PDA

View Full Version : Tubby and Holloway fielding punts

Bo Darville
08-31-2014, 07:46 AM
We are a major SEC program and evidently have nobody that can field a punt. I'm not concerned with actually running with the ball AFTER it is caught. We cannot make the proper decision on catch and run, fair catch, or let bounce. Tubby and Holloway look like lost balls in high weeds.

It is going to cost us a game. We lost about 70 yards in field position on 3 punts last year against Bama because Tubby would let one roll for 20-25 yards that he should fair catch. Tubby fair caught a line drive against TSUN on the 5 instead of letting it go in the end zone. That resulted in us punting from the end zone with the punter only 12 yards back which resulted in a block and an Ole Miss touchdown.

I haven't returned punts in 25 years but I promise you I could make decisions and then field the ball better than these guys, and I'm in my 40's. It is terrible. Tubby totally doesn't understand the concept and Holloway can't catch. It was horrible last year and looked no better tonight.

Political Hack
08-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Redmond will be able to help there when be gets his finger well.

Bo Darville
08-31-2014, 08:50 AM
I hope so Hack. The returning isn't the problem. It's the decision making and catching that is bad. I would love to give someone else a shot.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2014, 09:07 AM
I want Holloway to go run track.

Leroy Jenkins
08-31-2014, 10:03 AM
CDM postgame, "The one thing we did really poorly is field punts."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXClfhKQTnk