PDA

View Full Version : SEC Football thoughts after Week 1

Coach34
08-31-2014, 12:32 PM
SEC West:

1. Alabammer- this team may be the worst Saban has had in awhile. Awesome RB's, good WR's, and a good OL will be held back by the lack of a QB and Lane Kiffin. Dayummmmm I wish we played them in Sville this year. They will still be good- but this is the weakest they have been in awhile.

2. LSU- same thing- vulnerable. Still lots of talent- but it is young. Gonna be damn war in Tiger stadium. They could easily lose 4-5 SEC games this year. Bama, State, A&M, Auburn, possibly Fla on the road. Bum Phillips say- Lester gonna catch more hell than a little bit come November

3. Auburn- played better in the 2nd half but still look vulnerable on D. Offense is obviously good as it will always be with the Gus Bus running the show.

4. UPig- 21 points on Auburn and ran it effectively in the 1st half....what happened at halftime Bert?? Nice job of throwing yourself out of a game in the 2nd half- pick 6 down 7 ended any chance they had. UPig is improved but still dont have enough weapons to beat anybody thats any good upfront.

5. Ole Missus- looked solid on D- still some questions about that front stopping the run. Secondary looked great as expected. Bo Dirt looked very average with bad decisions as expected, average RB's as expected, and alot of questions on the OL- as expected.

6. A&M- looked better than expected. Dangerous offense was even more dangerous. D was slightly better but still had alot of holes. Spurrier panicked and left some points on the field for sure. Cant do that against them. Thank goodness we have 2 weeks to get ready for them. We'll need it.

SEC East:

It's Jawja and errybody else. Missouri might be able to do something. SC has alot of improvement to make with Georgia, Auburn, and others left on the schedule. If Richt will stay on his OC to keep giving the ball to his TB- they will win the East

CadaverDawg
08-31-2014, 12:39 PM
The table is set for us to do some eating this year in the SEC. Will we take advantage? Will the stars align? Will be fun to watch. There is no doubt though, this is the year if we're going to win the West

Maroons
08-31-2014, 01:24 PM
I watched 2 or 3 quarters of every SECW game, and it's scary how much offensive skill talent there is in the division. Bama, A&M, Auburn, and LSU all have freak athletes at RB, WR, and TE. We have our best D since '99, and it's still going to be really difficult to stop these teams.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2014, 01:51 PM
I watched 2 or 3 quarters of every SECW game, and it's scary how much offensive skill talent there is in the division. Bama, A&M, Auburn, and LSU all have freak athletes at RB, WR, and TE. We have our best D since '99, and it's still going to be really difficult to stop these teams.

It will also be hard for them to stop us and our D is better then every one of those teams you named. Also the thing I noticed last night during the Wiscy-LSU game was they didn't start being able to run the football until two of Wiscy's starting DL went down where they replaced them with true freshmen. Our DL is better then Wiscy's. I think we will be able to stop LSU's run game and we have a much better balanced offense then Wiscy does. I think this is definitely the year we beat LSU fellas. I am glad LSU came back to win that game. I think it is much more likely for them to overlook us now since the next week they go to Auburn.

Schultzy
08-31-2014, 02:27 PM

Arkansas' rushing game is impressive, they may not throw four passes against UM.

The WR for Auburn, Duke, is a freakshow.

Johnson85
08-31-2014, 02:34 PM
The sec is lacking a dominant team this year. Auburn, lsu, and bama are good but have weak spots. A&M could be the best team in the west. Depends on how much of Thursdays night results are due to their d being improved and how much are due to usc's offense being bad.

That said, the west is still probably going to have 4 top 20 teams, maybe 4 top 15 teams. I think I'd put msu as second if we were in the east behind uga, but the west is a different baggage.