PDA

View Full Version : Can't deny it- the university of ole miss has a hard-hitting defense

Mutt the Hoople
08-29-2014, 06:25 PM
If they were ever on a team with a more ethical, moral, spiritual, and genetically improved fan base they'd be illegal. They hit hard and bring the pressure.

Their offense sucks donkey-balls. Bo Wallace has a noodle arm and La'Qku'on Treadwell will get chewed up by 6'2" SEC defensive backs. Their offensive line resembles their fan base- soft and effeminate.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2014, 06:38 PM
If they were ever on a team with a more ethical, moral, spiritual, and genetically improved fan base they'd be illegal. They hit hard and bring the pressure.

Their offense sucks donkey-balls. Bo Wallace has a noodle arm and La'Qku'on Treadwell will get chewed up by 6'2" SEC defensive backs. Their offensive line resembles their fan base- soft and effeminate.

Yes, they have a hard hitting defense, but doesn't Alabama, LSU, Auburn, & MSU?

Their defense is hard hitting, but, after last night, there is no strong evidence that they have an extremely effective defense.

SDDawg
08-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Against a weak team with mediocre athletes. Nothing to see here...

SDDawg
08-29-2014, 06:49 PM

Pollodawg
08-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Yes, they have a hard hitting defense, but doesn't Alabama, LSU, Auburn, & MSU?

Their defense is hard hitting, but, after last night, there is no strong evidence that they have an extremely effective defense.

Exactly. Their D is no better than half the defenses in this division.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2014, 07:39 PM
I see several haven't caught onto Mutt's schtick yet.

Bully Dee Williams
08-29-2014, 08:04 PM
I'm not convinced they are for real. I'm getting a kick out of old Kellenberger on twitter. He is getting mad to folks talking about OM giving up 398 yards. He responded to one person by saying that if you break those yards down, OM only have up 4.69 yards per play. Really, nearly 5 yards/play is an accomplishment? That's rubbish. Any way, another person also astutely pointed out to the bear dummies that OM only forced 2 three and outs.

They may have had some big hits, but they missed some tackles and over pursued as well.

DragonDawgZ
08-29-2014, 08:09 PM
They definitely had some big hits last night, but Boise's QB was hanging his receivers out to dry on all of em. I will say Boise's receivers popped right up every time though and flipped the ball to the ref like it was nothing.

BulldogBear
08-29-2014, 08:57 PM
They're also prone to over pursuit. Aggressive is good but gotta balance with discipline

FlabLoser
08-29-2014, 08:59 PM
They have a good defense. But I'm not sold on the hard hitting stuff. They had a few plays where the safety got a running start to hit a guy who caught the ball in...just the right spot where the safety gets a running start to clean the guy's clock. Looks cool. Makes highlights.

Show me a couple more games.

Dawgheadcheese
08-29-2014, 10:15 PM
We beat them by 3 touchdowns. Our defense is going to shut them down - and hit them harder.

Dawgface
08-29-2014, 10:15 PM
They will get tired of Bo turning over the ball and eventually lay down.

hells bells
08-29-2014, 10:22 PM

Last night the TSUN defense was good against a small O Line. Kardasian is a acceptional defensive player against inferior opposing defenses. Mono-a-mono he folds. Stats don't lie TSUN lost that battle.

RougeDawg
08-29-2014, 10:40 PM
It's easy to hit that hard when you are so far off the offensive guy, you are full speed when you finally reach them. Prewitt could have been tossed out on a couple plays for targeting, but by that time in the 3rd, the refs had tendinitis in their elbows from throwing their flags.

Paidwell is a thug piece of shit. I saw him pull down CB's multiple plays in a manner where it was clear he was trying to hurt the other guy. He should have been flagged a half dozen times for his dirty plays and holding.

Beaver
08-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Sadly, their defense may look even 'better' against Vandy. Their QB play was awful. Bet they'll try to run the ball this week, and Ole Miss will gladly load the box.

Mutt the Hoople
08-30-2014, 12:48 PM
The biggest reaction from ole miss fans to my posts? "Fauntleroy Prissypants IV sounds like a really cool name".