PDA

View Full Version : Do you fellas still think A&M is an auto W?

dawgclub99
08-29-2014, 10:00 AM
That was pretty impressive.

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure I would say automatic but I think we have a better than decent chance. Their D, while improved, was not impressive. I also think the defense that A&M was playing against was not that good. But it could be that they are that good. If they as advertised last night then they will be very tough to beat. I still think Dak and Co. can put 30-40 on the board against them so it would only remain to be seen if our defense can slow down their offense. I think they can. SC was getting pressure last night so I think Jones and the rest of our defensive line will be able to exceed that pressure giving plays less time to develop. I would say if we won it would be along the lines of a 34-27 type of game.

FlabLoser
08-29-2014, 10:11 AM
It was never an auto W.

I think they are as good or even better now than they were with JFF.

MarketingBully01
08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
That was pretty impressive.

I never thought they were an automatic W but it does not change my mind that we will beat them. They still have a lot of weaknesses on the defensive side of the ball and I think we will make enough stops on defense to beat them.

SDDawg
08-29-2014, 10:15 AM
It never was automatic, but I think people thought that it was a home game that we should have a good shot at. Especially considering how close we kept it last year when A&M was loaded. Collins will have plenty of time to game plan for Hill, I don't think A&M will surprise anyone like they did with the OBC this week. Teams will be more ready for them in the coming weeks.

UMCDawg16
08-29-2014, 10:15 AM
It was never an auto W.

I think they are as good or even better now than they were with JFF.

WTF. Please tell me you don't believe this.

Hypnodawg
08-29-2014, 10:22 AM
A&M is much better than I thought they would be. I'm moving that game (in my mind) for 75% to 50%. And that it is if we play as well as I hope we do tomorrow.

TrapGame
08-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Guys, let's not overlook the fact that Spurrier changed up his defense (which now looks STUPID) and Thompson can't hold Conner Shaw's jock. A&M had more open holes in that secondary than the Library does on a Thursday night!!!

Dogchomp
08-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Was A&M really THAT good? I'll admit, they have improved some on defense, but they honestly had to improve from last year (couldn't get worse.) I came away from that game feeling like SC was a pretty average team. I think we still have a 70% chance to win that game.

SignalToNoise
08-29-2014, 10:51 AM
A&M did not look as bad as I hoped they would.

Having said that, I still believe that USCe is overrated and for the past couple of years have masked problems on their defense with Clowney. I do not know a lot about their team, but I was not impressed with either side of the ball last night, and in the coming weeks I think we will learn they are average (6 or 7 win team).

We haven't even seen our team play yet, so it is really hard to speculate on the A&M game. Might have a better idea Sunday morning.

EDIT: A friend has also pointed out that they have transitioned to the 3-4 defensive scheme over the off season. I'm sure there are growing pangs associated with that, too.

Coach34
08-29-2014, 11:02 AM
I think that we are at home
i think that we have 2 weeks to get ready for them
i think that our D is much better than SC's
I think that our O is much better than SC's

sleepy dawg
08-29-2014, 11:04 AM
It's so hard to tell how good teams are until there are more games with more connections, but that being said, I definitely don't feel as confident as I did 2 days ago. I went from about 60% to about 40% in my mind.

jimbo352
08-29-2014, 11:12 AM
In this league you have to win at home, and go at least 2-2 on the road... If we don't win these type of games at home, we're never gonna take the next step. Time to put up or shut up.

I do think this game is going to be harder now, but that doesn't change the fact that we need to beat them.. I suppose there's a chance LSU has an off year and we can make up win there. Still... You have to take care of business at home. We have the D to do slow them down, but it will take a big effort on both sides of the ball.

SheltonChoked
08-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Never was a sure win. But I like our chances vs ATM.

I like our Corners, and our corner Depth vs any attack that throws the ball 60 times a game. Same for our safeties.

We have a better offense than SC.

Our DL is better than SC.

defiantdog
08-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Stop the pass, force them to run, and slow the game down. South Carolina was out of position all game and they looked confused. They weren't ready to play. I still think they're gonna be a good team cause I know the Ol Ball Coach will clean things up. But A&M was just more ready to play yesterday. That's why playing good teams like that as the first game can really ruin the morale of the losing team.

But yes, I think we still win because our defense plays on a different level than South Carolina's (at least we'll see tomorrow). But if we can slow the game down and keep their offense off of the field.... we should have no problem.

DanDority
08-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Nothing is Automatic, other than Death! Sorry to bust your bubble, but to answer your question, I put it at 50-50.

Dawgface
08-29-2014, 12:07 PM
It's so hard to tell how good teams are until there are more games with more connections, but that being said, I definitely don't feel as confident as I did 2 days ago. I went from about 60% to about 40% in my mind.

Pretty much my thoughts.

jimbo352
08-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Lets not forget how hard it is to prepare for a summlin team when you have literally zero tape of the new QB... The more A&M plays, the more time/tape coaches get to study them. Summlin always gets great offensive play, but he always gets outscored 1-2 times per year. It's a given. You can't run an offense like that without having a tired weak defense. If anyone can name a similar offense that has a great D, I'd like to hear it.

defiantdog
08-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Lets not forget how hard it is to prepare for a summlin team when you have literally zero tape of the new QB... The more A&M plays, the more time/tape coaches get to study them. Summlin always gets great offensive play, but he always gets outscored 1-2 times per year. It's a given. You can't run an offense like that without having a tired weak defense. If anyone can name a similar offense that has a great D, I'd like to hear it.

Auburn

Ralph
08-29-2014, 12:25 PM
WTF. Please tell me you don't believe this.

Looked like a more complete team to me w/o JFF. Might say the complete opposite next week but you can't discount it was also Hills first start and USCe has won 18 in a row at home. His passes were dead on. I'm def more concerned than I was prior.

Really Clark?
08-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Auburn

Really??? 12th in the league in total defense and 9th in scoring is not a great defense.

defiantdog
08-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Really??? 12th in the league in total defense and 9th in scoring is not a great defense.

I'll admit, they aren't a great D.... but they are better than A&Ms

Really Clark?
08-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Ok, but that wasn't what he asked for. He asked for a team that runs that type of offense who have a great defense as well. His point is valid because it is very difficult to do both.

dawgclub99
08-29-2014, 10:03 PM
I am sorry. If they play like they played last night, they will win the game.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
The key to beating A&M is getting pressure on the QB. They have produced 1st rounder after 1st rounder on that offensive line and it doesn't appear to be stopping anytime soon. Good thing is that we have a very good defensive line and should be able to get pressure on anyone.

Kenny Hill had a great night, but he was also standing back there with all day to throw because South Carolina had a new defensive line. Collins will figure this out and we have the experience and aptitude to institute the game plan.

The reason LSU controls that offense every time they play is because LSU gets pressure on the QB.