PDA

View Full Version : Gray Fenter has committed!

trob115
08-29-2014, 06:46 PM
I know he has privately been committed but this is a huge pickup.

godlluB
08-29-2014, 06:56 PM
That's big, Andy.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Boom! Welcome home

The Federalist Engineer
08-29-2014, 07:52 PM
This team will be a buzz saw with this talent. Can't wait to see these players maul Manieri's little bitch ass.

MsStateBaseball
08-29-2014, 08:06 PM
We will be 3rd or 4th in PG rankings. This class will have domino affect to following classes. Ms State baseball is about to be damn good.
Buy your tickets.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Merry Flipmas!

Fenter is possibly the top player in Arkansas and he is the first player from Arkansas to make the Under Armour All-American Game. He also gives us now three members on the Team USA U18 team along with Kale Breaux and Elih Marrero. He gives us two Under Armour All-American Game participants along with Austin Riley.

We now have five commits that have participated in Team USA in some form or fashion- Fenter, Breaux, Marrero, Konnor Pilkington, and Luke Alexander.

And I haven't even mentioned Greg Pickett, who might be our top prospect and he did make the Perfect Game All-American Game along with Riley and Marrero.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 08:16 PM
We will be 3rd or 4th in PG rankings. This class will have domino affect to following classes. Ms State baseball is about to be damn good.
Buy your tickets.

If we get everyone in, I think we have a legit chance at #1.

drummerdawg
08-29-2014, 08:36 PM
If we get everyone in, I think we have a legit chance at #1.

not a bad follow up to the #2 class we had last year.

We were #2 last year right?

MsStateBaseball
08-29-2014, 09:00 PM
There are three ratings by three services. Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball and Perfect Game. BA and CB ratings come out on fall after school has started which is a better way to rate, don't rate the pro signees. PG has a running rate the whole year. This is where we get the rating now. Which one is best? They are all different. I like BA and CB bc they talk to scouts. We were 2# by CB. BA has a recap 4 or 5 years later to see how good they did, they re rate the class. PG is biased. If you don't go to a PG event you don't get rated by them. Paul Young is great example. They don't rate JC players. Mostly to me for PG it gets other recruits and fan base excited in the program. A great player is a great player.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
not a bad follow up to the #2 class we had last year.

We were #2 last year right?

Yes, we were indeed number two last year.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 09:38 PM
There are three ratings by three services. Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball and Perfect Game. BA and CB ratings come out on fall after school has started which is a better way to rate, don't rate the pro signees. PG has a running rate the whole year. This is where we get the rating now. Which one is best? They are all different. I like BA and CB bc they talk to scouts. We were 2# by CB. BA has a recap 4 or 5 years later to see how good they did, they re rate the class. PG is biased. If you don't go to a PG event you don't get rated by them. Paul Young is great example. They don't rate JC players. Mostly to me for PG it gets other recruits and fan base excited in the program. A great player is a great player.

I agree. It really should depend on who you get as far as where you are ranked. Delvin Zinn is a good example of a guy in our current class that I think is going to be a very good player for us, but PG doesn't know about him. Zinn has offers from us, Ole Miss, USM, and Pittsburgh.

KB21
08-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Let's not forget that Trysten Barlow, Elih Marrero, Jared Padgett, Austin Riley, and Hunter Stovall were also invited to the East Coast Pro showcase. Of note, another guy the team may be looking at is Dallas Woolfolk, and he was invited to the East Coast Pro Showcase.

This is an absolute stud class shaping up, and if they get everyone on campus, this is going to be a class that championships will be built upon.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Let's not forget that Trysten Barlow, Elih Marrero, Jared Padgett, Austin Riley, and Hunter Stovall were also invited to the East Coast Pro showcase. Of note, another guy the team may be looking at is Dallas Woolfolk, and he was invited to the East Coast Pro Showcase.

This is an absolute stud class shaping up, and if they get everyone on campus, this is going to be a class that championships will be built upon.

Woolfork is committed to Ole Miss. Based on our needs, I'd rather flip Gene Wood personally.

I wouldn't look for either one to happen though.

M.Fillmore
08-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Who knows what is behind Gene Wood's thinking, but MSU is clearly the better program. I will say that Gene Wood is a great kid. My son knows him and says nothing but good things about Gene Wood (and Jake Mangum and Noah Hughes).

Todd4State
08-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Who knows what is behind Gene Wood's thinking, but MSU is clearly the better program. I will say that Gene Wood is a great kid. My son knows him and says nothing but good things about Gene Wood (and Jake Mangum and Noah Hughes).

This could be BS, but I've heard that Wood's parents wanted him to go to MSU. That was some of the talk in the stands at the Prep game last week.

My guess is he just wants to go to Alabama for whatever reason. But I do agree- everything I've heard about him is positive.

Coach66
08-30-2014, 07:41 AM
He can play and had not physically matured completely. Great family.