PDA

View Full Version : Black bears and USM all time record?

junctiondawg
08-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Have WE really lost to them 6 times and are still scared to play them in the all time series? I realize we haven't played them much but still this can't be right

BulldogDX55
08-27-2014, 07:06 PM
We are actually up 14-12 on the field, but the official record is 12-14 because we had to forfeit a pair of games for violations.

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2014, 07:11 PM
and everyone say bye bye to the troll... thank you for asking a STUPID QUESTION and sticking your head out

Again...trolls if you gonna troll.. dont post from the UM wireless network...
hst000xxxxxx..um.wifi01.olemiss.edu

Coach34
08-27-2014, 07:21 PM
Stupid BearShark

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Hope he at least clicked some ads

TUSK
08-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I've a legit question: Why would you cats (Dawgs) wanna play USM...? Isn't it a "lose-lose"?

I would effin' crap my pants if Bammer scheduled Troy, S. AL, or UAB....

msstate7
08-27-2014, 08:18 PM
I've a legit question: Why would you cats (Dawgs) wanna play USM...? Isn't it a "lose-lose"?

Miss college didnt have an open date*

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2014, 08:20 PM

It really is a Nothing to win. Especially with them being at Rock bottom right now. And our new president at the time wanted it to happen.

The better question is doing a home and home with new d1 South Alabama that has nothing to gain and all to lose except filling the schedule when you have a program rising up in strength and traditional teams not wanting to play us in a home and home. The big 5 requirement will Change that some

engie
08-27-2014, 08:21 PM

It was long considered as such... Now it's more of a "further marginalization" thing. Byrne messed up by not getting at least a 2 for 1 out of them though...

CadaverDawg
08-27-2014, 08:23 PM

Total lose-lose. That's why I hope we beat their asses two straight years and then hang this shit up for good.

TUSK
08-27-2014, 08:40 PM
wait, hold on a minute... yall did "home and away" with BOTH Troy/SA & USM????

"smalls, you're killing me".....

LiterallyPolice
08-27-2014, 08:48 PM
You just misquoted Sandlot. I mean this as both a correction and to describe my general reaction to this whole debacle:

You're killin' me, Smalls.

Schultzy
08-27-2014, 08:51 PM

No denying it, this has got to end. No more trips to Troy, South Alabama, La Tech or Friggin Southern Miss. We just don't have to.

TUSK
08-27-2014, 08:56 PM
You just misquoted Sandlot. I mean this as both a correction and to describe my general reaction to this whole debacle:

You're killin' me, Smalls.

dude, I will miss you when you give this shit up.

LiterallyPolice
08-27-2014, 09:02 PM
dude, I will miss you when you give this shit up.

Give what up? I'm not sure I understand.

Todd4State
08-27-2014, 09:28 PM

I have a theory on in state domination that there is two ways to do it.

One way is what Alabama does via isolating the weak. And then essentially having control over UAB's program as well.

The other theory is the Roman theory. We play the people in state, dominate them and then build them back up with giving so that they are essentially dependent on the dominant force. We've done so with the SWAC schools. The thing is, for years USM would say that MSU and Ole Miss were scared to play them. Well, we are calling their bluff. If we are going to play the SWAC teams, we are sort of obligated to play USM as well. Otherwise, their "scared" theory would hold more water.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that we have nothing to gain. On the off chance that there are any players that are interested in going to USM from either Hattiesburg or the Coast, destroying them on the field would have a major impact in our favor. Not that we compete for the same players a whole lot, but you never know.

I'm probably in the minority on playing USM in that I see the benefit of it and I don't mind it. But at the same time, I do agree that we should not play them every year like we did throughout the 60's-80's.

Offshore Dawg
08-28-2014, 05:57 AM
Tusk, to bottom line the situation MSU Dawgs do not have Bama's money to buy what ever rent a win game they need to fill out their schedule.

Political Hack
08-28-2014, 06:50 AM

it does make us look like little sister of the sec. I don't get it either.

TUSK
08-28-2014, 08:31 AM
Give what up? I'm not sure I understand.

When you retire from (the literal police) force... It was a compliment.

DawgHouseUnited
08-28-2014, 08:39 AM

Legit question also; who does Bama play on September 13?

The Bama cupcake opponents (USM, WCU, WV, FAU) were 13-35 last year.
The State cupcake opponents (USM, UAB, USA, UT-M) were 16-32 last year.

Now if you're wondering why we schedule games AT these places, that's a different story, and worth griping about (IMO). It just sounded like you were saying we were ridiculous for even playing a team like USM or Troy.

blacklistedbully
08-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Legit question also; who does Bama play on September 13?

The Bama cupcake opponents (USM, WCU, WV, FAU) were 13-35 last year.
The State cupcake opponents (USM, UAB, USA, UT-M) were 16-32 last year.

Now if you're wondering why we schedule games AT these places, that's a different story, and worth griping about (IMO). It just sounded like you were saying we were ridiculous for even playing a team like USM or Troy.

I'm pretty sure he was simply referring to playing an inferior in-state team that will not benefit us much, even with a win, but could be terrible for us in the event of a loss. Also probably factoring in USM coming into those games sky-high, with nothing to lose. Finally, he is also likely wondering why we would agree to a home & home with them.

tcdog70
08-28-2014, 11:53 AM
The seven game losing streak we had against the Buzzards was when they were doing some shady stuff recruiting wise. The could sign a boat load of PROP players that we could not. Bobby Collins left Mississippi Southern and went to SMU and got them the Death Penalty. The last 2 games we Played them We beat them and their greatest QB ever. When they were an Independent they could do what they wanted, by joining a Conference they had to clean up their recruiting.

They fact we are playing home and away-just shows the suxitude of Scott and Greg. WTF?

Jack Lambert
08-28-2014, 12:16 PM
How much money is USM getting from Alabama to play them?

DawgHouseUnited
08-28-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm pretty sure he was simply referring to playing an inferior in-state team that will not benefit us much, even with a win, but could be terrible for us in the event of a loss. Also probably factoring in USM coming into those games sky-high, with nothing to lose. Finally, he is also likely wondering why we would agree to a home & home with them.

I figured that (bolded) was the case after I'd written my comment, but upon first reading it didn't seem like it. Conversation went in that direction anyway, which I agree is a legit question..
What difference does it make playing an inferior in-state team vs. playing an inferior out-of-state team? Your first two points could be said for any cupcake opponent, regardless of who they are & where they come from.

Just my guess, but I figure that we've had to do home-and-home series traditionally because we haven't had the dosh to flat-out pay for a team to just come to us once. We maybe could have negotiated a better deal, say 2-for-1 or something, but I imagine that that'$ the underlying factor. Hopefully we're growing out of that problem.

LiterallyPolice
08-28-2014, 01:34 PM
When you retire from (the literal police) force... It was a compliment.

Oh, I didn't take it as an insult, I just didn't understand what you were getting at. I see now. My confusion stemmed from that fact that I was, at the time, off duty. I was speaking more as a concerned-Sandlot-loving-citizen more than in an official capacity as semantic-law-enforcer.