PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'll be the one to start the Uniform thread...

CadaverDawg
08-31-2014, 05:46 PM
The uniforms were awesome. It would be fantastic if we stuck with these and didn't go back to the Maxi-helmets. Grasshopper, please make these permanent.

TheRef
08-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Nick Griffin said that the players want to keep playing in this jersey.

godlluB
08-31-2014, 05:51 PM
I do wish they'd change to font for the players' names on the backs of the jerseys. The print was kind of small and difficult to read. Other than that, I liked them.

msstate7
08-31-2014, 05:56 PM
I hate the logo on our helmets.

yjnkdawg
08-31-2014, 06:12 PM
Next to the ones we had, in the 1990's, when Jackie was coach, those last night are the definitley the best. I agree with the tweaking, as indicated above. Our colors are Maroon and White.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2014, 06:21 PM
I loved the uniforms. The only thing I'd change is to go back to the matte helmets (no stripe, obviously). I loved the white face-masks with the matte maroon.

HoopsDawg
08-31-2014, 06:22 PM
I loved the uniforms. The only thing I'd change is to go back to the matte helmets (no stripe, obviously). I loved the white face-masks with the matte maroon.

matte sucks.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2014, 06:26 PM
matte sucks.

Well.....

http://media.giphy.com/media/94l4yeqBnQqRi/giphy.gif

;)

Reason2succeed
08-31-2014, 06:27 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this thread and started another one. But I like this uniform minus the extra stripe on the sleeve and the Mstate on the pants. I guess when it comes to the uniform I like the classic style. Glad to hear that Nick Griffin and players agrees.

DudyDawg
08-31-2014, 06:29 PM
I thought the pants were cool. Maybe would rather see just the single maroon stripe down the side or something, but I liked them pretty well. If we wear different jerseys, so be it, but keep the same shade of maroon.

HailState39110
08-31-2014, 06:32 PM
I think we were going after the late 90s look with the stripes on the shoulders and the white face mask barring the MJU logo. Would love to keep these

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2014, 06:54 PM
You clearly haven't read Armchair QB yet. I specifically mentioned this. By far the best jerseys since the end of the Nike-JWS jerseys. If these aren't permanent moving forward, outside of the Egg Bowl gimmick jerseys, Stricklin should be shot. No more aTm clone jerseys.

Bully041184
08-31-2014, 07:01 PM
You clearly haven't read Armchair QB yet. I specifically mentioned this. By far the best jerseys since the end of the Nike-JWS jerseys. If these aren't permanent moving forward, outside of the Egg Bowl gimmick jerseys, Stricklin should be shot. No more aTm clone jerseys.

Agreeeeed!

bulldawg28
08-31-2014, 07:15 PM
I know they're supposedly for the anniversary Game but has heard about these being permanent.

smootness
08-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Loved them, we looked like the late 90s defense running around last night. Only tweaks I would make would be to remove or lessen the banner logo on the front (won't happen), make the sleeve stripes smaller, and take away the black trim.

shoeless joe
08-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Loved them, we looked like the late 90s defense running around last night. Only tweaks I would make would be to remove or lessen the banner logo on the front (won't happen), make the sleeve stripes smaller, and take away the black trim.

The black trim is what makes it look so much like the late 90s unis. These HAVE to become permanent. If not it is a disgrace. Last nite was the first time in 11 years we actually looked like mississippi state.

bulldawg28
08-31-2014, 08:31 PM
It took me back. Some of the players looked just like former ones in those unis it was sweet.

Dawg496
08-31-2014, 08:36 PM
The uniform looked fantastic. We should definitely stick with it for the rest of the year and beyond. Make it our distinct look.

ScoobaDawg
08-31-2014, 08:40 PM
loved them especially since Hail State was not allowed on the front.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2014, 08:41 PM

You ain't lyin. +1

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2014, 08:55 PM

http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

cbrunt29
08-31-2014, 09:02 PM
If we could take the pants with the stripe and put it with last nights jersey and helmet it would be freakin awesome. But even with the MState on the pants, it still looks better than what we have now. We need to all tweet Strick to make this happen

drummerdawg
08-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Last nite was the first time in 11 years we actually looked like mississippi state.

I made the same statement last night.

Pollodawg
08-31-2014, 09:10 PM
It's been said over and over, but I'll say it still again. We looked like MSU last night for the first time since Nike. And I loved ever second of it. If these aren't permanent, it's a damn shame.

Statefan
08-31-2014, 09:30 PM
These jerseys are so phenomenally better than the garbage striped jerseys we usually wear

Everyone contact Stricklin about them. We will finally find out this week how many f's he gives about fan input on jerseys

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2014, 10:23 PM
These jerseys are so phenomenally better than the garbage striped jerseys we usually wear

Everyone contact Stricklin about them. We will finally find out this week how many f's he gives about fan input on jerseys

If statements attributed to Nick Griffin are accurate, players can be included too. Seems like EVERYONE loves these uniforms.

quickstrike2
08-31-2014, 10:32 PM
I absolutely loved them, like many have said our best look since before Russell athletic. I really hope they become permanent, love the helmet back with the white face masks. I know we have done the white with the matte and I like it, but prefer the shiny. I tweeted Strick, hopefully it will help.

Todd4State
08-31-2014, 10:46 PM
If statements attributed to Nick Griffin are accurate, players can be included too. Seems like EVERYONE loves these uniforms.

Well there goes the "players love the uniforms that are ugly and everyone hates" party line from the AD.

Todd4State
08-31-2014, 10:47 PM
The black trim is what makes it look so much like the late 90s unis. These HAVE to become permanent. If not it is a disgrace. Last nite was the first time in 11 years we actually looked like mississippi state.

Amen brother.

Now all we need is Adidas to come up with their own version of the interlocking MSU.

Todd4State
08-31-2014, 10:54 PM

First of all, I loved what we wore against USM just be clear for the record. I could have done without the M-State on the pants, but beggars can't be choosers at this point.

Now that said, I'm pretty sure no matter what we say that:

1. We're stuck with whatever for this year. Which is most likely what we had last year. Now that said, if we want the uniforms that we wore on Sat., it's most likely going to have to wait until next year if it happens at all.

2. I have a suspicion that the M-State logo is really a tribute to LT from the MSU AD and we could get the interlocking MSU back if we really wanted to, or Adidas could come up with their own version of an Inter-locking MSU. Now, granted- that is a conspiracy theory on my part. But all I'm saying is there still some LT people around in the AD dept. who probably look up to him and think highly of him (including Scott) and it's not like Nike is making a ton of money off of the interlocking MSU. The M-State logo and "brand" was LT's pet project thing.

MSU officials have heard from us for YEARS on this issue. There is absolutely no way they don't know that the fans like the late 1990's uniforms best in general. They just don't care.

Dawg61
08-31-2014, 11:15 PM
Uniforms are better but they still suck because they have the hideous Mississippi State Legal Banner across the chest. GET RID OF THAT LOGO ON UNIFORMS! A simple MSU is all that is needed there. Till that logo gets removed all further uniforms will suck with it on there. 2c

STATEBALLIN
08-31-2014, 11:28 PM

This 👆 x 1,000,000

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2014, 12:23 AM
First of all, I loved what we wore against USM just be clear for the record. I could have done without the M-State on the pants, but beggars can't be choosers at this point.

1. We're stuck with whatever for this year. Which is most likely what we had last year. Now that said, if we want the uniforms that we wore on Sat., it's most likely going to have to wait until next year if it happens at all.

2. I have a suspicion that the M-State logo is really a tribute to LT from the MSU AD and we could get the interlocking MSU back if we really wanted to, or Adidas could come up with their own version of an Inter-locking MSU. Now, granted- that is a conspiracy theory on my part. But all I'm saying is there still some LT people around in the AD dept. who probably look up to him and think highly of him (including Scott) and it's not like Nike is making a ton of money off of the interlocking MSU. The M-State logo and "brand" was LT's pet project thing.

MSU officials have heard from us for YEARS on this issue. There is absolutely no way they don't know that the fans like the late 1990's uniforms best in general. They just don't care.

Nailed it. Stricklin would rather be "trendy" than listen to the fan base. Look no further than the "First Down Bulldogs....Hail State" garbage they're trying to force. I like Hail State in moderation. It's perfect for a victory slogan and Twitter hashtags. But splattering it all over our uniforms, the field, the stadium, and frankly anywhere Stricklin can slap it is overkill. We aren't the Mississippi State Hail States. We're the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

It's funny you mentioned LT and the M-banner. As I was walking into DWS last night, ol' LT walked right past with a couple of clingers. I'm assuming they were SEC officials of some sort. Unsurprisingly, he had his patented scowl working.

drunkernhelldawg
09-01-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm with the crowd this time. Loved the hell out of the uniforms. Personally, I like that it says Mississippi State on the front. The colors are perfect. I actually like the shoulder stripes. Gotta look at the pants more closely to see what everybody's talking about there.

Dawgface
09-01-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm with the crowd this time. Loved the hell out of the uniforms. Personally, I like that it says Mississippi State on the front. The colors are perfect. I actually like the shoulder stripes. Gotta look at the pants more closely to see what everybody's talking about there.

Just shows people have different taste when it comes to uniform styles. Some like the stripes, some don't. Some like the interlocking logo, some like M-State. Me......I'm fine with what we have, but if they decided to switch to what we had the other night, that would be ok too. I just wish we would stick with something instead of changing every other year or so.

DanDority
09-01-2014, 08:55 AM

Totally agree! Get rid of this and they were great!

Reason2succeed
09-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Uniforms are better but they still suck because they have the hideous Mississippi State Legal Banner across the chest. GET RID OF THAT LOGO ON UNIFORMS! A simple MSU is all that is needed there. Till that logo gets removed all further uniforms will suck with it on there. 2c

The problem with MSU is that it also stands for Michigan State, Minnesota State, Montana State, Massachusetts State, Missouri State, etc. I like spelling out Mississippi State just fine.

As far as the Hail State I wasn't there so I can't speak to the forcing the first down Hail State cheer but we must remember that we share maroon and white with A&M, we share bulldogs with Georgia and that's just in the SEC. As far as the Go State, how many "State" universities are out there? Pretty much one or two for every state in the country. I understand the branding they are trying to do.

Statefan
09-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Saw a rumor on SPS that we may have ordered white jerseys in the same style

cbrunt29
09-01-2014, 09:17 AM
HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD LOOK AWESOME

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 09:21 AM
The problem with MSU is that it also stands for Michigan State, Minnesota State, Montana State, Massachusetts State, Missouri State, etc. I like spelling out Mississippi State just fine.

As far as the Hail State I wasn't there so I can't speak to the forcing the first down Hail State cheer but we must remember that we share maroon and white with A&M, we share bulldogs with Georgia and that's just in the SEC. As far as the Go State, how many "State" universities are out there? Pretty much one or two for every state in the country. I understand the branding they are trying to do.

This is my thoughts as well. Good post.

I like the written out Mississippi State. I like "Hail State" after first downs. I love the branding to try and separate us from other MSU's and State's.

If I were to get rid of anything, it would be "Hail State" in the end zone, since we now have it on the Gridiron club roof. This is being ticky, but I thought we did a poor job with the Endzones game 1....looked incomplete to me. I wish it was solid Maroon Endzones, with Mississippi State in one end, and BULLDOGS in the other. Or at least give the white letters a large maroon outline if you aren't going to paint the Endzones maroon, so they stand out a little. It looked as if they ran out of time so they just painted plain white on the green grass and left it.

Again, being ticky, but that's what this thread is about. Ha

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 09:21 AM

I would love that.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/ncf/1999/1014/photo/1014wm.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/media/ncf/1999/1002/photo/a_miss.jpg

TheRef
09-01-2014, 09:23 AM
This is my thoughts as well. Good post.

I like the written out Mississippi State. I like "Hail State" after first downs. I love the branding to try and separate us from other MSU's and State's.

If I were to get rid of anything, it would be "Hail State" in the end zone, since we now have it on the Gridiron club roof. This is being ticky, but I thought we did a poor job with the Endzones game 1....looked incomplete to me. I wish it was solid Maroon Endzones, with Mississippi State in one end, and BULLDOGS in the other. Or at least give the white letters a large maroon outline if you aren't going to paint the Endzones maroon, so they stand out a little. It looked as if they ran out of time so they just painted plain white on the green grass and left it.

Again, being ticky, but that's what this thread is about. Ha

I don't know how it was on the SEZ, but the "Hail State" in the NEZ had a maroon outline on the letters

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't know how it was on the SEZ, but the "Hail State" in the NEZ had a maroon outline on the letters

Oh ok, well it must have been a smaller outline than past years. I still like the solid maroon background though.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2014, 09:31 AM

Just looked back at pics, and you're right...there is a thin maroon trim on the letters. My mistake. Still isn't my favorite, especially with "Hail State" written in the Endzone. But hopefully "Hail State" was just for the USM game, and it will go back to "Bulldogs" moving forward

gtowndawg
09-01-2014, 09:33 AM
in fact, I hate it.

loved everything else.

Would prefer our regular pants with the strip.

Love the jersey though.

Love the helmet, but I really like the flat maroon helmet as well.

//just getting in my two cents...

Reason2succeed
09-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Oh ok, well it must have been a smaller outline than past years. I still like the solid maroon background though.

The lack of a background color may have been due to the rain. I hate seeing field paint all over jerseys in the 2nd qtr.

If they breakout the old school white jerseys the alumni will start having orgasms in the stands.

Dawg61
09-01-2014, 11:26 PM

The problem with this is you're conceding MSU to those schools. We aren't the little guy. The little guy has to spell out their name fully so everyone knows who they are. Not us. Not if we'd just understand that and stick to it. We are MSU. Just like UCLA doesn't have to spell out fully University of California Los Angeles and USC doesn't have to spell out University of Southern California on their uniforms MSU doesn't have to spell out Mississippi State University on ours...except that we do. We think we are the littly guy still. This drives me crazy. FSU doesn't have to spell out Florida State University on their uniforms and there's a Fresno State University. Hell Florida State doesn't even put any school logo on their helmets. Just some Seminole arrows. Too often we play to the dumbass fan in northern Michigan that might think we are talking about Michigan State. Fu@k Michigan State. They can't have MSU and we shouldn't allow them to have it. But we do. We fold like a bunch of pussies. WE ARE MSU!!!! Say it often and always when talking about us. Be MSU. Stop with the little guy shit. PLEASE!!!!

drunkernhelldawg
09-02-2014, 01:09 AM
The problem with this is you're conceding MSU to those schools. We aren't the little guy. The little guy has to spell out their name fully so everyone knows who they are. Not us. Not if we'd just understand that and stick to it. We are MSU. Just like UCLA doesn't have to spell out fully University of California Los Angeles and USC doesn't have to spell out University of Southern California on their uniforms MSU doesn't have to spell out Mississippi State University on ours...except that we do. We think we are the littly guy still. This drives me crazy. FSU doesn't have to spell out Florida State University on their uniforms and there's a Fresno State University. Hell Florida State doesn't even put any school logo on their helmets. Just some Seminole arrows. Too often we play to the dumbass fan in northern Michigan that might think we are talking about Michigan State. Fu@k Michigan State. They can't have MSU and we shouldn't allow them to have it. But we do. We fold like a bunch of pussies. WE ARE MSU!!!! Say it often and always when talking about us. Be MSU. Stop with the little guy shit. PLEASE!!!!

I know what MSU means, but I like the words "Mississippi State" on our jerseys. This little guy and big guy stuff is not a factor. They all have a name. Ours is Mississippi State. MSU, State, Dawgs, and some other names are great too. But Mississippi State is the bottom line name we go by. I lke it.

Reason2succeed
09-02-2014, 04:09 AM
I know what MSU means, but I like the words "Mississippi State" on our jerseys. This little guy and big guy stuff is not a factor. They all have a name. Ours is Mississippi State. MSU, State, Dawgs, and some other names are great too. But Mississippi State is the bottom line name we go by. I lke it.

Exactly, we aren't conceding MSU to anyone. But we are building our brand even further. Even McDonald's put their name on their buildings and products. Yes, later you may only see the arch some places but you still have to spell it out at critical times. I believe that Mississippi State should stay on the players' chest.

By the way, Michigan State spells out Michigan State on their players' chest too.

Offshore Dawg
09-02-2014, 05:22 AM
WOW!!! this is the second time this year that the vast majority of this board is agreeing. I love the old style.

The other was about the new "DNF". And I concur also on both as the best improvements.

Dawg61
09-02-2014, 07:38 AM

I could probably like it better if they'd change the font or look of it. I hate the Business Letterhead look. Despise it

Bubb Rubb
09-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Just looked back at pics, and you're right...there is a thin maroon trim on the letters. My mistake. Still isn't my favorite, especially with "Hail State" written in the Endzone. But hopefully "Hail State" was just for the USM game, and it will go back to "Bulldogs" moving forward

I don't believe we've had "Bulldogs" in our endzone since 2012.

SignalToNoise
09-02-2014, 07:58 AM
I saw tweets from MSU Equipment yesterday (or maybe it was Sunday) that they plan to use these jerseys again. But! The original plan was only to wear these for one game, an only one game worth was ordered. The jerseys are made over seas and have a lengthy factory lead time, which would make it difficult to get more.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I skimmed the thread and didn't see it mentioned, so thought I would add it.