PDA

View Full Version : This does not make sense

1bigdawg
08-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Dak Prescott should not be the holder for FGs and EPs.

1. We obviously need more practice reps at this and the starting QB has to practice with the offense.

2. He could get hurt.

3. A walk on QB should be able to do the job just as well or better because of more reps and also be a threat to fake.

Political Hack
08-31-2014, 10:24 AM
agree. although it's likely too late to change now.

TheRef
08-31-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm sure what they do is have the kickers be held by all of the QBs and whichever one they feel best with is the holder.

SheltonChoked
08-31-2014, 10:33 AM
I'd rather see a wr holding. Let Myles or another for wr hold.

Political Hack
08-31-2014, 11:30 AM
I'd rather see Dicenzo Miller hold.

I like a QB holding for the fake possibility. They line up in a "go for 2" formation every time and make a team spend time practicing for that each week. The more stupid crap you can do like that, the more stupid crap the other team has to prep for.

aerodawg
08-31-2014, 12:31 PM
This is exactly what they did and they chose Dak.

That one attempt last night wasn't indicative of anything going forward. Wet field, meh snap, and slight mishandled by Dak screwed up the timing for a 40 yard field goal. That's not a chipshot. I have talked shit about every kicker we have had dating back to Carlson in 2007, but I place little to no blame on Graves for that miss last night. Not saying we won't completely suck, just that nothing can be inferred from that one attempt.

smootness
08-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Why shouldn't he be? He seems good at it and has been doing it for a while now. The kickers are comfortable with him holding, and he knows what he's doing.

I can't remember ever seeing a holder get hurt in the history of watching football.

hailmari
08-31-2014, 01:19 PM
I'd rather see Dicenzo Miller hold.

I like a QB holding for the fake possibility. They line up in a "go for 2" formation every time and make a team spend time practicing for that each week. The more stupid crap you can do like that, the more stupid crap the other team has to prep for.

I love the way you worded that last sentence. Spot on.