PDA

View Full Version : Every bear fan is searching P. Smiths star rating right now.

Leroy Jenkins
08-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Crutin' champs.

Coach34
08-30-2014, 09:13 PM
damn 2-star aint worth shit is he?

smootness
08-30-2014, 09:16 PM
What do Dak Prescott, Jameon Lewis, Josh Robinson, De'Runnya Wilson, Chris Jones, Preston Smith, and Benardrick McKinney have in common? Besides being probably our seven best players, they were all 2-stars when they committed to us.

Coach34
08-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Diamonds mane...diamonds

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 09:55 PM
What do Dak Prescott, Jameon Lewis, Josh Robinson, De'Runnya Wilson, Chris Jones, Preston Smith, and Benardrick McKinney have in common? Besides being probably our seven best players, they were all 2-stars when they committed to us.

Awesome post. That's incredible.

Bully Dee Williams
08-30-2014, 10:00 PM
I've always believed in Mullen's system. Bring in kids regardless of rating that will work their tails offs and build a foundation. Gradually add a few highly ranked guys and still focus on the lunch pail guys. He has built depth and developed some studs. Our players have bought in 100%. Hail State!

MetEdDawg
08-30-2014, 10:11 PM
I've always believed in Mullen's system. Bring in kids regardless of rating that will work their tails offs and build a foundation. Gradually add a few highly ranked guys and still focus on the lunch pail guys. He has built depth and developed some studs. Our players have bought in 100%. Hail State!

I've said it before and so have many others. It's hard to teach effort at the college level. The ones who are successful usually come into college with a good work ethic. Your job as a college coach is to get guys to reach their full potential mentally and physically and continue to guide them towards being the best they can. There are very few guys that come out of high school each year that are truly ready to play college football at a high level. The rest have to be taught what they must adjust and do to be successful. It's a hell of a lot easier to take a 2 star guy with 5 star attitude and effort and mold them into a successful player than to take a 4 or 5 star kid with a crappy attitude. I think we very actively search for kids that will give 110% all the time who we can mold into exactly what we think will make them successful.

This also doesn't take into consideration the number of kids that are actually on a good S&C program in high school. That's why it's hard to evaluate talent out of high school. But we've been able to do it so far under Mullen and I think we are going to watch it pay off this year.

gravedigger
08-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Out stars aren't the services stars. Said it a million times.

SDDawg
08-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Mullen is killing it. Doesn't make excuses, holds players accountable and helps them to get to the next level. Only one program on the rise!

MarketingBully01
I'd have to believe that the atmosphere at the game was awesome. The new stadium looked bad ass on the TV. Can't wait to see what the recruits say! :). We had a lot if important ones there.

HoopsDawg

That's not accurate at all.

But to the original post. Wow, Preston looks like a different player. 3 guys I heard about the most in camp: Fred Ross, Derunya Wilson and Preston Smith. They all showed why tonight.

MarketingBully01
08-30-2014, 10:20 PM
I'll say this. This is Mullen's team. It's his to take us to the next level. Excited to see how this season plays out!

SDDawg
08-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Any of you guys see Gerri Green waving a towel tonight? A man among boys, don't tell me he won't be one of the top 5 LBs in the country when it's his time to shine.

smootness
08-30-2014, 10:34 PM
That's not accurate at all.

Yes, it is. The only one I'm not sure of is Robinson, he may have been bumped up to a 3-star when he committed, but it was the night of Big Dawg, and not a lot of people had heard of him. And Chris Jones didn't even have a recruiting profile, so I guess he technically wasn't a 2-star. But it's absolutely true for the rest, and Lewis, Smith, and McKinney all finished as 2-stars as well.

SDDawg
08-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Yes, it is. The only one I'm not sure of is Robinson, he may have been bumped up to a 3-star when he committed, but it was the night of Big Dawg, and not a lot of people had heard of him. And Chris Jones didn't even have a recruiting profile, so I guess he technically wasn't a 2-star. But it's absolutely true for the rest, and Lewis, Smith, and McKinney all finished as 2-stars as well.

Just to be clear, it depends on the service you use. If you're using Rivals, I'm 99% sure that you're right. Not sure if it was the case with 247sports, but I'd be curious to know.

smootness
08-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Just to be clear, it depends on the service you use. If you're using Rivals, I'm 99% sure that you're right. Not sure if it was the case with 247sports, but I'd be curious to know.

And I use scout, or at least I did when almost all of these guys came along. So for at least scout and rivals, it is correct.

Homedawg
08-30-2014, 10:59 PM
247 wasn't aroung when those committed. Too add clausell was for sure a 2 star when he got on board and so was Day.

BulldogBear
08-31-2014, 01:56 AM
Point is Ole Miss continues to care more about perception than actual results. Some day this house of cards has to come crashing down.

Todd4State
08-31-2014, 02:23 AM
The star crap is the biggest scam out there. They like to talk about how "accurate" they are because they put a bunch of stars by Alabama, LSU, Texas, USC, Auburn, etc. recruits names. LOL.

Shocking that those guys panned out.**

Realistically they can't evaluate every player out there though. They don't have the resources to go to Pork Chop, Mississippi to rate some player. And on top of that, they don't ever evaluate character or work ethic. Plus, have no clue about projection- which is probably why the royally suck at rating o-linemen.

Todd4State
08-31-2014, 02:25 AM
Any of you guys see Gerri Green waving a towel tonight? A man among boys, don't tell me he won't be one of the top 5 LBs in the country when it's his time to shine.

If Gerri Green doesn't hurt his knee last year, he could have had a Chris Jones crazy type recruitment.

engie
08-31-2014, 07:58 AM
They never quit recruiting Gerri -- he was just always coming to State..

Political Hack
08-31-2014, 08:18 AM
They never quit recruiting Gerri -- he was just always coming to State..

going to be a BEAST!!! Everyone flipped out over CJ Johnson flipping, but no drama on this one or BMac??? And I think we know who the real 5 star defensive players are from those 3.