PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who says Sumlin is not the new offensive genius of college football doesn't

Bully13
08-28-2014, 09:50 PM
know shit. he has had a couple of #1 O'S since his first year at Houston. A couple of #2's and #3's. Never finished less than #11.

He is becoming the modern day Steve Spurrier of college football offense.

engie
08-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Somebody has been saying it...The same person that said to expect a way damn better defense...

Hell I still picked SC tho. We will live to regret the day we invited these bastards to the division...

ckDOG
08-28-2014, 09:57 PM
know shit. he has had a couple of #1 O'S since his first year at Houston. A couple of #2's and #3's. Never finished less than #11.

He is becoming the modern day Steve Spurrier of college football offense.

I didn't think his offense would translate well to the SEC. I was way off.

thf24
08-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Maybe, but the SC pass defense was lost all night, and you're not going to sustain success in the SEC throwing the ball 60 times a game week in and week out. I don't think A&M is nearly as bad as many have been trying to pretend they'd be, but I also think they'll come back to earth as we progress into the season. Also, SC doesn't look to be very good this year. They've got a lot to fix on defense, and I've never thought Dylan Thompson is very good.

Coach34
08-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Did somebody say they would suck on offense???

gravedigger
08-28-2014, 10:08 PM
We invited them into the division.

Please explain

HoopsDawg
08-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Let me point out in the over-rated thread that Coach34 started, I said that South Carolina was the most over-rated team in the conference. Will I ever be wrong about something?

Coach34
08-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Let me point out in the over-rated thread that Coach34 started, I said that South Carolina was the most over-rated team in the conference. Will I ever be wrong about something?

our offensive line will just be your latest

But if you called SC- good job. They looked awful

Smitty
08-28-2014, 10:12 PM
We invited them into the division.

Please explain.

This needs explaining? They didn't get to join just because they wanted to...

HoopsDawg
08-28-2014, 10:18 PM
our offensive line will just be your latest

But if you called SC- good job. They looked awful

People really discounted their loss of Conner Shaw, Kelcy Quarles, and Bruce Ellington. Not to mention Clowney.

Let's hope I am finally wrong about something and our O-line ends up being great. Maybe Mullen will bring back the H-back and help them out.

gravedigger
08-28-2014, 10:19 PM
I guess it does. Let me phrase it so you understand.

Who is WE on the choice of divisions?
What conference in heir right ****ing mind wouldn't choose them?
And no they got to join because they have more money, and therefore influence than everyone but bama and maybe more. So yea, they did join because they wanted to.

IMissJack
08-28-2014, 10:19 PM
And it's strange he played LB in college.

MarketingBully01
08-28-2014, 11:20 PM
Guys, it's one game. I think that showed more how much USC sucked then it did A&M was better then people thought they were. They will still lose to Alabama, Auburn, likely LSU, us and Ole Miss. They still could be 7-5 after having such a great game to start the season. Thompson sucks and USC missed about 20-30 tackles. A&M's first drive was basically all bubble screens and one wounded duck over the middle that Seals-Jones made a circus catch on.

The key to beating A&M is to jump out on them early. They are a much better first half team then second half team. Also, a great D-line will slow them down tremendously. Hill won't be able to Manziel his way like Johnny Football did when things break down and they will once they face a D-line that can get pressure without blitzing like the better D-lines can in the SEC.

MarketingBully01
08-28-2014, 11:41 PM
People really discounted their loss of Conner Shaw, Kelcy Quarles, and Bruce Ellington. Not to mention Clowney.

Let's hope I am finally wrong about something and our O-line ends up being great. Maybe Mullen will bring back the H-back and help them out.

You are wrong on our O-line. Ole Miss' O-line was way out of shape in camp (some players were 30 lbs over weight) and it showed tonight. Our O-line is in shape and will be serviceable enough for us to have a record setting offense this year. Bank it.

DancingRabbit
08-29-2014, 12:26 AM
They will still lose to ... Ole Miss

You think the Mississippi Rebels go to College Station and win?