PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thought...

sleepy dawg
08-31-2014, 01:29 AM
Saying "Hail State" after each first down sounded g*y as f*ck? Reminds me way too much of Ole Miss...

It also drives me crazy that more people participated in that (and the pick the cowbell game) than they did making any kind of a noise while we were on defense... except the students who actually were making some good noise while we were on D.

That's pretty much the only thing I could find to complain about. Stadium kicks ass. Less and quieter commercials kicked ass.

FlabLoser
08-31-2014, 01:32 AM
Too many recognitions for shit. Everybody gets a trophy.

Bothrops
08-31-2014, 01:35 AM
I thought the crowds in the grandstands were too soft. The student endzone was great.

sleepy dawg
08-31-2014, 01:38 AM
I thought the crowds in the grandstands were too soft. The student endzone was great.

I completely agree. The folks around my new seats are even worse than my last seats. I feel like.... check that, I was the only person yelling around me at very critical times of the game. I even had people turning around staring at me because I was actually yelling while we were on defense. My new seats (although much better location) are apparently in the wife gossip area where chit chatting is way more important that watching the game.

BulldogBear
08-31-2014, 01:59 AM
Jury still out with me on first down stuff. I don't think it's terrible but it did irritate the crap outa me once late in the game when it freaking interrupted the M. S. U. fanfare and more people yelled "Hail State" than "U."

scottycameron
08-31-2014, 09:29 AM
I don't like it. Better than ole missus but just don't like that gay crap in general. As far as the yelling goes everybody was into it pretty good as far as I could tell, considering. Don't be that guy who won't STFU no matter what. It's USM, it's a blowout, take a couple plays off, relax.

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2014, 09:35 AM
I like the "Hail State" after 1st downs. What makes Ole Miss' sound bad is that the PA announcer participates in saying it. If it's crowd led, then I'm good.

UMCDawg16
08-31-2014, 10:01 AM
I like it.

SheltonChoked
08-31-2014, 10:04 AM
It sounds great on tv. We should keep it.

MaroonState
08-31-2014, 10:21 AM
It sounds great on tv. We should keep it.

It sounds good. I like it. Ole miss didn't originate that so don't worry about being a copycat. I know Bama says roll tide after first downs and it sounds good on tv. Not sure about other schools.

Liverpooldawg
08-31-2014, 11:04 AM
There is nothing wrong with that. I thought it sounded great.

hailmari
08-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Just about every stadium in America has some kind of a first down chant. No big deal. I'm glad it finally caught on, we need more than just cowbell ringing.

aerodawg
08-31-2014, 12:39 PM
I think you may have expected a bit much against a team that everyone expects to rout. The crowd was good for the first game against a far inferior opponent. People aren't going to get intense in a game like that. If there were any actual "critical plays" there would be more intensity along with being pissed off that there is a critical play against a team like that.