PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it now: A&M is better than they were last year...

Liverpooldawg
08-28-2014, 08:39 PM
JFF was a great player, but it's a great system too. Also, do NOT underestimate a SEC team in TEXAS recruiting. It's a perfect storm: the best conference in the nation in the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation. The big loser on all this is the University of Texas. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Todd4State
08-28-2014, 08:43 PM
I agree with you. They were impressive and they didn't miss a beat on offense, and meanwhile the defense is a little bit better.

MarketingBully01
08-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Still will be an 8-4 team. We will beat them at our place. USCe pulled a Chris Wilson in defending that offense and from what USC showed tonight, they are not a top 25 team.

Dawgface
08-28-2014, 08:45 PM
And their D may mature and get better as the season moves on.

TopDog58
08-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Let them play a few games before you crown them. SC's defense is a Huuuuuge question mark and it was their first time ever playing A&M/Sumlin.

Hill is 1 dimensional compared to Manziel and West teams that have played them twice aren't going to be fooled.

I'm just glad we get them at home.

Jack Lambert
JFF was a great player, but it's a great system too. Also, do NOT underestimate a SEC team in TEXAS recruiting. It's a perfect storm: the best conference in the nation in the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation. The big loser on all this is the University of Texas. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

I disagree. USC is just not all that good on offense and their defense is really horrible.

bulldawg28
No, I disagree. This is what happens when you play with true freshmen corners. They get abused. South Carolina did themselves a disservice.

MarketingBully01
08-28-2014, 08:48 PM
If anything, this showed me that Georgia is the class of the East. Shaw will end up being the one that the Gamecocks miss the most. Thompson is terrible.

preachermatt83
08-28-2014, 08:51 PM
I think from top to bottom aTm is better than they were last year but I do agree that USc is not all that great and Thompson is certainly not very good.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Too early to tell. First games can be weird. SC played a lot of young guys and didn't have much film on Hill. We will see if adjustments are made.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Johnny Football and Evans would have drop 70 on that defense.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 09:39 PM
I agree with you. They were impressive and they didn't miss a beat on offense, and meanwhile the defense is a little bit better.

I'm far from convinced of that. They gave up 28, and SC missed a bunch of big plays. Plus Thompson looked like ass.