PDA

View Full Version : MSU and OM COULD NOT FIELD A TOP 1/3 SEC OL between them.

IMissJack
08-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes Im yelling.

Coach34
08-30-2014, 08:00 PM
we have 131 yards in the 1st half and averaging over 5 per carry...we have 296 yards before halftime...what is the problem???

Westdawg
08-30-2014, 08:23 PM
The problem had been that beckwitu for the most part has been blown up by #97 at DT. Dude is legit. Don't know who he is but he has wreaked havoc on Ben, Dillon , and senior. One of the sacks was a nasty outside stunt with #97 and the DE to his side. The rest he just blew Ben up
Looked a bit better the last two series but still taking a bit to develop.

Leroy Jenkins
08-30-2014, 08:26 PM
we have 131 yards in the 1st half and averaging over 5 per carry...we have 296 yards before halftime...what is the problem???

I think the concerning part for most people was that goal-line stand by USM. You would hope a SEC O-line could punch that in. Gotta be able to get a yard when you need a yard.

HoopsDawg
08-30-2014, 08:27 PM
The problem had been that beckwitu for the most part has been blown up by #97 at DT. Dude is legit. Don't know who he is but he has wreaked havoc on Ben, Dillon , and senior. One of the sacks was a nasty outside stunt with #97 and the DE to his side. The rest he just blew Ben up
Looked a bit better the last two series but still taking a bit to develop.

I'm going to have to re-watch the game, but Day and Beckwith have not looked good. Malone has looked really good at guard. But again, i will have to re-watch.

Coach34
good post. The penetration inside is concerning- because that is supposed to be the strength of our OL. Day's holding call was a killer.

starkvegasdawg

When we do that against a team that is not 1-23 I'll agree with you.

Coach34
08-30-2014, 08:28 PM
When we do that against a team that is not 1-23 I'll agree with you.

we have almost 400 yards at halftime- hard to be worried right now

HoopsDawg
08-30-2014, 08:29 PM
I think the concerning part for most people was that goal-line stand by USM. You would hope a SEC O-line could punch that in. Gotta be able to get a yard when you need a yard.

Our splits were way too tight on that series. Day actually blocked his man and Malone plowed his guy. But we didn't have a FB or H-back to block the USM LB. He was untouched and J-Rob couldn't make him miss. But no one really missed a block on that play. The 4th down play that is.

Coach34
08-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Our splits were way too tight on that series. Day actually blocked his man and Malone plowed his guy. But we didn't have a FB or H-back to block the USM LB. He was untouched and J-Rob couldn't make him miss. But no one really missed a block on that play. The 4th down play that is.

We had a FB- Griffin looked to the outside instead of inside for the Mike. Getting stuffed was on Griff blocking air

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 08:36 PM
What pissed me off the most, was on the designed QB draw inside the 5, we had ****ing Holloway in the backfield as a lead blocker for Dak. What. The. Absolute. ****? Shirley Mullen forgot who was in there. Too many head scratchers still

Coach34
08-30-2014, 08:48 PM
What pissed me off the most, was on the designed QB draw inside the 5, we had ****ing Holloway in the backfield as a lead blocker for Dak. What. The. Absolute. ****? Shirley Mullen forgot who was in there. Too many head scratchers still

He didnt forget at all. He was playing the 2nd group with Prescott and wasnt going to sub

The Federalist Engineer
08-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Coach banned me because I blew Bo Dirt in the SAE House

FlabLoser
08-30-2014, 11:35 PM

That play was a Oklahoma drill for J Rob. I'm disappointed he didn't get in.

IMissJack
08-31-2014, 12:52 AM
I posted this just after the goal line stand from the 4 by USM. Besides that I felt we were not really able to move them with straight ahead running. most of the running yds were to the outside or option.

Dawg61
08-31-2014, 01:34 AM
Call I wanted to see at the goaline was and will be the QB Tebow run from the shotgun. Not really a draw but when Dak has a running start he is guaranteed to get 2-3 yards. The play that Dak scored on in the Egg Bowl can't be stopped.

Dawgfan77
08-31-2014, 07:26 AM
Mullen I though got cute with the power I. Why not run out base O from the shotgun? Or play action a pass. Everyone knew we were going run it up the middle. Spread the d out and create miss matches instead we played into usm hands

Political Hack
08-31-2014, 07:35 AM
Our splits were way too tight on that series.

I'll never understand why teams change their splits at the goal line. Run the same damn offense you run 80% of the time with an extra blocker in the box, pick your lane, and kill it. If the defense chooses not to honor the splits, it makes it a walk-in TD.

I will say that against sec teams, Dak will get a carry there up the gut. The BS handoff to the up back (think it was nick) was a wasted play and them they just went on 4th down without even calling a TO to discuss it.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2014, 09:00 AM
Unfortunately these games are times to see if some of our personnel can handle certain things. Have to know what we can and can't do come the meat of the schedule. And that means doing things we won't necessarily do later in the season because we found out early that we can't do them. Hopefully that's what we are doing...

mic
08-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately these games are times to see if some of our personnel can handle certain things. Have to know what we can and can't do come the meat of the schedule. And that means doing things we won't necessarily do later in the season because we found out early that we can't do them. Hopefully that's what we are doing...

Agree