PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have issues with SECN on DirecTV?

Jacksondevildog
08-31-2014, 05:05 PM
I saw people on Facebook complaining about how our game wasn't on and they had DirecTV.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2014, 05:18 PM
It was with the delay in the auburn pig game. Pushed us to the 611-1 alternate sec channel on directv......that doesn't exist. I talked to directv and the person I talked to said they didn't have a 611-1 in their lineup.

Jacksondevildog
08-31-2014, 05:20 PM
So is this something that they plan on adding when they tell us to switch to an alternate channel that doesn't exist? Sounds like Comcast customer service.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Who knows.

godlluB
08-31-2014, 05:25 PM
Changing the channel mid-game really sucks for those of us who are recording the game to watch later. Even though I was at the game, I always record them and watch them again later. I did catch most of the replay this morning, but they cut chunks of the game out to fit into a 2 hour time
slot.

Sucks.

Offshore Dawg
08-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Look; ATT-UVERSE covered this with several extra channels. I would expect DTV to do the same, now that this crap happened the first weekend. However let this happen to LSU or BAMA and see how soon this shit gets fixed.

yjnkdawg
08-31-2014, 05:56 PM
It may be that Directv, in the deal, didn't pick up SEC Network +, which should have the alternate channels. I called Directv and really got no clear explanation on why the 611-1 alternate channel was not available.

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2014, 06:58 PM
This happened to both DTV & Comcrap customers. That shit better get fixed this week.

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Look; ATT-UVERSE covered this with several extra channels. I would expect DTV to do the same, now that this crap happened the first weekend. However let this happen to LSU or BAMA and see how soon this shit gets fixed.

I was thinking this exact same thing last night. If they even threatened to do this with bama they'd have mike slive himself handling the situation.

Bully041184
08-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Hey at least you guys get the channel in HD. Time Warner up here in Cincinnati only offers in SD...effing stone age. Also I can't stream any SECN game on watch ESPN either.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2014, 07:46 PM

First of all, Bama and LSU would NEVEr get their game booted off for another game even if it was already a blowout. So, you're right. This would never happen to them.

yjnkdawg
08-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Might be interesting if they don't get it fixed by next Saturday, because the SEC Network is supposed to be broadcasting Alabama and Tennessee's games at the same time and then mid afternoon, Florida and Arkansas' games at the same time. It seems that Directv thinks that the alternative channels are the SEC Network's responsibility and vice versa. What else is new?

BoomBoom
08-31-2014, 08:30 PM
I've been saying for awhile that Directv is the new At&t. Billing shenanegans to trick you into higher bills is the priority. Quality is not.

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2014, 08:53 PM
I've been saying for awhile that Directv is the new At&t. Billing shenanegans to trick you into higher bills is the priority. Quality is not.

Not a surprise considering AT&T bought DTV.