PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we host Gameday this year

Quaoarsking
08-30-2014, 11:08 PM
10/4 against Texas A&M seems like a good chance if we beat LSU. Ole Miss has already anointed itself at the host for that weekend, but if we and A&M are both undefeated, we might slip in ahead of them.

10/11 against Auburn also seems like a possibility if we're at least 4-1 and Auburn is undefeated.

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 11:11 PM
10/4 against Texas A&M seems like a good chance if we beat LSU. Ole Miss has already anointed itself at the host for that weekend, but if we and A&M are both undefeated, we might slip in ahead of them.

10/11 against Auburn also seems like a possibility if we're at least 4-1 and Auburn is undefeated.

Doubt it. ESPN has already come out and said that they are dying to go to Oxford, per Finebaum, so I'm sure they will go there first and that will be it for Mississippi for the year.

msstate7
08-30-2014, 11:12 PM
Doubt it. ESPN has already come out and said that they are dying to go to Oxford, per Finebaum, so I'm sure they will go there first and that will be it for Mississippi for the year.

Our boy, hud could throw a monkey wrench in that plan. I'll be pulling for him

I seen it dawg
08-30-2014, 11:14 PM

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. **

hells bells
08-30-2014, 11:15 PM

Short answer, Hell No. Rather not have them.

Coach34
08-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Auburn and A&M are great ops for it

MarketingBully01
08-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Agreed Coach. They will either be here for A&M or Auburn.

Dawgfan77
08-31-2014, 07:36 AM
We will get SEC nation one of those weekends. Should we beat LSU we would be on the radar for GD for the A&M game. Judging by what I have seen so far we stand a better chance than the Rebs. I would rather be playing UAB and USA than ULL. That ULL game would scare me if I was a Reb

MetEdDawg
08-31-2014, 07:43 AM
The week we play TAMU is Bama @ OM and LSU @ Auburn. Those would be the two frontrunners I think now.

The week we play Auburn I think we've got a really good shot except for one game. Oregon @ UCLA. If both of those teams are undefeated there's no way Gameday doesn't go to LA. Mizzou also hosts UGA that weekend but I think if we are 4-1 or 5-0 we've got a shot to host Gameday.

Political Hack
08-31-2014, 08:33 AM
Auburn @State
A&M @State

We beat LSU, A&M is possible.

JScottDova
08-31-2014, 10:25 AM

Finebaum mentioned it, but Gameday officials said LSU/Auburn would be hard to turn down. I think they are looking for reasons NOT to come to Mississippi (either school). If I were betting, I'd say LSU/Auburn will be the ticket for 10/4. If that is the case, they won't cover Auburn again the next week in Starkville and won't cover Ole Miss at A&M the same week either. 2 SEC schools back to back on Game Day hasn't happened that I know of, but I could be wrong.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2014, 10:36 AM
Finebaum mentioned it, but Gameday officials said LSU/Auburn would be hard to turn down. I think they are looking for reasons NOT to come to Mississippi (either school). If I were betting, I'd say LSU/Auburn will be the ticket for 10/4. If that is the case, they won't cover Auburn again the next week in Starkville and won't cover Ole Miss at A&M the same week either. 2 SEC schools back to back on Game Day hasn't happened that I know of, but I could be wrong.

If we beat LSU, they won't go to Auburn that weekend.

ckDOG
08-31-2014, 10:42 AM

Finebaum had a senior producer for gameday on the show Friday and I didn't get that impression at all. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said "I love Ole Miss fans the first Friday of every season. They hound us to come to Oxford every year and it's a great idea at first, then they start losing and our decision is made easier". I forget the guys name but he had a NE accent and was very candid.

BossDawg
08-31-2014, 10:49 AM

I'm almost positive that someone on Finebaum (I know they were saying this on H2H) was saying they wanted to come to State equally as bad, and that whatever weekend it was going to be would depend on the match up/rankings, etc.. I don't think a trip to Oxford is set in stone for them.

scottycameron
08-31-2014, 10:59 AM
Hell yeah we got a chance. We just have to win.

JDog13
08-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Nah we don't have a chance. We don't have Klan rallies, Confederate statues, nooses on statues, black students being harassed, gay plays being disrupted, coaches flipping the bird, coaches arguing with fans on twitter, race riots, race riots where people are killed, identity problems, white girls that swallow, frat boys getting stomped in the head by star players, players on mission trips, coaches claiming players they never coached, coaches arguing with students in the stands, players taking pictures with dudes while holding their anaconda, chandeliers in tents, rebel flags, tradishun, from dixie with love, the south will rise again, heisman bumper stickers, pre season hype, recruiting championships, felon coaches, metal bleachers, "the season", coaches assaulting cabbies, rebel compliance, Dickme Scruggs, Archie and Eli, recruits flashing cash, hookers on recruiting visits, "The Square", The Library, tip jars, Z-71's(only used mustangs), Shepard Smith and his partner, Dr. Bo Dirt, landsharts, bears, cough syrup, rebel flag parades, coaches blaming players, freshmen All Americans, 165 lb rb's, 5'8" lb's, or Cody Prewitt's hair.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2014, 07:59 PM

As noted they wont come on 10/4 due to lsu/auburn. 10/11 is the Red River Rivalry and would not surprise me if they still came with a mediocre texas team.