PDA

View Full Version : One thing about Bo I noticed:

Lloyd Christmas
08-29-2014, 08:26 AM
If he had to make a throw downfield he did everything short of crowhopping the ball. I mean he really had to put everything he had into it.

MadDawg
08-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Bo can throw the ball great up to about 8 yards. After that, it's a struggle. He can't get any air under the ball unless it's a dying duck.

LiterallyPolice
08-29-2014, 08:33 AM
The major thing that I noticed was that the announcers called you (yes, YOU Lloyd Christmas) out by name last night.

Pollack: "So you're saying there's a chance"
Rece: "Ok, Lloyd Christmas"

Seriously though, Bo's arm strength isn't great.. but for the most part it's adequate. It's his decision making that get's him into trouble.

Covercorner2
08-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Also what a lot of folks overlook is the fact that he has to wind up to get any zip on the ball. This allows the DB more time to diagnose where he is throwing the ball. In a sense he telegraphs his passes. When he stares down a receiver it's even worse. There were a couple like that last night.

MetEdDawg
08-29-2014, 08:49 AM
The major thing that I noticed was that the announcers called you (yes, YOU Lloyd Christmas) out by name last night.

Pollack: "So you're saying there's a chance"
Rece: "Ok, Lloyd Christmas"

Seriously though, Bo's arm strength isn't great.. but for the most part it's adequate. It's his decision making that get's him into trouble.

The problem is that in order to get away with poor decision making you've got to have the arm strength to make it worth your while to keep taking chances. Look at Favre. He made some dumb decisions in his time and has the most interceptions of all time and it's not even close. But I remember watching a MNF game very late in his career where they were clocking him throwing the football at 67 MPH. You can get away with bad decisions with that kind of arm strength. Bo doesn't have anywhere close to that which is why he will continue to throw picks. And it doesn't help that he stares down WRs pretty blatantly too.

hells bells
08-29-2014, 09:04 AM
If he had to make a throw downfield he did everything short of crowhopping the ball. I mean he really had to put everything he had into it.

I am not a expert but Bo's throwing motion looked awkward not natural. He just has no zip on the ball and a undersized defense picked three on him. One touchdown pass was under thrown to Treadwell, just do not think he can do this in SEC play.

maroonmania
08-29-2014, 10:13 AM

Yep, and this is the first game of the year. Let's see how that arm is holding up in the second half of the season after taking hits game after game.

hells bells
08-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Yep, and this is the first game of the year. Let's see how that arm is holding up in the second half of the season after taking hits game after game.

Overheard a conversation one of the announcers made that Bo worked with a throwing coach or swing coach for a week to help him during off season. Might need a refresh week or two.

Irondawg
08-29-2014, 11:45 AM
there are no doubts he has severe limitations which is why 90% of the stuff they throw is predetermined short passes. However, he does possess some above average receiving options that will help him as they can create seperation and space.

The SEC script will be press coverage to disrupt timing and make their bad o-line hold longer and roll coverage toward Paidwell and Engram until OM shows them they can hurt them another way. Boise did a good job of making the first tackle on the quick passes most of the night. Wasn't until their DL slowed down and they hit treadwell a couple of times that the offense got in gear.

DawgHouseUnited
08-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Overheard a conversation one of the announcers made that Bo worked with a throwing coach or swing coach for a week to help him during off season. Might need a refresh week or two.

He spent his time at the Manning Passing Academy schmoozing didn't he? That counts, right?**

defiantdog
08-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Who cares.... he looked like he did last year.... no difference. Let's start talking about State now