PDA

View Full Version : With the expansion and a full house, our stadium is.....

BeardoMSU
08-31-2014, 06:01 PM
THE TITS.

http://www.hailstate.com/pics33/800/FL/FLTBRUJDIUJEJYK.20140831031223.jpg
http://www.hailstate.com/pics33/800/LF/LFARFSISSSVNTXG.20140831031821.jpg
http://www.hailstate.com/pics33/800/YR/YRTSEGGPGXIBGVF.20140831031512.jpg
http://www.hailstate.com/pics33/800/CX/CXIIMPFVSSTZMWH.20140831031548.jpg
http://www.hailstate.com/pics33/800/AC/ACFEUTLFUNHOAMO.20140831031619.jpg

godlluB
08-31-2014, 06:05 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3867/14908709999_8dff9c877f.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/oHr358)

CadaverDawg
08-31-2014, 06:09 PM
That 3rd, 4th, and 5th picture are incredible.

Where did you get those photos, Beardo?

BeardoMSU
08-31-2014, 06:11 PM
I just can't believe how far we've come. New facilities and an expansion that gives us a legit SEC stadium (in appearance and ambiance, not so much in terms of capacity, but that's fine by me).

I was also extremely proud of how our fans showed up, despite the weather. Hell, we started tailgating at around 9 am, and it didn't take long for the junction to fill up, and it never petered off, despite the wetness....

BeardoMSU
08-31-2014, 06:12 PM
That 3rd, 4th, and 5th picture are incredible.

Where did you get those photos, Beardo?

Here ya go, Cadaver.

http://www.hailstate.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSID=90889&SPID=10997&DB_LANG=C&PALBID=1177856&DB_OEM_ID=16800

GreenheadDawg
08-31-2014, 06:23 PM
I will say this. I was proud as hell to be a bulldog last night. I was telling my wife on the ride up to starkville that I bet the new stadium would only be half full. I was extremely impressed with fans and the students. Both did a hell of a job last night

ETA: I wish we could get some of the sections with mostly blue hairs to at least cheer or something. They can even do it sitting down. But I mean 4 people sitting 2 rows down from me sat there and didn't say a word the whole game. I don't even know if they stood up

BeardoMSU
08-31-2014, 06:23 PM
I was also told by a friend (OM, ironically), they said on TV that we have the most square footage of jumbotron-screen-age (the 2 combined) in the nation. That's pretty cool.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-31-2014, 06:42 PM
I wonder, and was hoping that the guy who took video a few weeks ago with his drone of the stadium would have done it during the game. Probably not allowed, but worth asking. That would be one cool video.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2014, 07:03 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3867/14908709999_8dff9c877f.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/oHr358)

Dang, that is really close to the seats I had for most of the 90s. I miss those. It sucks being 12 hours away!

godlluB
08-31-2014, 07:08 PM
I wonder, and was hoping that the guy who took video a few weeks ago with his drone of the stadium would have done it during the game. Probably not allowed, but worth asking. That would be one cool video.

Someone did. There was a drone that hovered REALLY high above the stadium for a while last night. It was so high that I doubt many people noticed it.

Liverpooldawg
08-31-2014, 08:07 PM
I will say this. I was proud as hell to be a bulldog last night. I was telling my wife on the ride up to starkville that I bet the new stadium would only be half full. I was extremely impressed with fans and the students. Both did a hell of a job last night

ETA: I wish we could get some of the sections with mostly blue hairs to at least cheer or something. They can even do it sitting down. But I mean 4 people sitting 2 rows down from me sat there and didn't say a word the whole game. I don't even know if they stood up

I thought it would be half full due to the weather as well. Last night was one of those times you REALLY had to be there though. I think that was why it was full. It was a great night.

Liverpooldawg
08-31-2014, 08:13 PM
By the way, don't be too hard on the blue hairs. If it weren't for their loyalty in showing up for games when we SUCKED, NONE of the expansions would have ever been built. They are the base it has all been built on. Cherish them, don't blast them. FYI: I'm 50 and my hair has been blue/grey for 20 years. I arrived on campus to a dilapidated 30k seat stadium with no lights. The enrollment was less than 13k. My recently deceased Dad arrived to much the same stadium but to around 5k enrollment. Last night brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion.

godlluB
08-31-2014, 09:03 PM
By the way, don't be too hard on the blue hairs. If it weren't for their loyalty in showing up for games when we SUCKED, NONE of the expansions would have ever been built. They are the base it has all been built on. Cherish them, don't blast them. FYI: I'm 50 and my hair has been blue/grey for 20 years. I arrived on campus to a dilapidated 30k seat stadium with no lights. The enrollment was less than 13k. My recently deceased Dad arrived to much the same stadium but to around 5k enrollment. Last night brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion.

This. My biggest fear with the recent success of MSU athletics is that those of us who bought season tickets for a decade or more and sat through the 40 point blowouts won't be able to afford to go to the games anymore once we become more successful and the wealthier folks suddenly decide it's worth their time. (This is also my concern with the new baseball stadium and the changes to LFL).

Offshore Dawg
09-01-2014, 07:14 AM

Some people just don't understand ( and I hope they never experience it ) what those of us over 50 have had to go through as Dawg fans.
I feel exactly the same way you do.

Schultzy
09-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Very nice pics, Beardo. Talked to some people who were in the Loge section and they are pumped about it. Having the north end zone is great but that we went first class with it could elevate our program.

Everyone can be proud of our stadium now on a much higher level and it has to be a big help in recruiting as well.

DLGDawg
09-01-2014, 08:13 AM
That is my hope also offshore. I'm 46 and remember just not that many years ago we would have beaten usm 17-3???
I hear the argument that Mullen can't get us to the next level. That is debatable for sure and is yet to be known. But...as we take steps as a program....climbing those first couple of steps is not that hard. But to reach that proverbial next step we may have to walk along a flat surface and maintain our balance to not fall back before climbing higher.

As I sat in the stadium Saturday night I was filled with emotion. My brother (who died last year at the age of 50) and I had talked for years about how awesome it would be to bowl in one end of the stadium. And it was/is. Just frickin awesome to sit there and look at. We have come a long way since I was there in the late 80's/early90's.

Some people just don't understand ( and I hope they never experience it ) what those of us over 50 have had to go through as Dawg fans.
I feel exactly the same way you do.

RougeDawg
09-01-2014, 10:13 AM
I think they are talking about the blue hairs who just sit there like bumps on a log, and treat football games like they would a day on the lake fishing. The two are completely different activities and should each bring about different levels of emotion and involvement. You don't jump up and yell if you land a large mouth do you? So why would you sit with little emotion when we score a TD or our defense is in a critical third down? You may care more than anybody in the stadium, but it you sit there emotionless the entire game, you look like you couldn't give a shit if you were there or home on your couch. That's what we are saying. Get up and get involved in the game. I honestly think all the years of losing have put most of the over 50 crowd in a submissive state of mind, and they forgot how to get loud and into the game. I'm sure most of you are married and have heard this before, but sometimes just saying that you care doesn't cut it.

Dog316
09-01-2014, 10:36 AM
I think they are talking about the blue hairs who just sit there like bumps on a log, and treat football games like they would a day on the lake fishing. The two are completely different activities and should each bring about different levels of emotion and involvement. You don't jump up and yell if you land a large mouth do you? So why would you sit with little emotion when we score a TD or our defense is in a critical third down? You may care more than anybody in the stadium, but it you sit there emotionless the entire game, you look like you couldn't give a shit if you were there or home on your couch. That's what we are saying. Get up and get involved in the game. I honestly think all the years of losing have put most of the over 50 crowd in a submissive state of mind, and they forgot how to get loud and into the game. I'm sure most of you are married and have heard this before, but sometimes just saying that you care doesn't cut it.

^^^^^^^

This is a sick mindless post. Immature and ridiculous for reasons to obvious to post.

RougeDawg
09-01-2014, 11:19 AM
^^^^^^^

This is a sick mindless post. Immature and ridiculous for reasons to obvious to post.

Immature and ridiculous to expect fans to get up and yell during a game, and not sit on their asses as if they offering plate is coming down the aisle?

You are a moron if you cannot understand the difference in church and a SEC football stadium. This mentality is the reason our program has been left in the dust for so long. Up until the last 20 years of MSU football this was the mentality in the stadium. Oh, it's Saturday, lets all go over to the game and watch like church mice, then go back home after the game. This was the LT mentality and thinking that held us back for so long. Now we have loud music, a fun football team, expansions and $ flying around like crazy, and we still have fans that sit there emotionless. Everything we do as fans influences the program. I'm sorry if you are to thick headed to understand that. Just go read what recruits talk about. They almost always fail to mention the collective group of blue hairs that sat on their asses the entire game.

TUSK
09-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Immature and ridiculous to expect fans to get up and yell during a game, and not sit on their asses as if they offering plate is coming down the aisle?

You are a moron if you cannot understand the difference in church and a SEC football stadium. This mentality is the reason our program has been left in the dust for so long. Up until the last 20 years of MSU football this was the mentality in the stadium. Oh, it's Saturday, lets all go over to the game and watch like church mice, then go back home after the game. This was the LT mentality and thinking that held us back for so long. Now we have loud music, a fun football team, expansions and $ flying around like crazy, and we still have fans that sit there emotionless. Everything we do as fans influences the program. I'm sorry if you are to thick headed to understand that. Just go read what recruits talk about. They almost always fail to mention the collective group of blue hairs that sat on their asses the entire game.

go easy, bro, a lot of those "blue hairs" may have helped pay for the swanky new digs...

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 11:32 AM

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, my grandfather has donated a ton of money to MSU and he is now 92 years old and has 2 knee replacements. If he wants to sit and watch the game, I'm cool with it. He has earned that right. Now, if he was to start yelling at people to quit standing or anything like that, it would be different...but he doesn't. I think you're failing to put yourself in the "blue hairs" shoes when making these comments.

RougeDawg
09-01-2014, 11:41 AM
I see what you're saying, but at the same time, my grandfather has donated a ton of money to MSU and he is now 92 years old and has 2 knee replacements. If he wants to sit and watch the game, I'm cool with it. He has earned that right. Now, if he was to start yelling at people to quit standing or anything like that, it would be different...but he doesn't. I think you're failing to put yourself in the "blue hairs" shoes when making these comments.

I know the difference in someone able to stand and sitting and someone not able to move well, due to age or other reason, not standing up. I get that. I'm generalizing the ones who can move around well, but choose not to get involved. Had a good bit of them sitting around me Sat night. One was getting pissed because everyone around him was standing most of the game.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 11:50 AM
One was getting pissed because everyone around him was standing most of the game.

Now THIS^, I cannot stand