PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Defense...

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 02:01 PM
http://instagram.com/p/sUyaGVt-qf/

Hypnodawg
09-02-2014, 11:26 AM

How the hell are they not playing this clip on big defensive plays.

psycho (http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2014-08-31_2680392430952824/movies/misc/psycho_music.wav)

hailmari
09-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Awesome. Make it tad longer and crank that up before their fist drive.

rabbitthedawg
09-02-2014, 12:16 PM
East side should holler "Psycho" and West should holler "Defense." Cool or corny as hell?

TheRef
09-02-2014, 12:28 PM
East side should holler "Psycho" and West should holler "Defense." Cool or corny as hell?

We were doing a Psycho Defense chant in the student section every third down.

hailmari
09-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I actually just tweeted that to Stricklin and Collins. I'd love for it to happen.

AlSwearengen
09-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Why not show the famous shower scene from the movie with that creepy music blaring.

BossDawg
09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Why not show the famous shower scene from the movie with that creepy music blaring.

That would be pretty cool. Play this after every sack or something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuIQJ-l16b4

MarketingBully01
09-02-2014, 01:57 PM

This is really cool and inventive. It would pump me up to get ready for the game. Dang I wish we played LSU at DWS this year...we would blow them out at our stadium.

DudyDawg
09-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Coach Collins will be on PAWWWWWL today, 5 pm

dickiedawg
09-02-2014, 02:25 PM
How the hell are they not playing this clip on big defensive plays.

psycho (http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2014-08-31_2680392430952824/movies/misc/psycho_music.wav)

It may be a tad long for that. But the first part where they do "psycho" DEFENSE would be bad news if they played it over the HDVB and the crowd all yelled DEFENSE! in response.
That is to say, IF you could hear anything over the sound system #pumpupthevolume

RougeDawg
09-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Wonder if Strick is stashing away some cheese to keep Collins around after this season? I sure as hell hope so.

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Wonder if Strick is stashing away some cheese to keep Collins around after this season? I sure as hell hope so.

Barring a big program coming after him, I think we'll keep Collins at least one more season. But we'll definitely be hearing his name floated for various vacancies. Just don't panic when it starts happening. It's the price you pay to have badass assistants.

NCDawg
09-02-2014, 02:40 PM
That would be pretty cool. Play this after every sack or something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuIQJ-l16b4

I think that would be a great idea.

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Barring a big program coming after him, I think we'll keep Collins at least one more season. But we'll definitely be hearing his name floated for various vacancies. Just don't panic when it starts happening. It's the price you pay to have badass assistants.

I remember hearing rumors that some big donor(s) - may have been the Seal brothers - set up a massive fund that was earmarked exclusively for coach retention or hiring. The amount I have heard varies but has ranged from $35,000,000 to $75,000,000. It was said that if we ever lose a coach at MSU that we really want to keep it will not be due to lack of money to keep him around.

Now this may be common knowlesge I am not sure. So if in other breaking news it has been determined that the sky is blue and the grass green then I am just late to the party.

IMissJack
09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
+1

RougeDawg
09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
I remember hearing rumors that some big donor(s) - may have been the Seal brothers - set up a massive fund that was earmarked exclusively for coach retention or hiring. The amount I have heard varies but has ranged from $35,000,000 to $75,000,000. It was said that if we ever lose a coach at MSU that we really want to keep it will not be due to lack of money to keep him around.

Now this may be common knowlesge I am not sure. So if in other breaking news it has been determined that the sky is blue and the grass green then I am just late to the party.

Not sure if common knowledge but there's a percentage of their $225mil or so "gift" that is reserved for retaining coaches. They put this portion of the donation into a trust fund for coaches, after Mr. Seal had to endure the Croom era. It just sucks that he never got to see the current State or Our Program. He played a huge part in getting us to where we are today.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Not sure if common knowledge but there's a percentage of their $225mil or so "gift" that is reserved for retaining coaches. They put this portion of the donation into a trust fund for coaches, after Mr. Seal had to endure the Croom era. It just sucks that he never got to see the current State or Our Program. He played a huge part in getting us to where we are today.

+1

RichardHarrow
09-02-2014, 07:20 PM
I think it'd be awesome for that chant. I'd also like our entire defense to get creative with their black "face paint" or whatever it's referred to as. I remember Cam Lawrence always having that intimidating look, and i think a few guys from Missouri did the same last year. Regardless, if or whole defense came out like that, essentially with their war paint on, it would be badass

CadaverDawg
09-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I think it'd be awesome for that chant. I'd also like our entire defense to get creative with their black "face paint" or whatever it's referred to as. I remember Cam Lawrence always having that intimidating look, and i think a few guys from Missouri did the same last year. Regardless, if or whole defense came out like that, essentially with their war paint on, it would be badass

I remember seeing a high school linebacker that wore white contacts and it made his eyes completely white. He looked freaky and "psycho". Maybe we could do a mixture of crazy stuff like the paint and contacts

Coach66
09-02-2014, 07:23 PM
No doubt

RichardHarrow
09-02-2014, 08:06 PM
I remember seeing a high school linebacker that wore white contacts and it made his eyes completely white. He looked freaky and "psycho". Maybe we could do a mixture of crazy stuff like the paint and contacts

I like it. If we're gonna be this psycho defense, we should look the part

Dawg61
09-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Tennessee played Lil Jon "Turn down for What" on every 3rd down and the lyrics were changed to "3rd down for what". Huge hit with the Vols and had Neyland going crazy on 3rd downs. Was very effective. I think we should play this Instagram video with different highlights and a tad longer. Would work perfectly.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Tennessee played Lil Jon "Turn down for What" on every 3rd down and the lyrics were changed to "3rd down for what". Huge hit with the Vols and had Neyland going crazy on 3rd downs. Was very effective. I think we should play this Instagram video with different highlights and a tad longer. Would work perfectly.

Somebody tweet it to Cody and Niblitt

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 08:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsXkrBV80A

CadaverDawg
09-02-2014, 09:06 PM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/52336db8eab8ea8b3dc8a365-650-440/temp-image_1_2.png

CadaverDawg
09-02-2014, 09:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wG7sn1awPFI/Uzruge6pVBI/AAAAAAAAL94/ophf3RmAvWs/s640/kalondavis.jpg

DudyDawg
09-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Didn't they make those illegal this year or am I thinking of something else

CadaverDawg
09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Didn't they make those illegal this year or am I thinking of something else

I thought that was eye black with stuff written on it, but they may have done contacts too...not sure

archdog
09-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Just make tackles and get the ball.
Let the crowd do all the chanting and dress up stuff.
I do agree that Psycho Defense instead of Maroon White would be something.

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
If you're going to do stuff with the eyes do something to make them completely black. Go with demonic eyes.

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2014, 09:36 PM
If you're going to do stuff with the eyes do something to make them completely black. Go with demonic eyes.

Envision this:

http://i.imgur.com/5oC6BBX.jpg

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I thought that was eye black with stuff written on it, but they may have done contacts too...not sure

That is indeed the rule, to my knowledge. Call it the "Tebow Rule." God forbid a player do something so offensive like put a Bible verse on his eye black.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 09:46 PM
That is indeed the rule, to my knowledge. Call it the "Tebow Rule." God forbid a player do something so offensive like put a Bible verse on his eye black.

Exodus 20:20-21

No possible way this could be construed as offensive....

TheRef
09-02-2014, 09:50 PM

Exodus 20: 20-21 (NIV)

20Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin." 21So the people stood at a distance, while Moses approached the thick cloud where God was.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Exodus 20: 20-21 (NIV)

20Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin." 21So the people stood at a distance, while Moses approached the thick cloud where God was.

My bad, 21:20-21.

TheRef
09-02-2014, 09:56 PM
My bad, 21:20-21.

Okay...just figured I would check that to make sure those were the verses you were thinking of. But back to the issue, I think that it should have been done on a case-by-case instance by the head referee. If he sees something that is obviously offensive, unneeded, etc., then he could tell the player to remove said eyeblack. Or make it where if you wanted to have some writing, it had to be on an easily removable eye-black strip.

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2014, 09:57 PM

Exodus 20:20-21 ESV

20 Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.” 21 The people stood far off, while Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was.

So people sin is an offensive concept? Ok.

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Okay...just figured I would check that to make sure those were the verses you were thinking of. But back to the issue, I think that it should have been done on a case-by-case instance by the head referee. If he sees something that is obviously offensive, unneeded, etc., then he could tell the player to remove said eyeblack. Or make it where if you wanted to have some writing, it had to be on an easily removable eye-black strip.

That's exactly what it was. Tebow wore the eye black patches.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Well that's the thing; somethings can't really be handled on a case by case basis, and religion is one of them. I'm wagering there are plenty of people who wouldn't have liked it if JFF had something referencing Illuminati (a bit sensationalized I know, lol), or God forbid a player quoting the Quran.....

TheRef
09-02-2014, 10:00 PM
That's exactly what it was. Tebow wore the eye black patches.

I know. But if they wanted to make a rule to restrict it, they could word it so that they couldn't use the eye-black sticks. Just my thoughts.

TheRef
09-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Well that's the thing; somethings can't really be handled on a case by case basis, and religion is one of them. I'm wagering there are plenty of people who wouldn't have liked it if JFF had something referencing Illuminati (a bit sensationalized I know, lol), or God forbid a player quoting the Quran.....

Now-a-days, someone quoting the Quran would be more accepted by society than someone quoting the Bible. Let's not let this thread turn into a political forum material one.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 10:01 PM
So people sin is an offensive concept? Ok.

As you can see above, WMD, I meant to say 21:30-21, which is:

“Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property"

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Now-a-days, someone quoting the Quran would be more accepted by society than someone quoting the Bible. Let's not let this thread turn into a political forum material one.

Well, we can agree to disagree on this.

I wasn't trying to turn the thread political, I just wanted to point out that there are aspects of many religions that people may/may not find offensive; it's just easier to leave that stuff off the football field. Stick to football. If you want an empowering quote with you, write it on your underwear-band.

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2014, 10:07 PM

Agreed, we're getting off track. Back on point, I LOVE the idea of a "Psycho Defense" cheer. It would be awesome. The vid department definitely needs to get something for the Moo Tubes, too. I thought the idea of using the Psycho theme was pretty cool.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Agreed, we're getting off track. Back on point, I LOVE the idea of a "Psycho Defense" cheer. It would be awesome. The vid department definitely needs to get something for the Moo Tubes, too. I thought the idea of using the Psycho theme was pretty cool.

The video they came out with already is awesome. If there is a timeout before a 3rd and long, rather than playing a freaking commercial, play that!
Though I'm hopeful, I really want to see how our D develops and performs against SEC teams before we start crowning them. I still remember the "precinct 9-13" stuff we were trying to push 2 years ago, just to watch our secondary get torched down the stretch (yes, not their fault, as much as it was our DC's limp dick schemes).

Dawg61
09-02-2014, 11:05 PM
The video they came out with already is awesome. If there is a timeout before a 3rd and long, rather than playing a freaking commercial, play that!
Though I'm hopeful, I really want to see how our D develops and performs against SEC teams before we start crowning them. I still remember the "precinct 9-13" stuff we were trying to push 2 years ago, just to watch our secondary get torched down the stretch (yes, not their fault, as much as it was our DC's limp dick schemes).

We are allowed to pump music on every 3rd down. Use this Psycho defense clip and make it louder and a little bit longer. It's good.