PDA

View Full Version : USM Scouting Report

BeastMan
08-29-2014, 10:11 AM
http://3rdand57.com/southern-miss-up-close-and-personal/

Paper says USM is supposed to be really bad but my faith in "on paper" went down a little after last night's performances by South Carolina and Vandy.

Another thing I want to let ya'll know about is my post I'll be doing all season called "Gameday Central". It will actually post tonight for the early risers on Saturday but it's like a e-sports page for SEC games. It will of course have my MSU and Ole Miss game previews, quick takes on every SEC game, TV lineup w/station listings, ATS picks, my preseason SU picks, a look at every SEC team's top performers, and a group of players from the underdogs to keep an eye on that could be party spoilers. So don't forget to give 3rdAnd57.com a quick once over when you wake up saturday as you prepare to dial in for not only the MSU game, but also every SEC game on the slate.

Cannot tell yall how amped I am for kickoff. Cheers

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I enjoyed it.

A couple of things- Holmes is out for our game. And I think USM is going to rely on some JUCO's this year- like Price on the o-line and they signed a couple of JUCO WR's that had some pretty good length if I remember correctly.

BeastMan
08-29-2014, 11:22 AM
I thought price was going to start but their last roster update on their rivals site said he was 2nd string (and that was post camp). I was a little surprised on that

blacklistedbully
08-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Appreciate the effort. Very informative. I do wonder if their relative "success" against the run had as much or more to do with their opponents just realizing how easy it was to pass against them, thus focusing much more on passing.

1bigdawg
08-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Holmes is out for our game.

What is the deal with Holmes?

BeastMan
08-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Bump for gameday and the gameday central feature http://3rdand57.com/gameday-central/

BeastMan
08-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Appreciate the effort. Very informative. I do wonder if their relative "success" against the run had as much or more to do with their opponents just realizing how easy it was to pass against them, thus focusing much more on passing.

That's a valid point but if you get up big on somebody you usually dial it back. It is a weird discrepancy. Thought it was worth noting

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 10:39 AM
They also return Nunez-Roches who is really good and was hurt last year.

Good write up....although I would strongly disagree that USM would win 1 out of 10. More like 1 out of 1000 or maybe even 1 million. The talent gap is just enormous

BeastMan
08-30-2014, 10:58 AM

Good write up....although I would strongly disagree that USM would win 1 out of 10. More like 1 out of 1000 or maybe even 1 million. The talent gap is just enormous

I only meant 1 out of 10 if we played our worst and they played their best game. My intention in meaning was that they really had no chance to win

BeastMan
08-30-2014, 10:58 AM

I only meant 1 out of 10 if we played our worst and they played their best game. My intention in meaning was that they really had no chance to win

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Oh ok, gotcha. I agree then.

blacklistedbully
08-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Damn, Beastman, that dude who interviewed you on the radio was f&$%ed up! Either drunk or more likely, high.

BeastMan
08-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Damn, Beastman, that dude who interviewed you on the radio was f&$%ed up! Either drunk or more likely, high.

Ha. He's a good guy and a good writer. Probably needed more coffee that morning