PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about good & bad ( as in stealing ) tail gate experiences.

Offshore Dawg
09-01-2014, 08:02 AM
My tailgating is mixing a Crown & 7 out the back of the jeep locking the Jeep then eating a sandwich at the alumni tent. After that I love walking around watching people. Now to the bad, too many people and their groups are having stuff stolen even right in front of them at their tents. Personally somebody going postal on a few of these thieves may slow some of this stealing down. Don't know if shooting a few in the head would be a bit excessive. I would never touch anybody's property, but the nerve of some scummy <17>ers.

Political Hack
09-01-2014, 08:19 AM
I've got a bad one that I'll tell y'all about someday.

IMissJack
09-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Also apparently some don't know what a trashbag is for. Junction looked like a war zone after game. Weather did play a role.

Offshore Dawg
09-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Also apparently some don't know what a trashbag is for. Junction looked like a war zone after game. Weather did play a role.

A large percentage of our population thinks somebody else can or will take care of it. " IT'S NOT MY JOB MON ". problem all over today's society.

Bully13
09-01-2014, 08:43 AM
My tailgating is mixing a Crown & 7 out the back of the jeep locking the Jeep then eating a sandwich at the alumni tent. After that I love walking around watching people. Now to the bad, too many people and their groups are having stuff stolen even right in front of them at their tents. Personally somebody going postal on a few of these thieves may slow some of this stealing down. Don't know if shooting a few in the head would be a bit excessive. I would never touch anybody's property, but the nerve of some scummy <17>ers.

based on geographics and other things, have not been to a game in many mooons. what is this thievery people mention from time to time at our tailgates? what items get stolen? how rampant is this? and if it is bad enough, why can't we hire some rent-a-cops to police the area and protect people's stuff? what kind of people are doing this? kids? students? meth heads?

TheRef
09-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I know on Friday, Candyman had his tent stolen. He was pretty livid.

Steakonastick
09-01-2014, 09:19 AM
I have been lucky all we have ever had missing is beer.

But I know people who had coolers, tables, chairs, and tents all come up missing.

I think the biggest problem is their is no way to police it. Joe the cop is not going to have a clue who belongs to which group. Or if that guy carrying a generator stole it or is just taking down their tent.

We bought a 30ft cable a few years ago that we run between the tv box, generator, coolers, and the tables. Unless somebody has a pair of bolt cutters they are going to look dumb as hell carrying 8 items attached.

Smitty
09-01-2014, 09:38 AM
We have a fairly large group that comes (40-50) and a handful just stay at the tent and watch (some of the women) so it's not been a problem for us. We also run the cable through everything and lock it down so you can't get into any coolers and to steal something would require 7-8 guys carrying a big circle of tubs, coolers, etc.

Mutt the Hoople
09-01-2014, 10:00 AM
One way to deal with Tailgate Thiefs
http://www.thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/predator%20shooting.gif

Bully13
09-01-2014, 10:35 AM
so are yall saying that it may be fellow Bulldog tailgaters doing this shit? if so, just wow.

MafiaDawg
09-01-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm thinking it's some of the fine local Starkville residents who poach on tailgaters. It doesn't make sense for one tailgater to go steal from another tailgater. These assholes who steal during the game run off and go back to their shitty public housing before anyone even notices anything is gone.

SDDawg
09-01-2014, 12:12 PM
It's sad to hear that's a problem, seriously.

drummerdawg
09-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I've had two tents stolen a couple years ago.

we got our place and set them up that Friday around 5pm, went to something at the hump and came back by around 9pm. They were both still there. Came back the next morning and one was gone. Kinda weird to only steal one of the two. Well the next week I set up my other tent, surely it wouldn't happen again. It did.

Bothrops
09-01-2014, 01:56 PM
This will continue to get worse. Every generation is getting worse, not better.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
The bears were off on Saturday....must have been bears in Dawg clothing**

Dawgbite
09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Haven't had a problem with thieves but I rode through the Junction about 1 am Sunday morning and there was tents tables and chairs everywhere and no people to be seen. Last year after the LSU game, about 7am Sunday morning, the cleanup people had a dump truck loading all the tents left from the night before. Don't get drunk and leave your stuff in the junction, it will disappear by Sunday am.