PDA

View Full Version : Source confirms we are indeed a host site

Coach34
05-22-2013, 04:32 PM
I know this is not shocking news to anyone- but the fact that we are considered a 11 or 12 seed at the moment was. That would put us facing the #5 or #6 seed in a Super Regional. That would be ideal for us advancing

Tonight's game vs SC matters for Regional positioning- another win, making us 3-1 against them, would go a long way in keeping us above them in the Regional pecking order

Sandman14
05-22-2013, 04:52 PM
it would also mean that we are indeed in play for a national seed.

I am not asking your source, but obviously it is frustrating to get told that it comes from a "source."

my opinion is that no matter what happened with the SEC tourney, we would always have been a 10-16 seed. no matter what.

according to your source, I'm wrong in my opinion, because we are already an 11 or 12.

so my question is: how confident are you in the 11 or 12 seed part?

Coach34
05-22-2013, 05:29 PM
I am not asking your source, but obviously it is frustrating to get told that it comes from a "source."
so my question is: how confident are you in the 11 or 12 seed part?

Well, if it was someone I could name- then obviously I would. It's someone that is in Starkville. And very confident in what I was told.

dawgoneyall
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Austin Peay, South alabama, Army

Coach34
05-22-2013, 05:49 PM

I think we get USA also...was hoping for Jackson State- but figured they would get sent to BR

Quaoarsking
05-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Was it the same source who told you were were IN the 2012 NCAA Tournament (basketball)?

Coach34
05-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Was it the same source who told you were were IN the 2012 NCAA Tournament (basketball)?

Dont start shit- I've been right a helluva lot more than wrong. You know it, as does everybody else...and I dont remember that one btw

Quaoarsking
05-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Dont start shit- I've been right a helluva lot more than wrong. You know it, as does everybody else...and I dont remember that one btw

Lighten up man. Not trying to start any shit.

For the record, this is what I'm referring to: http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?83244-Best-source-I-got-says-right-now-we-are-IN
Can you at least say whether the person who told you we are in today is the same who told you that in 2012?

Political Hack
05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
people in the athletic department have said we've been told we're at least going to host a regional, but they've been lied to before.

We're also playing Vanderbilt in our 2013 SEC East away game, so feel free to schedule Okl St in Houston.

Coach34
05-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Lighten up man. Not trying to start any shit.

For the record, this is what I'm referring to: http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?83244-Best-source-I-got-says-right-now-we-are-IN
Can you at least say whether the person who told you we are in today is the same who told you that in 2012?

A) no- not same person

B) a quote from me in that thread "and let me reiterate- my stance is 100% we won't get in"

Hack brought up a good point also- just because the Ath Dept is told something doesnt always make it true. The Vandy example especially and we get SC

Todd4State
05-22-2013, 07:47 PM
people in the athletic department have said we've been told we're at least going to host a regional, but they've been lied to before.

We're also playing Vanderbilt in our 2013 SEC East away game, so feel free to schedule Okl St in Houston.

Very true, but I'm betting that whomever is telling coach's source on this is likely someone sitting on the NCAA committee and not LT. The original source is probably the guy from South Alabama if I had to guess.

Todd4State
05-22-2013, 07:48 PM

I would be shocked if our draw is that good. But I woudn't complain.