all you want, but OL play is a big, big problem for this team. We have to get better quickly.

Bully13
09-01-2014, 04:04 PM
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. No excuses, we have to score there running four plays from the four. Playcalling was suspect there too, but an SEC team has to win that battle regardless. The bigger concern for me is how much pressure they got on Dak all night. Go back and look at his last TD to Bear...our right tackle got absolutely whipped and Dak took a shot as he threw the ball. That shit won't fly against an SEC opponent.

You can dismiss it all you want, but OL play is a big, big problem for this team. We have to get better quickly.

Hard to argue this point . if this shit doesn't improve against quality opponents, then Mullen is going to have to make some big decisions year end. If OL play ends up being the main reason we don't live up to expectations this year, Mullen will have a Croom / McCorvey decision to make. Croom took the hard headed approach where he put his buddy above his job and MSU. Hey, and maybe we're jumping the gun, but I can't get that 4 and out from the 4 out of my mind. it smells and tastes like shit. And I just have some mental pictures from last year where we just couldn't open a hole up for any RB last year too many damned times. If this shit continues this year, all you "stars don't matter" people can just suck it. Oh, and that pic of Hevesy a week or so ago on Gene's page was the goofiest 17'ing pic I've seen in a while.

Coach34
09-01-2014, 04:11 PM

FB makes his block we score- that's on the RB's...not the OL...end of story

Bubb Rubb
09-01-2014, 04:30 PM
FB makes his block we score- that's on the RB's...not the OL...end of story

I will give you that on the 4th down play. First and second down was edge failure by the TEs (which you will argue in defense of the Oline, but the TE is part of the Oline). The third down play was an offensive line breakdown. Somebody was supposed to go second level (probably Malone) and didn't make the block on the linebacker that tackled Dak.

Four plays from the four against a C-USA defense...you gotta get it done. No excuses...end of story.

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Hard to argue this point . if this shit doesn't improve against quality opponents, then Mullen is going to have to make some big decisions year end. If OL play ends up being the main reason we don't live up to expectations this year, Mullen will have a Croom / McCorvey decision to make. Croom took the hard headed approach where he put his buddy above his job and MSU. Hey, and maybe we're jumping the gun, but I can't get that 4 and out from the 4 out of my mind. it smells and tastes like shit. And I just have some mental pictures from last year where we just couldn't open a hole up for any RB last year too many damned times. If this shit continues this year, all you "stars don't matter" people can just suck it. Oh, and that pic of Hevesy a week or so ago on Gene's page was the goofiest 17'ing pic I've seen in a while.

And if "this shit" doesn't continue you can suck it. I like my odds right now knowing what Shumpert can do and the fact that we are going to run the option. Not to mention I guarantee you on 4th down in SEC play, it's going to be Dak getting the ball- not Josh.

Coach34
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I will give you that on the 4th down play. First and second down was edge failure by the TEs (which you will argue in defense of the Oline, but the TE is part of the Oline). The third down play was an offensive line breakdown. Somebody was supposed to go second level (probably Malone) and didn't make the block on the linebacker that tackled Dak.

Four plays from the four against a C-USA defense...you gotta get it done. No excuses...end of story.

1st down was solid
2nd down was Griff being slow and Hill getting whipped inside
3rd down was Hill and Senior- they both got tangled with DE and nobody got to the 2nd level
4th down was Griffin- cant have your FB not make block at POA

sux we didn't score- missed assignments are a killer. Their NG diving low to create a pile was big too. Their guys staying extremely low to create piles is a good strategy for a lesser team. They will cause Bammer some fits if they do the same to them

MarketingBully01
09-01-2014, 05:00 PM

You have to be shitting me here. We basically ran Tyler Russell's offense against Soithern Miss and Dak actually ran it better then Tyler did. Did we miss assignments at times? Yes but it was also the first game. A game mind you in which we won 49-0 and could very well of won 70-0. Our weakness is pass blocking right? What did we do mostly against USM? Did a lot of pass plays and when we did run the spread option Dak maybe kept it once but would give it to the RB 99% of the time. Wheb we did run the spread option, they basically sold out on the RB and JRob still got yards.

I am 100% sure Dan is using these first three games to work on things we aren't necessarily good at. I just hope against UAB we have Dak run a little bit more and practice our run game with our true spread option plays where it keeps the defense guessing. This OL is great at Run Blocking period.

Bully13
09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
We need to archive this thread throughout the remainder of the season because this is the main concern and the argument at THIS juncture is valid on BOTH sides. Let's see how this plays out. I'm on the concerned side at this point. Let's see how we do, then bring this thread up UhGAIN later on and often.

aerodawg
09-01-2014, 05:56 PM
I think my biggest problem with the whole little series of downs was that it felt like we were too tight from end to end on the offensive line. The Southern Miss DL didn't have to get push, all they had to do was cause a pile up, which they did. We basically bottlenecked ourselves up the middle as there was only a very small difference between running off right guard or left guard. I'm not saying we should have huge splits like Texas Tech used to do, but there needs to be a little more room so that lanes can be made without bulldozing through a pile of bodies. We won't win that scenario against hardly any SEC defensive front.

I would like to have the old Wishbone formation back once Shumpert is playing in those inside the 5 and goal to go situations. Thats a lot of hard-running, strong backs running full speed to the line of scrimmage with Shumpert, Griffin, and Robinson.

Coach34
09-01-2014, 06:14 PM
I actually agree with that- we were damn foot to foot on the OL. To me- that's stupid. Doesn't give you anywhere to go. I know as an opposing coach- a team getting in the I with tight line splits was the easiest thing to face.

Todd4State
09-01-2014, 06:18 PM
I think my biggest problem with the whole little series of downs was that it felt like we were too tight from end to end on the offensive line. The Southern Miss DL didn't have to get push, all they had to do was cause a pile up, which they did. We basically bottlenecked ourselves up the middle as there was only a very small difference between running off right guard or left guard. I'm not saying we should have huge splits like Texas Tech used to do, but there needs to be a little more room so that lanes can be made without bulldozing through a pile of bodies. We won't win that scenario against hardly any SEC defensive front.

I would like to have the old Wishbone formation back once Shumpert is playing in those inside the 5 and goal to go situations. Thats a lot of hard-running, strong backs running full speed to the line of scrimmage with Shumpert, Griffin, and Robinson.

Amen brother. Dak, Griffen at FB, and then Robinson and Shumpert at the halfback spots. I don't know why more people don't use the wishbone on goal line?

preachermatt83
09-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Amen brother. Dak, Griffen at FB, and then Robinson and Shumpert at the halfback spots. I don't know why more people don't use the wishbone on goal line?

I still say we will see a ton of Diamond formation in SEC play. If we don't we are dumb.

tcdog70
09-01-2014, 09:28 PM
With our regular spread offense ,Dak can score in four try's if nobody blocks.. The stupid shit was the tight formation and Dak under center, when has that ever worked?

Johnson85
09-02-2014, 09:57 AM
I noted that , too. That guy can play. Amazing we couldn't see the potential in him.

Is he better than who we have? Seems like you could be pretty good at DL and still not make it on our board.