PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Spears just said Ole Miss has 3 or 4 first rounders on defense

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Uh who?

Is there a delusional Ole Miss fan writing this guy's material?

Ole Miss will have a pretty good defense, but this comment is absurd and simply incorrect analysis.

Nkdechhee will probably be a 1st rounder

Conner has a chance

Prewitt is a pretty good player, but not a 1st rounder by any stretch

And that's about it.

Furthermore, the SEC Network just said Ole Miss is loaded at running back. Last year they didn't have a running back that could pick up a 1st down in short yardage situations. Did they acquire someone new for this year?

Seriously, where does the SEC Network get their information from. This analysis is crap and not even fair to Ole Miss.

No team in the country seems to have improved between their bowl game last year and their first game this year.

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Seriously, where does the SEC Network get their information from.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/335649/yance_medium.jpg

MarketingBully01
08-28-2014, 10:24 AM
One of their weaknesses is the running back position. Who do they have that is a big bruising back as a change of pace from the two scat backs they have? Spears and Booger are jokes. I agree with you too that they really only had one first round draft pick on defense. It's obvious that with the hype that kimchi is getting he will go but I doubt anyone else will.

MarketingBully01
08-28-2014, 10:25 AM
I know Booger got all his information from the David Johnson homer hack. DJ was bragging about that.

FlabLoser
08-28-2014, 10:30 AM
You guys just don't get it. This is the most loaded Ole Miss team since Johnny Vaught. Let's see what Freeze does with it.

mstatefan91
08-28-2014, 10:33 AM
You guys just don't get it. This is the most loaded Ole Miss team since Johnny Vaught. Let's see what Freeze does with it.

So who are the three or four first rounders flab? I give them one and that's if he doesn't do anything stupid off field.

Homedawg
David kellum yesterday on h2h said there was as much hype, and expectation as Eli's senior year. I'm not as down on them as many in here, (although my dislike is just as great) but that statement is a hmmm if I've ever heard one.

ShotgunDawg

If the SEC Network's analysis of them is correct then they should be a national title contender. Just curious where the SEC Network got it's info from. Finding the holes in their analysis is like looking a big block of swiss cheese.

That being said, I expect Ole Miss to take care of business tonight. They will just out physical Boise.

thf24
08-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Uh who?

Ole Miss will have a pretty good defense, but this comment is absurd and simply incorrect analysis.

Conner has a chance

And that's about it.

Furthermore, the SEC Network just said Ole Miss is loaded at running back. Last year they didn't have a running back that could pick up a 1st down in short yardage situations. Did they acquire someone new for this year?

Seriously, where does the SEC Network get their information from. This analysis is crap and not even fair to Ole Miss.

No team in the country seems to have improved between their bowl game last year and their first game this year.

I think Conner is their only shot at a first round pick. Kimdeechee is already as big as he's going to get and he's a tweener. The most value I can see him having is at 4-3 DE, and since more and more teams are switching to the 3-4, he'd have to be pretty lucky for a 4-3 team needing a DE badly enough to take him in the first round to be out there when the time comes. I'd guess round 2-3 for him.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 10:37 AM
David kellum yesterday on h2h said there was as much hype, and expectation as Eli's senior year. I'm not as down on them as many in here, (although my dislike is just as great) but that statement is a hmmm if I've ever heard one.

I'm not down on them. In fact, I think they will be pretty good, but just not as good as us. That being said, the hype and misinformation about their team, is really unfair to them as much as anyone else.

It seems that Ole Miss hype has a snowball effect to it. It just builds and builds and builds to the point where facts and past performance can't even justify it. Hugh Kellenberger felt the need to write about Dak Prescott to limit his hype, but writing an article to limit Ole Miss' hype actually would have been much much easier.

SDDawg
08-28-2014, 10:43 AM
They have 2, not 4. #math

08-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Expectations baby. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

MetEdDawg
08-28-2014, 10:50 AM

I hope they keep thinking this because when they don't reach these lofty expectations they and others have put on themselves, they will begin to do what every fan base hates to do. Doubt and question.

If they truly are loaded and Freeze is truly high school girls basketball's gift to college football, then they should at worst go 9-3 and they sure as heck shouldn't lose to us at home. Anything less is a failure and they should be concerned about the direction of their program.

codeDawg
08-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Just going to take an unbiased, 3rd party source on draft projections, CBS.com. Prewitt is a third rounder, and 4th safty. RK and Conner could be 1st rounders. I don't know who else they could be talking about. (Edited, round math bad)

Pick
Round
Name
Pos
Pos Rank

Cody Prewitt (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1878019/cody-prewitt)
FS

C.J. Johnson
OLB

Senquez Golson
CB

Serderius Bryant
SS

Bo Wallace (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1759613/bo-wallace)
QB

Deterrian Shackelford
ILB

Vince Sanders
WR

Keith Lewis
OLB

Carlos Thompson
DE

Lavon Hooks
DT

Maroonthirteen
08-28-2014, 11:08 AM
You say. They pay. Spears is on the take. The only logical explanation.

RougeDawg
08-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Uh who?

Conner has a chance

And that's about it.

I seriously think the guy doesn't know is from them last week he talked about their stable of power running backs and bruising QB. After he made that statement, I knew he was as delusional and uneducated as any bear fan.

Eta. Had a bear buddy tell me last night that the current OM team had 5 top 10 picks in the upcoming couple drafts. They seriously believe that shit.

1bigdawg
08-28-2014, 11:30 AM
This is great! When all of these guys end up not being picked in the first round, we can point to their lack of player development. They took first round talent and turned it into late round picks. We get the most from our players so they maximize their football potential.

Coach34
08-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Best Ole Missus team of my lifetime this year. I can't wait to watch

RougeDawg
08-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Best Ole Missus team of my lifetime this year. I can't wait to watch

The way ESPN talks, they could contend for the NFC East title this year, with a possible first round bye.

blacklistedbully
08-28-2014, 11:41 AM
And Ole Miss fan on Rivals.com trumpeting it as fact. Oddly, posters from other schools are still buying into Ole Miss hype.

Oxfordawg
08-28-2014, 11:46 AM
With this level of talent there is no excuse for Freeze not to get them in the playoffs. SEC West is theirs for the taking hope he doesn't blow it and only go 7-5 with this extreme talent they have amassed.

msstate7
08-28-2014, 11:48 AM
And Ole Miss fan on Rivals.com trumpeting it as fact. Oddly, posters from other schools are still buying into Ole Miss hype.

Good. I hope every team prepares for them like OM is the #1 team in the country

AlSwearengen
08-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Olemiss is a team full of if's and maybe's. If tunsil decides to play through bumps and bruises, if half the team has their heads on straight, if they are lucky with injuries, maybe Bo will protect the ball every game, if the kimdashians don't act like asses, maybe half the players will play for olemiss and not themselves, maybe their heads will be as good as their bodies talent wise (this is the biggest one).

They have purchased a good bit of physical talent. It takes more than just physical talent though.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Would someone explain to me, with the exception of the 3 freshmen being a year older, why is Ole Miss going to be any better this year than last year?

mic
08-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Chris Jones - RN. Both soph
Preston - CJ Sr and jr ( CJ will prob declare)
Cox - Pruitt. Both sr
Love - Golson. Both sr
Eulls - Hooks. Both sr
PJ - Carlos Thompson. Both sr
BMac- S Bryant. Jr and sr ( Bmac for sure gone)

Is there any Bear on this list you would choose over our guys at their positions?
And good comparison to who will go higher in draft per position. I would not be surprised to see Justin Cox go higher in draft than Cody ..

Call me a homer or whatever.. But give me ever guy on the left side...

defiantdog
08-28-2014, 12:00 PM
OM being over hyped? Say it ain't so....

http://i61.tinypic.com/mwxmp0.jpg

AlSwearengen
08-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Didn't c.j. come out and say that he wasn't really interested in playing nfl ball and that he wanted to be a coach? Maybe because of his injuries? I remember thinking that he might not be quite so motivated if that is his mind set.

Chris Jones - RN. Both soph
Preston - CJ Sr and jr ( CJ will prob declare)
Cox - Pruitt. Both sr
Love - Golson. Both sr
Eulls - Hooks. Both sr
PJ - Carlos Thompson. Both sr
BMac- S Bryant. Jr and sr ( Bmac for sure gone)

Is there any Bear on this list you would choose over our guys at their positions?
And good comparison to who will go higher in draft per position. I would not be surprised to see Justin Cox go higher in draft than Cody ..

thf24
08-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Would someone explain to me, with the exception of the 3 freshmen being a year older, why is Ole Miss going to be any better this year than last year?

Their defense will be further improved, but I don't see their offense, which was mostly terrible against good defenses last year, being one bit better. I don't believe that Bo Dirt is "finally healthy" any more than he was "finally healthy" the last two preseaons, their o-line is weaker and thinner than last year, they still don't have a power back outside their DT and 300 lb tight end, and Treadwell wide with Sanders opposite him and an unknown in the slot is a serious downgrade from Moncrief and Logan with Treadwell in the slot. Unless Freeze has some Malzahn-esque tricks up his sleeve, they're going to pick up right where they left off, which is struggling to score offensive touchdowns against good defenses.

Bothrops
08-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Uh who?

Conner has a chance

And that's about it.

I don't think Nkemdiche will be a first lrounder. He's too compact and gets owned a lot, one on one. Simply put, the guy was not the #1 player.

messageboardsuperhero
08-28-2014, 12:53 PM
UM has four first rounders on defense, eight All-SEC selections, a stacked RB and WR group, and the best returning LT and QB in the conference...

How can Freeze NOT win big with that roster? SEC champs or bust.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Rankings and hype are being manipulated for OM just to sell this Boise game but it's not working. A&M SCAR is getting all the buzz tonight so people are going overboard to give you a reason to tune in to the sports leader.

It happens all the time. Look at the rankings and you will see how the emphasis is on creating buzz. That's the reason why we're not ranked. We can and should earn our ranking and praise before we play LSU.

Radddawg
08-28-2014, 03:25 PM
We can and should earn our ranking and praise before we play LSU.

I know we have a top 15 team but I dont think we'll prove that by beating the hell out of Southern, UAB and South Alabama. We'll be ranked after we go down to Red Stick and whip up on Les Miles and the Tigers. That's where we'll earn our ranking.

I seen it dawg
08-28-2014, 05:00 PM
SEC Network is spot on in their assessment of OM. They don't win 10 games with all that talent and with the coaching they have with so many guys they have coached in the NFL I'll be shocked.