PDA

View Full Version : Two things I hope we change:

sbcmortgageman
08-31-2014, 07:30 AM
1. Never line up under center for four straight plays in the red zone. That was pretty bad.

2. Never swap out our whole offense on the 3rd series again. It completely took us out of a rhythm and you can't do that against a good team.

BulldogDX55
08-31-2014, 07:42 AM
2. Never swap out our whole offense on the 3rd series again. It completely took us out of a rhythm and you can't do that against a good team.

That happened because Mullen was angry about the results from #1. I doubt you'll ever see that happen against an opponent with a pulse.

MetEdDawg
08-31-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm with Bulldog DX55 on this one. I think he was pissed at the effort on the goal line and tried to wake the first team up by subbing in the 2nd team. I don't see why so many think he was being arrogant and thought we had the game won so he was just going to sub the whole 2nd team offense in. It was definitely an attempt to wake the guys up. I also agree you will never see that against a decent team. Can't waste any drive in SEC play.

bulldawg28
08-31-2014, 07:50 AM
The only thing if like to see changed is Holloway taken off punt return.

sbcmortgageman
08-31-2014, 08:14 AM
No way guys. I disagree with your theory. The goal line debacle was his fault as well. We lined up four straight plus under center. They knew what was coming. I think he planned on a full 2nd team sub on the 3rd series from the get go.

BulldogDX55
08-31-2014, 08:35 AM
No way guys. I disagree with your theory. The goal line debacle was his fault as well. We lined up four straight plus under center. They knew what was coming. I think he planned on a full 2nd team sub on the 3rd series from the get go.

Please use sarcasterisks when being sarcastic. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Either way, you're wrong. Mullen said so in the post game interview. He and Hevesy took equal credit on the sideline, and they did that as a wake up call.

Saltydog
08-31-2014, 08:36 AM
coming into the year were our kicking game and our OL.

For the kicking game, well it was a bad snap/hold so it's hard to tell if that was on the kicker or not but IMO the OL hasn't improved and may not be as good as last year. Yes we lined up and gave away what we were doing on that goal line stand but against USM we should've been able to get some push against that DL and should've scored easily. That's a major red flag!

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2014, 08:40 AM
Keep in mind that Mullen knew we were going to win this game.

We are probably trying to set some trends on the goal line in order to make team's defenses predictable. Then when we play LSU, AUB, or A&M, we can break the trend for an easy TD.

HoopsDawg
08-31-2014, 09:48 AM
That happened because Mullen was angry about the results from #1. I doubt you'll ever see that happen against an opponent with a pulse.

Mullen told the announcers that was his plan before the game. It was a reward for how hard they worked in camp. Much better to reward them in the 4th quarter when the game is in control, but whatever, sometimes Mullen gets too cute.

BeastMan
08-31-2014, 09:54 AM
The 3rd series was planned. SBC isn't wrong. It took the offense out of rhythm badly but you can afford the do that against USM. Besides just the 3rd drive, Hevesy played a ton of guys on OL.

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2014, 09:59 AM
The 3rd series was planned. SBC isn't wrong. It took the offense out of rhythm badly but you can afford the do that against USM. Besides just the 3rd drive, Hevesy played a ton of guys on OL.

Agree, just look at these first 3 games as NFL Preseason. Many people will play, and odd things will be attempted. In the 3rd game, just like NFL, our starters will play the most. Then we will go to LSU ready to win.

You don't want a team to peak too early and too much get on film. This team will build over the next 2 games.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2014, 10:00 AM
I thought the goal line play calling was suspect. No creativity. Shit, we didn't even really run Dak down there. I thought if we would have at least run some read option we would have been better. That was definitely an area we missed Shump last night. Also, weren't all 11 of their guys crashing the middle? It doesn't take a genius to figure out it's hard for five to block 11. But I digress. These are things we will figure out with more practice and the season progressing.

aerodawg
08-31-2014, 12:56 PM
Well either it was planned or Dave Neal and Andre Ware are lying assholes because they said that it was planned. Might wanna be a little more sure of yourself before calling someone out. Coachspeak is coachspeak after a game.

sbcmortgageman
08-31-2014, 06:58 PM
Please use sarcasterisks when being sarcastic. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Either way, you're wrong. Mullen said so in the post game interview. He and Hevesy took equal credit on the sideline, and they did that as a wake up call.

Dude not arguing but you're definitely wrong. It was planned to let them go in 3rd series. If I needed sarcasterics, I'd use them.

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2014, 07:03 PM

I disagree about why that happened. It was pre-planned that the #2 O was getting the third series regardless of what was happening. I was ok with it. But I do agree that isn't happening against an opponent that has any real chance to win.

Pokerdawg44
08-31-2014, 07:05 PM
1. Never line up under center for four straight plays in the red zone. That was pretty bad.

I can remember when Jackie did this on 2nd series of every game. Never liked it. Of course back then the back upp qb was always more popular than the starter.