View Full Version : Booger is an idiot

cheewgumm
08-29-2014, 07:58 PM
He said we're only
Gonna win 24-10.

Is he high?

Political Hack
08-29-2014, 08:00 PM
we've covered he's dumb and doesn't think much of us. make him eat his... words.

Leroy Jenkins
08-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Don't know if ol boog will be there after this season. Not very good at his job.

godlluB
08-29-2014, 08:29 PM
On the other hand, McElroy predicted 31-3 (or maybe it was 38-3), which if it pours down rain, might turn out to be about right.

I seen it dawg
08-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Booger is no better than the clown that comes in as the guest celebrity picker on Gameday.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2014, 09:15 PM
It become very apparent that some of these guys are just using their pro careers as a crutch to not do any research or put forth effort. For those guys, perception is everything and there is no way to change it but to go out there and open a can of whoop ass on people.

The preseason is over, and some analysts are about to look very very dumb

RougeDawg
08-29-2014, 09:15 PM
He said we're only
Gonna win 24-10.

Is he high?

And water is wet......

Bothrops
08-29-2014, 10:06 PM
You should at least have some basic knowledge of the teams that you cover if you're going to be a part of sports show. He obviously doesn't.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2014, 10:08 PM
You should at least have some basic knowledge of the teams that you cover if you're going to be a part of sports show. He obviously doesn't.

ESPN shouldn't have hired someone that doesn't have basic knowledge of the teams he is covering. It isn't Booger's fault that ESPN couldn't see that he has little to no basic knowledge of the teams. I don't see him lasting very long on the SEC Network unless he gets better.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2014, 10:15 PM
ESPN shouldn't have hired someone that doesn't have basic knowledge of the teams he is covering. It isn't Booger's fault that ESPN couldn't see that he has little to no basic knowledge of the teams. I don't see him lasting very long on the SEC Network unless he gets better.

You don't have to know them beforehand....but if you don't, by God you better study up on the teams. McElroy speaks as if he has spent hours researching each team in depth, and that's why he is the best on that channel outside of Dari. Booger and Spears just act like your typical dumb jock that didn't do an ounce of research prior to the show. They look clueless, speak nonsense, and garner zero respect because you can tell they're unprepared. The SECN has had some great moments so far, but Booger and Spears are by far the two worst parts of the Network thus far IMO. If they needed to get some diversity, why not try to get a Chris Leak, Jason Campbell, etc. it's a pretty easy observation that QB's are generally smarter than linemen, and do a better job on TV. Total bust with Booger sugar and Spears.

hells bells
08-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Why give this fool any air time?

Bothrops
08-29-2014, 11:11 PM
You don't have to know them beforehand....but if you don't, by God you better study up on the teams. McElroy speaks as if he has spent hours researching each team in depth, and that's why he is the best on that channel outside of Dari. Booger and Spears just act like your typical dumb jock that didn't do an ounce of research prior to the show. They look clueless, speak nonsense, and garner zero respect because you can tell they're unprepared. The SECN has had some great moments so far, but Booger and Spears are by far the two worst parts of the Network thus far IMO. If they needed to get some diversity, why not try to get a Chris Leak, Jason Campbell, etc. it's a pretty easy observation that QB's are generally smarter than linemen, and do a better job on TV. Total bust with Booger sugar and Spears.

Ageed, McElroy is the best on that show by a long shot

Beaver
08-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Ageed, McElroy is the best on that show by a long shot

Only thing that bothers me with McElroy is that you can tell he's trying really really hard.. Do y'all know what I mean? Seems he has excessive hand motions and such. I think with time he'll become more relaxed so it'll feel more natural to the viewer. Really enjoy his analysis though. Even though he's from Bama he doesn't show any real bias towards or against any team.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2014, 11:34 PM
On the other hand, McElroy predicted 31-3 (or maybe it was 38-3), which if it pours down rain, might turn out to be about right.

I think we break 40, even with the rain. I'm thinking 42-7, 42-3. They're going to struggle to stop the run regardless, but they'll wear down hard in the second half, provide the rain encourages Mullen to RTDF. Plus, when we do pass, we're going to hit it for big plays and long TDs. Think the rain will keep us from breaking 50, though. Either way, it's going to be a complete beatdown.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2014, 11:38 PM
You don't have to know them beforehand....but if you don't, by God you better study up on the teams. McElroy speaks as if he has spent hours researching each team in depth, and that's why he is the best on that channel outside of Dari. Booger and Spears just act like your typical dumb jock that didn't do an ounce of research prior to the show. They look clueless, speak nonsense, and garner zero respect because you can tell they're unprepared. The SECN has had some great moments so far, but Booger and Spears are by far the two worst parts of the Network thus far IMO. If they needed to get some diversity, why not try to get a Chris Leak, Jason Campbell, etc. it's a pretty easy observation that QB's are generally smarter than defensive linemen, and do a better job on TV. Total bust with Booger sugar and Spears.

FIFY. Offensive linemen are usually pretty intelligent and know what the hell is going on. Look at Schlereth, Damien Woody, etc. The only DL guy I can think of worth a damn as an analyst is Marcellus Wiley. You can be dumb as dirt and play DL at a high level. Not so much on the OL.

Quaoarsking
08-30-2014, 12:08 AM

Tyson Lee would be a great choice too. He may be a little obscure to the average SEC fan, but he is a recent starting SEC QB, and he doesn't currently have a big coaching/playing gig that I'm aware of.

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 12:17 AM
Tyson Lee would be a great choice too. He may be a little obscure to the average SEC fan, but he is a recent starting SEC QB, and he doesn't currently have a big coaching/playing gig that I'm aware of.

Totally agree. Lee would be fantastic

War Machine Dawg
08-30-2014, 12:46 AM

Totally agree. Lee would be fantastic

But isn't that the point of the SECN? It pisses me off that literally every analyst on the Network is from Bama, FL, or LSU. And when they have to replace Booger & Spears, you know they'll just replace them with another dipshit analyst who played at the Big 7. It would be awesome for them to intentionally seek out some analysts from the smaller schools like us to give the SECN a different perspective that's missing. Otherwise, it's just the SEC Big 7 & those other schools Network.

Reason2succeed
08-30-2014, 01:12 AM
Maria Taylor is smart and good looking.

Offshore Dawg
08-30-2014, 05:43 AM
Score many points and make them look like the fools that they are.

"Words fall from mouth like shit from ass"
Spartacus gods of the arena

Mutt the Hoople
08-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Did Somebody from Mississippi State Steal His Girlfriend? Bogart a joint?

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2014, 07:17 AM
What the SEC Network needs to do is add some ex-SEC coaches to the analysts pool:

Jackie Sherrill - coached MSU & A&M and would make a perfect SEC Network Analysts

Philip Fulmer - Perfect

Houston Nutt - I know we hate him, but he'd be perfect

I seen it dawg
08-30-2014, 08:13 AM
But isn't that the point of the SECN? It pisses me off that literally every analyst on the Network is from Bama, FL, or LSU. And when they have to replace Booger & Spears, you know they'll just replace them with another dipshit analyst who played at the Big 7. It would be awesome for them to intentionally seek out some analysts from the smaller schools like us to give the SECN a different perspective that's missing. Otherwise, it's just the SEC Big 7 & those other schools Network.

Jerious Norwood....NFL as well

FlabLoser
08-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Tebow just did his Freak Of The Week segment, which highlights some player with ridiculous athleticism. It was Coates from Auburn.

Then he said they'll do this every week, can't wait to see who next week's is, etc... Booger interjects "there's about 8 of them at Ole Miss".

Really? Just throw Ole Miss out there? Not Bama? Not LSU? Ole Miss is the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to freakish SEC athletes?

Ya know, we joked about this earlier, but now I'm convinced Booger is on the take. We all know Ole Miss boosters have amped up Ole Miss crootin since Hugh's arrival. But that's just part of the strategy. It also takes good PR to elevate the program. If you are Ole Miss, why not find a guy with a media voice and "encourage" some positive PR.

1) it makes sense

2) the shit Booger says can only be explained by this

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Don't be suprised if this game is closer than we think it should be. This is their Super Bowl x 30. Emotion is a powerful thing on the football thing.

I seen it dawg
08-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Don't be suprised if this game is closer than we think it should be. This is their Super Bowl x 30. Emotion is a powerful thing on the football thing.

The game tonite?

FlabLoser
08-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Tebow just did his Freak Of The Week segment, which highlights some player with ridiculous athleticism. It was Coates from Auburn.

Then he said they'll do this every week, can't wait to see who next week's is, etc... Booger interjects "there's about 8 of them at Ole Miss".

Really? Just throw Ole Miss out there? Not Bama? Not LSU? Ole Miss is the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to freakish SEC athletes?

Ya know, we joked about this earlier, but now I'm convinced Booger is on the take. We all know Ole Miss boosters have amped up Ole Miss crootin since Hugh's arrival. But that's just part of the strategy. It also takes good PR to elevate the program. If you are Ole Miss, why not find a guy with a media voice and "encourage" some positive PR.

1) it makes sense

2) the shit Booger says can only be explained by this

Whoops...this was Marcus Spears. Still...

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2014, 11:15 AM
The game tonite?

Yes

I seen it dawg
08-30-2014, 11:30 AM

Emotion is powerful. I have a feeling we will have a little emotion too. When all that emotion goes away after 2 minutes our enormous advantage in talent is going to take over. I'll be immensely surprised if it's remotely close.

MarketingBully01
08-30-2014, 11:38 AM

I think the game might be close for the first quarter or so and they may score early like the Troy game and Rice game last year but the game is 4 quarters and I doubt they can hang with us more then a quarter. MSU 52 USM 7

Edited: Comments were uncalled for so I took them out.