PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Season Preview 2014

662dawg
08-27-2014, 09:59 PM
http://makeitrainsports.com/football/ole-miss-season-preview-2014/

RC3
08-27-2014, 10:12 PM
Pretty much exactly how I view their team and I think they'll end up at 8-4 as well

Schultzy
08-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Someone is questioning their depth finally? I've been saying boom or bust for this team as well, glad at least one other sees it that way too.

This is not a league that is kind to teams without it.

LiterallyPolice
08-27-2014, 10:27 PM
My favorite part is when he says they are "boom or bust" and then picks them to finish "somewhere in the middle" (8-4).

I don't think he knows what "boom or bust" means.

IMissJack
08-27-2014, 10:41 PM
If we beat them in Oxford, it is a bust...especially based on the hype this year.

662dawg
08-27-2014, 10:45 PM
My favorite part is when he says they are "boom or bust" and then picks them to finish "somewhere in the middle" (8-4).

Bust to me is them going 5-7 and boom is around 10-2... 8-4 would be close to the middle of that.

LiterallyPolice
08-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Bust to me is them going 5-7 and boom is around 10-2... 8-4 would be close to the middle of that.

Yes, but boom OR bust means they either do really well (10-2) or very poorly (5-7). If "in the middle" is an option, then they aren't "boom or bust".

... Anyway, it doesn't really matter. You know me, always being literal.

DawgPoundtheRock
08-28-2014, 07:18 AM
Did you notice how many players mentioned "haven't lived up to expectations"? They can recruit talent, but they don't develop players. (Beating a dead horse). Overall an honest assessment. Bet the bear fanbase will lynch this guy.

Maroonthirteen
08-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Watching the analysis of them on SEC TV now. Offensively, people seem to think it is Wallace or bust. If he goes down it is over. Otherwise, he will do enough offensively to win a lot with that 85 Chicago Bear defense. ***

Whatever..... I laughed at the PG hotty toddy running on SEC TV. Any cheer that ends in "yes, ma'am". Just stop. Also, David kellum..... sounds exactly like he looks. An effiment game show host. He is not even in the same galaxy as Cristil or Muncy or Ward.

Political Hack
08-28-2014, 07:42 AM
they are boom or bust. Don't get me wrong, I want them to lose every game they ever play... but it would be special if we both roll into the egg bowl with 8-9 wins each. It would also help our bowl positioning to whip an 8 win OM in their house.

Johnson85
08-28-2014, 07:57 AM
That makes their depth issues sound much worse than I thought. Doesn't sound like they can really afford injuries in any position group other than safety.

I also noticed he used the word undersized a lot to describe their defense. I knew they were smaller at DL and LB, but didn't realize that their CB's were also undersized. So they have Gross, CJ, Bryant, elder Knemdichee, and their two cbs as undersized. Just hard to believe they are going to avoid getting worn down against an SEC schedule, especially since LSU and Bama will be back to even more ground and pound this year, Arkansas is a running team, Auburn is a running spread team, and we are going to feature some big backs.

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2014, 08:09 AM
Watching the analysis of them on SEC TV now. Offensively, people seem to think it is Wallace or bust. If he goes down it is over. Otherwise, he will do enough offensively to win a lot with that 85 Chicago Bear defense. ***

If CBS does go down, how good is Kinkaide? I don't remember us pursuing him very heavily. If true, not sure if that was because we just knew he was a solid bear commit or he just wasn't very high on our board. All I know about him is that he was a 4 star and did pretty well at the elite 11 camp he went to.

FlabLoser
08-28-2014, 08:13 AM
If CBS does go down, how good is Kinkaide? I don't remember us pursuing him very heavily. If true, not sure if that was because we just knew he was a solid bear commit or he just wasn't very high on our board. All I know about him is that he was a 4 star and did pretty well at the elite 11 camp he went to.

Kinkaide was a decent recruit. But no Freshman is going to be great, especially when they haven't prepared as the #1 guy all offseason.

BTW, if he plays, he'll be the first signed-out-of-high-school QB they've had since the Eli Manning era.

thunderclap
08-28-2014, 08:51 AM
He forgot to mention they have the flu.

MaroonState
08-28-2014, 08:59 AM

Well they could boom on the front end of their schedule and bust on the back end to finish 8-4. Literally.

jumbo
08-28-2014, 09:29 AM
woah, that was written by an OM fan? I completely agree with pretty much all of it.

Bully13
08-28-2014, 09:29 AM
I liked the acknowledgment of the potential of locker room breakdown with no leadershilp. When you sign a bunch of whores, their loyalties can deteriorate. Breakaway from the pimp and freelance. I mentioned this not too long ago. Team attitude could be their downfall.

thf24
08-28-2014, 09:37 AM
I liked the acknowledgment of the potential of locker room breakdown with no leadershilp. When you sign a bunch of whores, their loyalties can deteriorate. Breakaway from the pimp and freelance. I mentioned this not too long ago. Team attitude could be their downfall.

It's cyclic with the way they recruit. The locker room will eventually break down and it'll be 2010 again. I don't think they're due quite yet, but you never know with players like the Kimdeechees accelerating the process.

662dawg
08-28-2014, 09:50 AM
woah, that was written by an OM fan? I completely agree with pretty much all of it.

I AM NOT UMISS FAN 😁

jumbo
08-28-2014, 09:56 AM
I AM NOT UMISS FAN ��

my bad man. i didn't know who wrote it/never been to your site before.

662dawg
08-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Lol. It's cool bro... I just didn't want you to think an Ole Miss fan wrote it with an honest view 😜

blacklistedbully
08-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Lol. It's cool bro... I just didn't want you to think an Ole Miss fan wrote it with an honest view ��

The very definition of, "Oxymoron". We could call it, "Oxfordmoron". Lord knows there are an abundance of those! ;)

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-28-2014, 12:36 PM

Trent Dilfer really liked him. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/4/11/4214554/devante-kincade-elite-11-mvp-ole-miss-rebels

LiterallyPolice
08-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Well they could boom on the front end of their schedule and bust on the back end to finish 8-4. Literally.

That would be boom AND bust, since both occur in the same season.