PDA

View Full Version : Recruit Reactions

Reason2succeed
08-29-2014, 08:10 AM
I wonder what recruits thought about last night's games? If it comes out post it here. This is my general impression.
1) Derek Mason is already fired.
2) Sumlin is an offensive genius and no one is EVER going to trust an A&M QBs stats again.
3) OM is a place to go and waste talent.

Mississippi State needs to capitalize by playing clean all around football and hang 50 or more on USM to catch headlines.

thf24
08-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Mississippi State needs to capitalize by playing clean all around football and hang 50 or more on USM to catch headlines.

This, this, this. A dominating performance on both sides of the ball on Saturday after what will be viewed as a very poor and concerning opening from our in-state rival by anyone with a half a brain and a shred of objectivity will put us solidly in the driver's seat both in terms of our season and recruiting. It's going to be tough to look stellar with the probable weather conditions, but hopefully we won't let that slow us down too badly.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 08:34 AM
I would think the weather would favor us more than it would USM. Unless USM runs the ball more than I think they do.

Dawgfan77
08-29-2014, 08:37 AM
I would think the weather would favor us more than it would USM. Unless USM runs the ball more than I think they do.
They rushed the ball as a team last year for less yds than dak had all yr. I hope they try to run the ball on us

MetEdDawg
08-29-2014, 08:41 AM
This, this, this. A dominating performance on both sides of the ball on Saturday after what will be viewed as a very poor and concerning opening from our in-state rival by anyone with a half a brain and a shred of objectivity will put us solidly in the driver's seat both in terms of our season and recruiting. It's going to be tough to look stellar with the probable weather conditions, but hopefully we won't let that slow us down too badly.

Honestly I wish we played every game in the rain because it plays to our strengths and typically limits the big time explosive play threat that some of the elite teams always seem to have. Possession football. RTGDF and possession WR play. That's what we do well and that's what rain/wet conditions usually makes you do.

We should dominate USM in the trenches and run all over them. If we don't I will be a bit concerned. We should run for more than 250 yards and honestly I don't really care to see Dak do that terribly much in terms of running or sitting back all day to throw. I want to see quick passing decisions and I want to limit the amount of contact he sees in this game. Spread the wealth to the RBs and let them do the work. Let the WRs make decisions after the catch. We need to play physical downhill football the entire game and try and limit how much of that comes from Dak.

Covercorner2
A physical game would be VERY much in our favor. That's our strength.

shoeless joe

No one not wearing maroon is going to remember how bad the Rebs looked last nite. They won't allow it.

Offshore Dawg
08-29-2014, 08:52 AM
I want to see a clean game; concentration, few or no flags on the dawgs, good execution, a lot of rushing yards, and a lot of 3 & out for Southern.

RougeDawg
08-29-2014, 08:55 AM
No one not wearing maroon is going to remember how bad the Rebs looked last nite. They won't allow it.

^^^^This^^^. The headlines all read like this today "OM routes Mis Major Powerhouse Boise in easy Chik Fil A kickoff game".

Just like nobody seems to realize how shitty LSU played against them last year, and they squeaked by with a 3 pt win.

SallyStansbury
08-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Honestly I wish we played every game in the rain because it plays to our strengths and typically limits the big time explosive play threat that some of the elite teams always seem to have. Possession football. RTGDF and possession WR play. That's what we do well and that's what rain/wet conditions usually makes you do.

We should dominate USM in the trenches and run all over them. If we don't I will be a bit concerned. We should run for more than 250 yards and honestly I don't really care to see Dak do that terribly much in terms of running or sitting back all day to throw. I want to see quick passing decisions and I want to limit the amount of contact he sees in this game. Spread the wealth to the RBs and let them do the work. Let the WRs make decisions after the catch. We need to play physical downhill football the entire game and try and limit how much of that comes from Dak.

must limit hits on Dak; yes he can take the hits, but don't want him asskicked for LSU and AU, got to have him healthy.
hope for good special teams play.
Mullen in prior years has demonstrated poor tendencies of when to expose himself to risk. He runs it up the middle (with Dak taking hits) at generic times and gets too cute at the goal line when he should pound the damn ball. He is predictable with this....especially with the UAB's, Troys and USM's of the world (and they know it); that troubles me, but I still think we will beat the shit out of USM.
If they stack the box and limit our productivity running the ball early and we go into the half up 10-0 I will be pissed. I want to skull drag USM and I think we have the horses to do it.
Ready for kickoff.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 09:09 AM
must limit hits on Dak; yes he can take the hits, but don't want him asskicked for LSU and AU, got to have him healthy.
hope for good special teams play.
Mullen in prior years has demonstrated poor tendencies of when to expose himself to risk. He runs it up the middle (with Dak taking hits) at generic times and gets too cute at the goal line when he should pound the damn ball. He is predictable with this....especially with the UAB's, Troys and USM's of the world (and they know it); that troubles me, but I still think we will beat the shit out of USM.
If they stack the box and limit our productivity running the ball early and we go into the half up 10-0 I will be pissed. I want to skull drag USM and I think we have the horses to do it.
Ready for kickoff.

I think that Robinson and Shumpert will help with the play calling immensely. Last year, if it's 3rd and 1, we were definitely giving the ball to Dak. This year we have options. I think having those two will also probably encourage Dak to pitch it on the option more as well.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2014, 12:05 PM
^^^^This^^^. The headlines all read like this today "OM routes Mis Major Powerhouse Boise in easy Chik Fil A kickoff game".

Just like nobody seems to realize how shitty LSU played against them last year, and they squeaked by with a 3 pt win.

LSU didn't even show up for that game. You could tell LSU was just not ready to play mentally and overly conservative play calling, as well.

defiantdog
08-29-2014, 12:21 PM

Boise State went 8 - 5 in the Mountain Who Gives A Shit Conference last year. Powerhouse shouldn't even be mentioned in the same category as them. Why in the hell do people still think they are the team that beat Adrian Peterson in the Fiesta Bowl? But when we win tomorrow the headlines will be "State wins in a nail biter at home." Even if we win by 50.

RougeDawg
08-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Boise State went 8 - 5 in the Mountain Who Gives A Shit Conference last year. Powerhouse shouldn't even be mentioned in the same category as them. Why in the hell do people still think they are the team that beat Adrian Peterson in the Fiesta Bowl? But when we win tomorrow the headlines will be "State wins in a nail biter at home." Even if we win by 50.

Sarcasm meter check.