PDA

View Full Version : Question about SEC Network and WatchESPN

NorCalDawg
08-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Neither one of the cable providers in my area offer the SEC Network (I think DISH does, but don't know if I want to go there, yet). I am using a friends Uverse account to view WatchESPN online that I thought was supposed to carry all SEC Network games. Until tonight, I've been able to watch SEC Network shows on WatchESPN, but when I tried to watch aTm vs USC I got a message that says "USER NOT AUTHORIZED".

Do you also have to subscribe to SEC Network to be able to watch SEC games on WatchESPN?

I've done a Google search, but I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks in advance for your answers.

msugolf
08-28-2014, 05:49 PM
It's not you it's watchESPN. They must've not been ready for the amount of people wanting to watch. I think it might have blown their servers. People all across the nation are complaining on twitter about the sec network crashing on watchESPN. Major PR needed after this incident.

Bear@Work
08-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Neither one of the cable providers in my area offer the SEC Network (I think DISH does, but don't know if I want to go there, yet). I am using a friends Uverse account to view WatchESPN online that I thought was supposed to carry all SEC Network games. Until tonight, I've been able to watch SEC Network shows on WatchESPN, but when I tried to watch aTm vs USC I got a message that says "USER NOT AUTHORIZED".

Do you also have to subscribe to SEC Network to be able to watch SEC games on WatchESPN?

I've done a Google search, but I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks in advance for your answers.

I loaded it after TAMU scored first and it loaded just fine on the WatchESPN app on my computer

NorCalDawg
08-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Just tried it again; it's not crashing it simply won't start streaming and then I get the "User Not Authorized Error", but everything else plays fine.

TheDogFather
08-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Just tried it again; it's not crashing it simply won't start streaming and then I get the "User Not Authorized Error", but everything else plays fine.

I don't know the answer and I am certainly not an expert, but I would start with "I'm using a friends Uverse account".

Political Hack
08-28-2014, 06:06 PM
been trying to use it too. sucks.

NorCalDawg
08-28-2014, 06:11 PM
So, other game choices until BSU / OM are:

Wake vs. UL-Monroe
Howard vs. Akron
UT Chat vs. Central Mich
Reinhard vs. Mercer (didn't know they played football)

Decisions, decisions...

Dawgcentral
08-28-2014, 06:27 PM
No luck with it here either. Pissing me off.

nsvltndog
08-28-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm trying to figure out my plan for the season. I participated in a twitter berating exercise of Verizon to get them to add it to their FIOS service before the season started and they finally pulled the trigger about 48 hours ago. Problem is they are only offering in HD in their TX and FL properties so the rest of the country (mostly Mid Atlantic and Northeast) only gets it in SD format. I think I'll be able to use the Watch ESPN app to get it in HD on our X-Box One and Amazon Kindle Fire TV box, but if its not reliable I may have to switch. Very disappointing b/c FIOS has been an incredible platform until they went full Yankee on showing the SEC in HD. Of course we get both the Longhorn Network and Big 10 Network in HD.

Martianlander
08-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Got the same message-must be a wide spread problem.