PDA

View Full Version : Ole Missus is about what I thought they were thru 1 game....

HoopsDawg
08-28-2014, 10:13 PM
They have a good defense. I like their attacking scheme, they play downhill. They also have some legit players like Paidwell, Conner, and Kimchee.

Offensively, they have some guys who are explosive. But Bo Dirt is going to make some mistakes and their O-line is a weakness. You take that O-line + their finesse mentality and it's going to put a lot of pressure on Bo Dirt.

I seen it dawg
08-28-2014, 10:18 PM
They ****ing suck. It's a joke the talk about them being worth a shit. Boise has no athletes.

Bass Chaser
08-28-2014, 10:19 PM
I want to see what that defense does when you run right at them.

Maroonandwhite
08-28-2014, 10:21 PM
They have a good defense. I like their attacking scheme, they play downhill. They also have some legit players like Paidwell, Conner, and Kimchee.

Offensively, they have some guys who are explosive. But Bo Dirt is going to make some mistakes and their O-line is a weakness. You take that O-line + their finesse mentality and it's going to put a lot of pressure on Bo Dirt.

If that running game doesn't pick up, that SEC championship ain't happening. It's gonna be closer to a 6-6 season.

Coach34
08-28-2014, 10:25 PM
They are a 4-4 SEC team at best

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 10:30 PM
I want to see what that defense does when you run right at them.

AMEN. Hell, Boise had success tonight running right at them. Teams like Arkansas, Auburn, and us are going to make them hurt.

yjnkdawg
08-28-2014, 10:31 PM
I wonder if any referees will ever call Paidwell for offensive pass interference. Looks like he pushes off or holds pretty much every play that the ball is thrown toward him. The Boise DB getting called for pass interference, when Paidwell held and pushed him, was a pathetic call.

Political Hack
08-28-2014, 10:32 PM
they're much worse than I expected. their running game, against that defense, was a joke. Wallace is still inconsistent.

their defense is good, as expected though.

CadaverDawg
08-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Bo better play like he did in the 2nd half the rest of the year, because everybody will line up to stop the run and force Bo to beat them. Seems that their O has lost it's surprise factor that it had the last few years. OM fans and the media will try to mask it....but OM is just flat out overrated

EdDawg
08-28-2014, 10:34 PM
They are an undiscipline defense because of their attacking scheme. They sell out to make big plays or big hits and they lose focus. Boise should have used a few more middle screens. Their line bull rushes the qb so hard there is no way for them to read the screen.

Also don't get caught up in all the big hits and picks, Boise's QB was awful. He left his receivers out to dry way too much.

hailmari
08-28-2014, 10:35 PM
They're loud and a little flashy. That's it.

DudyDawg
08-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Put 1 player back about 12 yards, the rest within 5 yards of scrimmage. Bo threw about 4 good passes over ten yards. He doesn't scare me a damn bit. And yes, that defense looked good, but that Boise qb was terrible. What did he have, 4 picks? Not hard to stop someone that bad

hailmari
08-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Bo did throw well in the second half... Against blown coverage and poor tackling..

CadaverDawg
08-28-2014, 10:39 PM
I was wondering if they would take a huge step forward with all of the "talent" getting a year older....but they absolutely have not taken a step forward. May have taken one backwards if what we saw from them tonight continues. Their lack of a running game will make the SEC games difficult

I seen it dawg
08-28-2014, 10:42 PM
If that running game doesn't pick up, that SEC championship ain't happening. It's gonna be closer to a 6-6 season.

SEC championship game? Someone talked about that with this shitastic team?

CadaverDawg
08-28-2014, 10:43 PM
I love how the announcers popped up "Ole Miss's Remaining Key Games" on the screen, and didn't mention us. Yet we've beat their ass 4 of the last 5 years. It starts to look like a big practical joke. I just cannot wrap my head around the media hype they get. I guess if you want to get attention, recruit thug premadonnas, let them run their mouths and play undisciplined, win a few games but not enough to compete for championships, act like you are a team of God, and then talk yourself up to the media. It has worked for Freeze since he arrived....and to an extent it is what OM now does in basketball (see Henderson). The media now applauds stupidity, undisciplined play, and selfishness. Congrats, media...you're everything that is wrong with the country.

I seen it dawg
08-28-2014, 10:47 PM
I love how the announcers popped up "Ole Miss's Remaining Key Games" on the screen, and didn't mention us. Yet we've beat their ass 4 of the last 5 years. It starts to look like a big practical joke. I just cannot wrap my head around the media hype they get. I guess if you want to get attention, recruit thug premadonnas, let them run their mouths and play undisciplined, win a few games but not enough to compete for championships, act like you are a team of God, and then talk yourself up to the media. It has worked for Freeze since he arrived....and to an extent it is what OM now does in basketball (see Henderson). The media now applauds stupidity, undisciplined play, and selfishness. Congrats, media...you're everything that is wrong with the country.

Yep

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 10:50 PM

Agree, it is baffling. It must be a joke because it makes no sense.

Bully Dee Williams
08-28-2014, 10:50 PM
They sucked. They outlasted at MWC team in the 4th quarter. Now because they racked garbage stats, we have to hear the hype. Blah!

And that defense isn't as big and bad as some think. Wait until they start playing teams that can punch them in the face. SEC teams aren't going to roll over. Man I hate those bastards!

thf24
08-28-2014, 10:55 PM
And that defense isn't as big and bad as some think. Wait until they start playing teams that can punch them in the face. SEC teams aren't going to roll over. Man I hate those bastards!

This. They've got a good secondary and some talent at every position, but that whole "undersized but quick" approach, whether intentional or out of necessity, is going to continue to hurt them when it counts. If their front struggled to stop the run at times against an undersized MWC o-line, it could be real bad for them against power-running SEC teams.

FlabLoser
08-28-2014, 11:01 PM

The college football media can't research 117 teams. It is obvious they talk to Yancey, Hellenberger, and other "writers" who repeat the company line.

Things said about Ole Miss all offseason and some in week 1 sound just like a Yancey talking points sheet.

But national media has bought in. So the confederates have done PR right.

But now it's up to the scoreboard. The rebels dodged a bullet today on national TV.

They probably fall out of the polls this week.

thf24
08-28-2014, 11:02 PM

Doubt they drop out after a win, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they fall out of the top 20.

gravedigger
08-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Bo better play like he did in the 2nd half the rest of the year, because everybody will line up to stop the run and force Bo to beat them. Seems that their O has lost it's surprise factor that it had the last few years. OM fans and the media will try to mask it....but OM is just flat out overrated

This all day.

Bo is a decent qb. For jc and enough to get them the bowls they have been to. Not much, if anything, more.

Tread well is great. But will be lost in the talk of "what if they had a decent offensive line"

That unit sucks balls.

Five-tool Poster
08-28-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm sure engie has a spreadsheet somewhere about this but he has to get the most help for yards after catch in the country.

Barking 13
08-28-2014, 11:05 PM

double amen!! come on, bring it bro...

CadaverDawg
08-28-2014, 11:13 PM
The college football media can't research 117 teams. It is obvious they talk to Yancey, Hellenberger, and other "writers" who repeat the company line.

Things said about Ole Miss all offseason and some in week 1 sound just like a Yancey talking points sheet.

But national media has bought in. So the confederates have done PR right.

But now it's up to the scoreboard. The rebels dodged a bullet today on national TV.

They will not drop at all. They will be Top 15 no doubt

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 11:16 PM

I agree with you, but the fact that any American could watch that game tonight and honestly believe that Ole Miss is one of the best 25 football teams in the country, means they must have been drunk or have an agenda.

The system sucks. Ole Miss is a 4 or 5 loss SEC team.

archdog
08-28-2014, 11:26 PM
They look better than Vandy.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 11:34 PM

This is true. Ole Miss is way overrated, but Vandy is awful

thf24
08-28-2014, 11:34 PM

Yeah, they'll beat Vandy. Judging from right now, Vandy's only mostly-sure win is Charleston Southern.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Ole Miss' defense gave up 398 yards to an offense with a D2 QB tonight. Almost 400 yards I wouldn't exactly be calling their defense elite, awesome, special, or even really good. They are pretty good on defense and not much else.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
I agree with you, but the fact that any American could watch that game tonight and honestly believe that Ole Miss is one of the best 25 football teams in the country, means they must have been drunk or have an agenda.

The system sucks. Ole Miss is a 4 or 5 loss SEC team.

Thus why preseason polls are total bullshit. There should be no polls until after Week 3 or Week 4. It's just speculation for $$$$$ before then.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 12:06 AM

East Mississippi CC looks better than Vandy.

Todd4State
08-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Ole Miss' defense gave up 398 yards to an offense with a D2 QB tonight. Almost 400 yards I wouldn't exactly be calling their defense elite, awesome, special, or even really good. They are pretty good on defense and not much else.

I think their defense will have trouble with teams that are physical with them. You know- like a SEC team not named Vandy.

shoeless joe
08-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Y'all are crazy...that Boise team is loaded with all that petersen recruited talent. They'll dominate the MWC and make a push for a birth in a major bowl! That QB hedricks is legit. I'm thinkin he'll end up in NYC come December. Only a team with elite coaching and talent coulda done what ole miss did to them tonite...

CadaverDawg
08-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Thus why preseason polls are total bullshit. There should be no polls until after Week 3 or Week 4. It's just speculation for $$$$$ before then.

1000% agree

DawgHouseUnited
08-29-2014, 08:45 AM

My wild guess is they stay in the top 20 thanks to the win, but 3/4 of the game was... unimpressive.