PDA

View Full Version : My instant take from the game

starkvegasdawg
08-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Our starters on defense are just plain filthy. They will wreak absolute havoc this season. Second unit defense still very solid but there was a drop off as you might expect. Third string defense good and could keep us in our ooc games.

First team offense is very good. Our WR corp is sick. They have the size to just manhandle smaller secondaries. JRob is going to be a beast. Nick Griffin may have lost a step but still good. When we get Shump back it will be an elite and deep group. Dak is just Dak. Did everything we expected him to do. Could have thrown for 400 yards if he wanted to. Offensive line was solid but have some things to work on. Some missed assignments didn't help.

Second team offense sputtered at times. They don't need to go in as a complete unit with a game in doubt again.

Special teams...at least we made all our XP's. Hard to blame the FG miss on Sobiesk as it was a bad snap. Still have an uneasy feeling there, though. Kick coverage was solid but nothing extra special. Kick and punt return could use some cleaning up. I remember at least two muffs.

All in all about what I expected vs USM. They are a bad team. Still don't like getting down that close and not being able to punch it in. Gotta have 7 in those situations.

SDDawg
08-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Graves missed that field goal, but agreed it was a bad snap. We have to see improvement there though, just can't stay with what we had last year.

I think the most interesting part of tonight was getting a look at USM. I expect them to win 5 or 6 games this year with their schedule, they've made strides since last year.

HoopsDawg
08-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Graves missed that field goal, but agreed it was a bad snap. We have to see improvement there though, just can't stay with what we had last year.

I think the most interesting part of tonight was getting a look at USM. I expect them to win 5 or 6 games this year with their schedule, they've made strides since last year.

It's amazing the gap between our 2 programs now. For years when I was growing up we were worse than USM or slightly better. Now it's like junior high to varsity.

PMDawg
08-30-2014, 10:51 PM

I hope they go 8-4 or better, now that its over. I know they wont, but it would be nice.

MarketingBully01
08-30-2014, 10:55 PM
They will win a few games. I will be interested how Alabama does against them.

PMDawg
08-30-2014, 11:57 PM
They will win a few games. I will be interested how Alabama does against them.

They will beat them worse than we did. Usm has nothing that can slow down alabamas RBs.