PDA

View Full Version : I like Boog McFarland but not M Spears

cheewgumm
08-27-2014, 11:34 PM
... I tho k Tebow is good. He's going to be really good when he's giving his feeling rather than prepared analysis.

FlabLoser
08-27-2014, 11:54 PM
I don't know how anybody like Booger.

McElroy looks petty good.

cheewgumm
08-27-2014, 11:57 PM
He's jolly. Spears just seems mean.

I like McElroy too like everyone else. I actually think Tebow could
Be the best one... In time.

dickiedawg
08-28-2014, 12:04 AM
I think McElroy and Tebow both have potential.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 12:19 AM
If you like Booger, you need to stop posting about football. He and Spears are total idiots. I seriously wonder what suit at ESPN thought it was a good idea to put them on TV.

TStationDawg
08-28-2014, 06:50 AM
McElroy is the Clay Aiken of the SEC Network. Talented- but always looks nervous...What? You thought I was going somewhere else with that?

Johnson85
08-28-2014, 07:59 AM

Booger actually comes across well he just isn't an analyst. I don't know if he doesn't have it up top or if he just didn't bother to do his homework, but he can be on TV, it just needs to be a different role. If they want to keep him, they need to let him do short bits where his personality comes across but he's not required to provide any actual insight or analysis.

Political Hack
08-28-2014, 08:02 AM
MCElroy and Tebow are the stars in waiting. Booger needs to be a sideline reporter... Spears is difficult to watch. Booger is at least ok to listen to despite his lack of any knowledge.

FlabLoser
08-28-2014, 08:10 AM
MCElroy and Tebow are the stars in waiting. Booger needs to be a sideline reporter... Spears is difficult to watch. Booger is at least ok to listen to despite his lack of any knowledge.

He could tag team with this guy.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/tonysiragusa1.jpg

archdog
08-28-2014, 08:10 AM

McElroy looks petty good.

McElroy looks like the only one that can break down a team and talk about it in a way that keeps the listener engaged. Tebow talks like he is giving the speech after the UM game every time.
For instance, today (and everyday for 13 days on repeat) he was talking about Treadwell and if he was going to get to 100 yards against Boise. He went pretty in depth on how Moncreif is gone, they are moving him to the outside, etc etc. The other guys just seem to make more general commentary that you hear from everyone under the sun. McElroy has impressed.

Booger needs to go. Spears can stay, but he needs to get above a 6th grade level. We need people that can talk about the nuances of the game intelligently.

archdog
08-28-2014, 08:11 AM
If you like Booger, you need to stop posting about football. He and Spears are total idiots. I seriously wonder what suit at ESPN thought it was a good idea to put them on TV.

They need Fred Smoot.

archdog
08-28-2014, 08:13 AM

They need Fred Smoot.

DudyDawg
08-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Booger is god awful. Spears is better, but not by much. Tebow is good, does research and somewhat knows what he's talking about. Greg is the star of the show. Does the research and can actually apply it.

Dari is a good host IMO. Good voice, knows what he's talking about but doesn't overstep his boundaries as host. Good personality too

quickstrike2
08-28-2014, 08:55 AM
McElroy looks like the only one that can break down a team and talk about it in a way that keeps the listener engaged. Tebow talks like he is giving the speech after the UM game every time.
For instance, today (and everyday for 13 days on repeat) he was talking about Treadwell and if he was going to get to 100 yards against Boise. He went pretty in depth on how Moncreif is gone, they are moving him to the outside, etc etc. The other guys just seem to make more general commentary that you hear from everyone under the sun. McElroy has impressed.

Booger needs to go. Spears can stay, but he needs to get above a 6th grade level. We need people that can talk about the nuances of the game intelligently.

I agree that it almost does feel like Tebow is giving a speech, but overall he can be pretty good. Mcelroy has impressed me, he seems fair to every team. I watched it last night and it was probably a replay, but the only thing that was talked about was the USCe A&M game, and Ole Miss. Had a sit down with Freeze, then Mcelroy talking about Ole Miss and their sophomore class and then Tebow talking about their amazingness and their Sophomore class. I'm sure it was just the timing but I finally got tired of hearing it and changed it to something else.

cheewgumm
08-28-2014, 09:45 AM
It's more about who's good on TV. Hell, five minutes after they've said I've already forgotten what they predicted.

Barking 13
08-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Spears is like: yada yada yada.. reminds me of someone like Barkley.... I'd chuck him for Charles Davis..

dickiedawg
08-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Dari is a good host IMO. Good voice, knows what he's talking about but doesn't overstep his boundaries as host. Good personality too

Agree with this. I just think he's really professional and I like that. Doesn't feel like they threw a B-teamer on since its SECN.

shoeless joe
08-28-2014, 04:58 PM
What a shocker... The 2 quarterbacks understand the game and can verbalized their thoughts better than 2 defensive lineman.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Spears is like: yada yada yada.. reminds me of someone like Barkley.... I'd chuck him for Charles Davis..

Not just no, but HELL NO. That guy is a bigger idiot than Spears & Booger, not to mention he hates us for no reason. I'll still never forget him saying "MSU is a coaching graveyard" when he hired Mullen. **** Charles Davis. Hope he rots in Hell.

Barking 13
08-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Not just no, but HELL NO. That guy is a bigger idiot than Spears & Booger, not to mention he hates us for no reason. I'll still never forget him saying "MSU is a coaching graveyard" when he hired Mullen. **** Charles Davis. Hope he rots in Hell.

I know.. that's how much I dislike Spears... I left off the ***

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 09:34 PM
I know.. that's how much I dislike Spears... I left off the ***

Ah, my bad. Gotta check my sarcasm meter.

Coackjek
08-28-2014, 09:49 PM

+1