PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned about the SEC west tonight

SheltonChoked
08-29-2014, 06:37 AM
1. Texas A&M is Sumlin's Houston team with Keenum. with a better offensive line.

2. UM is in trouble this year. No discipline. Same offense. No depth.

3. The sec east is up for grabs.

4. tAMU's defense is what it was last year. Still vulnerable to the run. The offense will have to bail them out. And will.

5. UM's offensive line is worse than we thought. Boise had pressure on Wallace for 3 quarters and only gave up 2.1 ypc. If healthy all year, they are in trouble. If there is an injury, well see the Kevin fant years at msu.

6. I think Wallace is healthy. For now. He made some throws down field. But he had to put everything into them. Behind that OL he's not healthy long.

7. Treadwell will miss a game due to suspension. He's fighting with db's and shoving late in the pile. A less friendly official ( say vs Alabama). And he's gone.

8. UM has really good safeties

9. The corners are below average. So the middle is open. A lot. Due to the safety help to the outside.

AlSwearengen
08-29-2014, 06:59 AM
The thing that stood out to me and I expected it to a certain extent, but not as much as they displayed, was how little discipline olemiss played with.

Also, their OL was a big question mark, but it is an even bigger question mark right now. They better do some serious improving throughout the year.

msstate7
08-29-2014, 07:08 AM
1. Lil Kim was very disruptive early and seemed to just disappear after that. What was BSU doing to slow him down?

2. OM over pursues everything. Screens, draws, reverses, and misdirection in general is gonna burn them unless they get more disciplined.

3. OM has 2 guys that can beat you on offense: treadwell and engram. Contain those two and OM ain't scoring on nobody.

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2014, 07:10 AM
If we played them right now it would be over by halftime...if not sooner. Our defensive line would be living in their backfield so much they'd be receiving mail there. Our WR's would be getting wide open. They'd be lucky to get 40 yards rushing for the game. Based on what I saw last night I say the final would be MSU-41 TSUN-10 with Damian Williams playing the entire 4th quarter.

Political Hack
08-29-2014, 07:13 AM
A&M can score.

A&M can't stop others from scoring.

OM is inconsistent on offense, has a bad SEC OL, noodle arm for a QB, and zero power running game.

OM has a pretty damn good defense, with elite level play at the safety position. Their depth on their DL may be pretty good too.

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2014, 07:25 AM
A&M can score.

A&M can't stop others from scoring.

OM is inconsistent on offense, has a bad SEC OL, noodle arm for a QB, and zero power running game.

OM has a pretty damn good defense, with elite level play at the safety position. Their depth on their DL may be pretty good too.

I'lll give you the bears have some very good safeties but I am not sold on the defense as a whole. BSU is badly undersized up front and a lot of times TSUN had to bring an extra guy or two to get consistent pressure. Other times they just flat missed blocks. Now, true enough they were without two starters most of the game after Bryant was nailed for targeting and Gross being out but not sure how much difference that makes all in all. I would like to see them against a decent team before I definitively say one way or the other. But based on what I saw last night this is a team that will struggle to get 7 wins this season. Especially after the season wears on and the inevitable injuries take place and Tunsil gets a hang nail and has to sit out a game. If their starters stay healthy all season they might win 8. If they have a normal season it'll be around 6.

thf24
08-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Our defensive line would be living in their backfield so much they'd be receiving mail there..

I hear Chris Jones was already on the phone with a real estate agent last night about available properties there.

PassInterference
08-29-2014, 07:55 AM
I learned despite that game, rebel fans still think they have a good team. That is hilarious.

This game was the next best thing to a rebel loss. They showed how much they suck, then put up enough stats and points in garbage time to make the fan base believe.

Keep it up, rebels. The SEC is coming. Hugh will be on the hot seat before season's end. This is a 6-win Ole Miss team.

SheltonChoked
08-29-2014, 08:06 AM
OM has a pretty defense, with elite level play at the safety position.

FIFY

I'm not sold on the D. They gave up 398 yards of offense to a unimpressive QB. The Safeties are legit. The DL put pressure on Boise some, but never dominated the LOS. They gave up 3.6 YPC to an undersized OL.

If their starters stay healthy all season they might win 8. If they have a normal season it'll be around 6.

Based on what I saw last night, I'll take the under on 8.

preachermatt83
08-29-2014, 11:50 AM
I hear Chris Jones was already on the phone with a real estate agent last night about available properties there.

hahahahahahahaha!!

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

preachermatt83
08-29-2014, 11:53 AM
They biggest keys are simple..

1) The O-Line is very bad
2) Noodle arm is still noodle arm only now he thinks he is not noodle arm so he makes even dumber decisions
3) They have NO running game
4) They are so undisciplined its not even funny
5) Their HC is a terrible play caller.

defiantdog
08-29-2014, 12:08 PM
1. Lil Kim was very disruptive early and seemed to just disappear after that. What was BSU doing to slow him down?

He got burned out from pass rushing every play. Dkimdichee may be quick for a pass rush, but he sucks at plugging gaps and holding edges.

2. OM over pursues everything. Screens, draws, reverses, and misdirection in general is gonna burn them unless they get more disciplined.

Won't happen.... the players run the team, and they only play for individual stats and ego.

3. OM has 2 guys that can beat you on offense: treadwell and engram. Contain those two and OM ain't scoring on nobody.

They have other receivers who looked decent last night, but Bo won't be able to sit back and throw the ball down field against a good defense. The bubble screen will be in full effect when they play SEC teams.

Honestly, OM hasn't changed a bit from last year other than losing a burn it down the field guy like Moncrief.

Chinchilla
08-29-2014, 12:15 PM
3. The sec east is up for grabs.

What do you mean by that? The East either went from a two horse race to being Georgia's to lose, or it went from a three horse race to a two horse race, depending on how you feel about Florida bouncing back.

Doesn't that make it less up for grabs?

Political Hack
08-29-2014, 05:38 PM
I'lll give you the bears have some very good safeties but I am not sold on the defense as a whole. BSU is badly undersized up front and a lot of times TSUN had to bring an extra guy or two to get consistent pressure. Other times they just flat missed blocks. Now, true enough they were without two starters most of the game after Bryant was nailed for targeting and Gross being out but not sure how much difference that makes all in all. I would like to see them against a decent team before I definitively say one way or the other. But based on what I saw last night this is a team that will struggle to get 7 wins this season. Especially after the season wears on and the inevitable injuries take place and Tunsil gets a hang nail and has to sit out a game. If their starters stay healthy all season they might win 8. If they have a normal season it'll be around 6.

I get that. but they won easily and played poorly. when you win big after playing like crap against a decent mid-tier team, it can be telling. I think their offense is atrocious right now, but their defense overcame turnovers and poor field position... and also forced turnovers in some key situations.

GreenheadDawg
08-29-2014, 05:51 PM
I get that. but they won easily and played poorly. when you win big after playing like crap against a decent mid-tier team, it can be telling. I think their offense is atrocious right now, but their defense overcame turnovers and poor field position... and also forced turnovers in some key situations.

Did you watch the game? Boise State's QB was horrible, all they could do was run the ball and still managed almost 400 yards. I could have intercepted those passes. Dude just threw it up in the air. They won easily because Boise's defense got so damn tired in the 4th and Freeze finally figured out he could throw a back shoulder pass to his 6'3 receiver who was being guarded by a 5'9 170 pound back

Political Hack
08-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Did you watch the game? Boise State's QB was horrible, all they could do was run the ball and still managed almost 400 yards. I could have intercepted those passes. Dude just threw it up in the air. They won easily because Boise's defense got so damn tired in the 4th and Freeze finally figured out he could throw a back shoulder pass to his 6'3 receiver who was being guarded by a 5'9 170 pound back

they're not as bad as I want them to be. sorry. hopefully they're at least as bad as you want them to be.