05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
who the **** has cable now unless they have no choice? Directv bitches

Spider-Man
05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
No ESPN3 access?

FlabLoser
05-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I have "cable" - AT&T Uverse rocks.

Looking forward to ESPN kicking CSS to the curb.

Coach34
05-22-2013, 10:05 AM
yeahhhhhhh but dont want to have to do that shit...I'm old fashioned still, prefer games on my 60 inch screen

TopDog58
05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
I have nothing against DirecTV, used to have it myself. But I always get a laugh when people try to make the argument to me that it is sooooo much cheaper than cable and then proceed to say that their monthly bill is $170-$190. I pay that for my Triple play and have the 50/10 Internet to go along with it. Comcast boxes and interface are antiquated and slow to catch up but you can't beat the Internet speeds, at least not in MS.

The Croom Diaries
05-22-2013, 10:21 AM
yeahhhhhhh but dont want to have to do that shit...I'm old fashioned still, prefer games on my 60 inch screen

If you're at work like I am the computer screen right in front of your face looks pretty big. If you are at home you can hook your lap top up to your 60". Even if you don't have a HDMI cable, just use the blue monitor cable thing from your desktop and connect your lap top up to the TV - most every HDTV has a PC hook up in the back. The ESPN3 feed I'm watching now is pretty clear, better than most games.

Also, I have CSS and it's my favorite channel. It's all SEC all the time. I would be surprised if the new SEC network will deliver as good of coverage (during the week) as CSS does.

Ronny
05-22-2013, 11:41 AM
..surprised Comcast is still a viable business entity they are so horrible.

And the thing that doubly pisses me off is, this week, I can get the entire ACC tournament on DirectTV.

I would rather watch high school girl's softball than watch ACC teams play baseball.

Their brand of baseball is almost as shitty as their brand of football.

601Dawg
05-22-2013, 11:44 AM
who the **** has cable now unless they have no choice? Directv bitches

I've been DirecTV for 6 years love it but hate the fact that CSS still holds us by the balls for certain SEC games, thank goodness I have WatchESPN ap on my ipad to watch us when we play on CSS

msumudcat
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi...I am Mike and I have cable. Watching TSUN and Arky in CSS right now. Looks like a carbon copy of our game last night.

maroonmania
05-22-2013, 12:03 PM

Just do what I do, get you a laptop with an HDMI output and hook up ESPN3 to your big screen and you are good to go. I do the same thing with HailState TV.

Coach34
05-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi...I am Mike and I have cable. Watching TSUN and Arky in CSS right now. Looks like a carbon copy of our game last night.

yes it does...college baseball has to do something about these bats

FISHDAWG
05-22-2013, 12:07 PM
will the new upcoming SEC network undermine the CSS cable thing ?

msumudcat
05-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Preach Wool!

Original48
05-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi...I am Mike and I have cable.

HI MIKE!!

Drewbowski
05-22-2013, 12:11 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4kzepM5gW1rwkf27o1_500.gif

msumudcat
05-22-2013, 12:12 PM
I hit with both a wood bat and the "new bat" where I helped coach last year. I liked the wood better.

msumudcat
05-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Wife beater alert. Huge Hog fan sporting the wings that helps guys like me feel better about myself.

msumudcat
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Bliss...Bears get beat by wife beaters 2-1 on passed ball.

Ronny
05-22-2013, 12:49 PM
yes it does...college baseball has to do something about these bats

the bats.

They are playing this tournament in a park the size of Rhode Island.

And all the cans of corn being caught @ the warning track (which would be HR's in any other park) is beginning to bore the hell out of everybody. Not to mention screw up the itinerary via unreasonably extended games.

If the tourney committee wants to offer a fun brand of baseball during SEC tourney week, they are going to have to move this thing out of Hoover.

Hump4Hoops
05-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Got my cable and internet packaged, and I love it. What most cable companies are doing now - Xfinity or Uverse letting me watch my shows whenever without having to **** around with manual recording - gives me no incentive to switch back to a dish.

Coach34
05-22-2013, 01:09 PM
the bats.

They are playing this tournament in a park the size of Rhode Island.

And all the cans of corn being caught @ the warning track (which would be HR's in any other park) is beginning to bore the hell out of everybody. Not to mention screw up the itinerary via unreasonably extended games.

If the tourney committee wants to offer a fun brand of baseball during SEC tourney week, they are going to have to move this thing out of Hoover.

The bats are killing college baseball...it's boring as shit the last 2 years- and I love baseball...teams bunting in the 1st and 2nd innings is ridiculous- and they are doing it all over baseball

I actually like Hoover because of the bigger alleys- you can actually hit a double there

DownwardDawg
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
I got Comcast for internet and DirectTV for channels. Best of both worlds!

Bullmutt
05-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Problem is, Hoover not only a damned fine park but is also so convenient for most fans vs. the other locations the SEC has looked at, especially Atlanta. Since the Barons no longer play there, and if Hoover wants to keep the SEC tourney, they might consider moving the center portion of the outfield in some. 340' down the lines is OK. Anything shorter than that doesn't deserve to be a HR anyway.

FlabLoser
05-23-2013, 10:50 AM
I can't see Hoover maintaining that park for one tournament per year. Who else uses it?

Spider-Man
05-23-2013, 11:08 AM
I have been using my xbox to watch our games. There is a slight delay between action and twitter updates. So I just ignore twitter while watching. Coming through in HD too. Constantly streams and never stops to buffer.

Spider-Man
05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
I can't see Hoover maintaining that park for one tournament per year. Who else uses it?

From what I understood on Tuesday night's broadcast. Hoover high school uses it for football.

FlabLoser
05-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Facepalm

Bullmutt
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Yes, they do use it for fb plus a good number of public events (July 4th celebrations, etc.). It is a nice facility and, from all appearances, the field has been well-maintained.

War Machine Dawg
05-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Better yet, why the hell can't DirecTV and and CSS get a deal worked out to have the channel on there? They both need to stop the pissing contest and work out the deal.

Then aGAIN, this *should* be the last year of this bullshit. SEC Network starts in '14, so I assume it'll be on there next season. If not, it certainly should be in '15, so only 1 more year of shitty CSS at most, I'd think.

FlabLoser
05-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Because Comcast (who owns CSS) and DirecTV are competitors.