PDA

View Full Version : After week one, what team on our schedule scares you the most?

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2014, 04:13 PM
After what I saw it has to be A&M followed by LSU. I'm not sure if the aggies are that good, SC that bad, or somewhere in between. My guess is somewhere in between but how far that scale is one way or the other remains to be seen. Time will tell. I say LSU second because they were able to rally and beat a good Wisconsin team. Now, by saying they scare me the most doesn't mean I don't think we stand a chance against either. I think we can beat them both. They just look to be the most formidable teams on our schedule. Alabama was far from impressive and auburn struggled with an improved but still bad Arkansas team. Tsun is a dumpster fire waiting to happen, Vandy already is a dumpster fire, and UK is still not very good. Remaining ooc is no competition and not worth listing individually.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Anybody that doesn't say A&M, is lying

Todd4State
08-31-2014, 04:30 PM
I would say A&M as well. I think Arkansas will be better than they were last year, but we should still win at home.

I may be in the minority, but I think Kentucky is also improved. They don't scare me- but they're still probably better than last year.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2014, 04:32 PM
None of them. Our team is talented enough that if we execute and do what we are supposed to do we can beat everyone on our schedule. The team that scares me is us.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2014, 04:33 PM
I would say A&M as well. I think Arkansas will be better than they were last year, but we should still win at home.

I may be in the minority, but I think Kentucky is also improved. They don't scare me- but they're still probably better than last year.

Totally agree about Kentucky.

thf24
08-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Anybody that doesn't say A&M, is lying

I agree, simply because most of us have been calling it a probable win, while even the most woolly among us were calling LSU a tossup and 'Bama a probable loss at best.

I still want to see them play a few more games before making a judgement though. They're back to purely Sumlin's system, and while Hill looks to be a perfect fit for it, I don't think he's going to run around and work miracles when plays break down like JFF. Also, South Carolina's pass D was inept, and A&M isn't going to be able to sustain success throwing 60 times a game week in and week out in the SEC.

Vandelay Industries
08-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Agree with A&M and then LSU. I think we can beat everyone, we have to prove it in 3 weeks @LSU

Reason2succeed
08-31-2014, 04:36 PM
ANY TEAM we don't come prepared to play. The 1st Qtr was so helter-skelter that any team worth anything could have capitalized on our lack of execution.

More specifically, LSU because they are so resilient. We will have to beat them all the way to the closing bell in order to escape death valley with a win. Wisconsin let up an inch and the Bayou Bengals took it a mile.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2014, 04:44 PM
Uh....I'd say every SEC game not named Kentucky, Vandy, or Arky. I know Arky has gotten better, but we've got them at home, and I still expect us to win going away.

I'm very high on this team, but I'm not one for not acknowledging that though we've take a big step forward this year, so have a few other SEC teams. it'll be tough to beat them without our A-game; pretty much, the same as it's always been - that's why we play in the greatest conference in America. That said, I definitely see sever teams as "more beatable" than in years past (e.g., LSU, Bama, Auby).

Ultimately, I think we need to go into every SEC game expecting a dog fight, not overlooking anything, and treating it as if it is our rivalry game. We do that, and I think we can have a great year.