PDA

View Full Version : Bama just got a first down... half a link showing short..

ScoobaDawg
08-30-2014, 03:15 PM
wvu just got screwed.

blacklistedbully
08-30-2014, 03:16 PM
wvu just got screwed.

Guess that's a "State of Alabama" thing.

ScoobaDawg
08-30-2014, 03:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwUBxAGCEAAkeKU.jpg

blacklistedbully
08-30-2014, 03:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwUBxAGCEAAkeKU.jpg

Unlike our game vs Auburn, the angle here is such that it's at least possible it was a first down, but only if the football is enough to the left of the chain. It is clearly to the left.

ScoobaDawg
08-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Unlike our game vs Auburn, the angle here is such that it's at least possible it was a first down, but only if the football is enough to the left of the chain. It is clearly to the left.

i dont think so...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwUCsYiCQAE9dcR.jpg

blacklistedbully
08-30-2014, 03:57 PM
It really doesn't take much of an angle to show space. Try it yourself at home. Take a pencil or pen, place an object even to it, but to the left a bit, as if to show a legit first down, then move your head to the side. It won't take much of a move to see daylight.

Reason2succeed
08-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Bama was getting quasi-timeouts that I could not understand. The clock was running and then Lane Kiffin calls Blake Sims over to talk to him and suddenly the clock stops. Once he went back out on the field the play clock and game clock resumed and there was no explanation of what was going on. It seemed like this happened multiple times.

Offshore Dawg
08-30-2014, 04:31 PM
The "Crimson elephant club" has a very extensive payroll.

smootness
08-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Bama was getting quasi-timeouts that I could not understand. The clock was running and then Lane Kiffin calls Blake Sims over to talk to him and suddenly the clock stops. Once he went back out on the field the play clock and game clock resumed and there was no explanation of what was going on. It seemed like this happened multiple times.

Clock stops after first downs or out of hounds, restarts after the chains set...

Bully13
08-30-2014, 05:17 PM
If you look at the bottom of pole its on the edge of the t.v. made white marker. It looks like the nose of the ball made it to that. The camera angle makes it look short.

Bear@Work
08-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Then ALabama's QB runs in to a WV defender on the sideline and they call the WV guy on the sideline for unsportsmanlike conduct, late hit on the QB! What is a referee even doing watching a play 5 yards out of bounds? I have never seen that call.

I seen it dawg
08-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Then ALabama's QB runs in to a WV defender on the sideline and they call the WV guy on the sideline for unsportsmanlike conduct, late hit on the QB! What is a referee even doing watching a play 5 yards out of bounds? I have never seen that call.

Doing his job. I know it's crazy but sometimes in a football game shit happens when a player gets on the opposing teams sidelines.

TUSK
08-30-2014, 06:58 PM
jesus, try harder.